Stray Fawn Community

Suggestion : In-depth graphical options.

Saymite

I played the game for about two hours today and now I have some feedback.

Aside from the already mentioned suggestions (harder enemies , some tutorials , and info about parts) , I have a new suggestions.

Bloom

Make the Bloom option a slider, or at least have varied intensities.

I generally don't like Bloom , but in this game it looks good however sometimes its a bit too much.

This is already in-game I'm blind...

Windowed modes

It would be great if you could choose the kind of display output to be used, Exclusive Fullscreen, Windowed Borderless, Windowed.

Kind of a really specific thing but as someone who records for Youtube that would be great.

FPS lock

Having Vsync is  a good thing, but having an option to limit to specific FPS would be awesome.

Vsync introduces some really heavy input lag, and in this kind of game it ruins the "flow", capping at 90fps for example would alleviate some of the input lag.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice idea, but it sounds quite normal now for most video games but I guess since Nimbatus is still in its very early stage of developpement, this settings haven't been implemented yet ?

Unless a game studio develops its own engine, developers are usually constrained by the customization capabilities of the underyling game engine they use. So any in-depth graphical customization can only be offered (with reasonable effort), if the game engine exposes that setting internally.

To my knowledge, Nimbatus is being developed with the Unity Game Engine (https://unity3d.com/), so most graphic settings are ultimately determined by that engine's capabilities. As far as I know, Unity allows to set the target framerate, but I'm not sure whether that achieves an FPS lock as requested by the OP. At least there might be a way for the devs to implement it.

With regards to the windowed borderless mode, this is indeed supported by Unity, though it can only be enabled via a command line argument called

-window-mode borderless

. To enable borderless mode in the demo, create a shortcut to the Nimbatus.exe and add the arguments to the target field of the shortcut's properties (right click → Properties). Unfortunately, Unity doesn't seem to offer an official way to switch modes while the game is running, so there is little the devs can do about that.