Stray Fawn Community

Natural Disasters/Events

Redknight910

So, what I'm thinking is have events that change the current island either temporarily or permanently. Some disasters could remove or generateA few examples I can think of:

Floods/tsunamis, which could raise the water level, and possibly have a small chance to wash away creatures/nichelings near the shore. Possibly follow the flood with new plants growing in the flooded sections once it's drained back down.

Earthquakes, which can raise and lower tiles, possibly removing food sources or nest sites, while also creating new food sources and sites.

Famines, where bushes grow slower and animals spawn less often. A good reason to store up a lot of food, just in case.

Gales, have a chance to uproot food sources or even move your nichelings around. Could also blow in a random wild nicheling or predator.

I was a little worried at the concept of "natural disasters" (as someone who played Sim City a lot growing up, I have... bad experiences with them in games). But the way you've devised it actually sounds pretty great, so I'm in favor of it!

I played simcity quite a bit too. Nothing quite like a volcano appearing in the middle of your town to shake things up.

I really love this idea!

Adding in natural disasters could force players to take actions they normally wouldn't, allowing them to try new things. Perhaps new genes and flora could also be added to aid animals when something happens.