Stray Fawn Community

Definitely missing a few things.

Lurkily

I've thought, at first, a cascade of impulses only active when the last impulse flipped a switch, could be used to set pre-programmed actions. (Like, set a turret to rotate x seconds).  It doesn't really work, or is more complex than I anticipated.  I suggest a modification to 'impulse'.

When input of X, output of Y for configurable value of seconds.

This could be used to replicate impulse's current behavior, with a little logic, but I almost never need impulse's current behavior.  What I need are delays, clocks sequences.

Hinges.  They need a speed value.  And to function as a real turret, they need a way to modify that value so that instead of herky-jerky wobbling, their speed can smoothly increase and decrease to find a target.  I would like hinges to have an input to increase CW rotation (or decrease CCW), to increase CCW rotation (or decrease CW) , or to reduce rotation, by a configurable amount.  That way a few detectors on a hinge-equipped weapon can turn weapons to focus on an enemy, slow them down, and try to lock them in while focused on the enemy.

Detectors DEFINITELY need, at a minimum, to be able to slightly exceed the range of the longest-ranged weapon.

We also definitely need detectors with an arc.  Line detectors have their uses, but I have a few drones that are PLASTERED with line detectors to provide proper coverage.  It's ridiculous.  We need to either give line detectors a 'degrees' value, (Which can bottom out at zero for a line, or 360 for a circular area (Enemy detector!) )

Hinges need rotation limits, like gravity sensors, to indicated what angle they're turned at.  An upper limit and a lower limit, and an option to generate an output when exceeding either angle.  This way you can create weapons that scan a certain direction for enemies.

Towers need hinge options.  Have the option to fix them as guns (I've mentioned this before) and when fixed, give them all the rotation options that rotating hinges have.  This will make towers useful on all drones, and give them advantages over fixed guns on all builds, autonomous and not.