Stray Fawn Community

Dynamic hinges, explosive separators, and repair/damage suggestions

Lurkily

Make hinges dynamic.  Have an 'activate rotation' key, and a key for increase/decreasing rotation value.  The rotation value will be -100 (Full speed CCW) to 100 (Full speed CW) with zero being stationary.  And if starting/stopping rotation could be more gradual (less of an instant 'jerk' that can shake attached parts) that would be nice.

Damage seems . . . odd.  If I escape without the destruction of a block, I am usually okay, even in later skirmishes.  I almost never see 'the straw that broke the camel's back', a part blowing from minimal damage.  I'm assuming they repair themselves.

My suggestion for damage would be nanite factories.  Require energy AND fuel.  Provide nanite tanks to give the player a supply, but regenerate nanites only via the factories.  One nanite equals one HP healed. (Or however much HP.)  If attached parts are healed, start spreading nanites evenly to parts that are attached to the attached parts.  This way you can control what systems are most directly supported by nanite factories. 

Lastly, if there's nothing to heal, have them rebuild broken blocks.

After all, I have a TNT Missile ship/bomber with TNT MIRV warheads that I'm working on, and it's not going to work out very well if it can only fire each one once.

Oh, and speaking of MIRVs, I'd like a separator that is less . . . passive.  Having 'explosive seperators' that provide a push outward when separating would be great.

Make hinges dynamic.  Have an 'activate rotation' key, and a key for increase/decreasing rotation value.  The rotation value will be -100 (Full speed CCW) to 100 (Full speed CW) with zero being stationary.  And if starting/stopping rotation could be more gradual (less of an instant 'jerk' that can shake attached parts) that would be nice.

yes pls!!!! that would be great <3