Stray Fawn Community

Catch me if you can ! (sumo challenge)

draogon93

Caught!

aQeUAb0.gif

I have crafted an exquisite product, the product of hours of research, preparation, and thought.  I have honed it through endless iterations.  My creation shall dance, it shall weave, it shall bewilder its opponents as it threads the battlefield through the eye of war!  It!  Is!  Gloriou-

Yeah, got it.  four thrusters, one fuel tank, three sensors.  Next?

We need some more sensors so you can detect in which direction you are pushed and fight back :) Maye also an outer wall of the sumo ring to make distance sensors useable for that.

Give the gravity sensor a special-case use so that while in a sumo ring, the center of the ring is considered the center of gravity.  That'll let you use gravity sensors as they currently exist to help control sumobots.

That

We need some more sensors so you can detect in which direction you are pushed and fight back :) Maye also an outer wall of the sumo ring to make distance sensors useable for that.

Give the gravity sensor a special-case use so that while in a sumo ring, the center of the ring is considered the center of gravity.  That'll let you use gravity sensors as they currently exist to help control sumobots.

That is already the case :)

Oh.  That helps. 

Add a directional accelerometer.  Reads your acceleration in the direction of the sensor,  (but not backwards,) and outputs a value if it exceeds a breakpoint.  So if you're being accelerated backwards, you know the enemy's pushing you out.  If you're not accelerating forwards as fast as you expect, you know you're pushing on something.