Stray Fawn Community

Feedback & Suggestions

GrigorisN

Played it, liked it, seen much potential, now i am giving feedback.

(Bug?)For some reason every time i quit, the weapons i sold last time return, making me able to have unlimited resources.

-Graphics are great, for a game like this at least. I dont know it's my pc or not but using 27 shotguns with 10 projectiles each lags the game a bit. (Duh, i guess)

-I feel like the enemy difficulty isnt righteous. Medium Risk planets only add some minor opponents (the ones that explode). This should be harder, a bit at least.

-Motherhive? Nope just a hive. Motherhives, because of the rewards, should be way harder than this. Especially it's minions.

-Lava isn't lava. Lava should be doing at least a little bit of damage to the drone.

Other than that, it's a great game.

Suggestions

-Show weapon upgrades without having to add them on a drone. Also an inventory screen would be nice.

-Limited parts. At the start of the game the player should have only, a few thrusters, a couple of batteries, two large fuel tanks, etc and buy or earn them with rewards.

-A Weapon Editor. In early game start with nothing but a few MGs and after finishing a planet unlock more weapons. After that you can pay to be upgraded (finishing planets would unlock more upgrades, also normal weapons would cost 2,5k, and adding one more random upgrade would cost 2,5k or adding a specific upgrade would cost 5k, or something) or make your own from scratch costing a little bit more money than normal.

-Save planets after leaving. I found a planet with tons of resources and i can abuse it by leaving and re-entering to buy more guns.

-Solar panels charge batteries and having their own capacity is fine. How can a battery charge itself anyway?

-Weapon with two barrels = OnebarrelweaponAttackSpeed x 2 or something along those lines.

-Metals and Minerals. Planet surface should have different resistance against guns.

That's a good point about abuseable resources. I think resources should be somewhat-renewable, though. Perhaps resource regenerates very slowly? It's also quite possible we're thinking a bit too far ahead in the game's progression, though. What even IS the end-game of Nimbatus?

I thought two-barrel weapons were supposed to represent weapons with extra shots.

What even IS the end-game of Nimbatus?

Start of the game is when you make your very first drone. End game is when you can successfully wipe out an entire planet without taking a single hit, meaning you have found somewhat good weapons and you are skilled enough to avoid getting hit, not dodge bullets though, strategically speaking.

I think resources should be somewhat-renewable, though.

How? Please be a bit more detailed with your thought.

I thought two-barrel weapons were supposed to represent weapons with extra shots.

No, not really. I have weapons with one barrel firing two projectiles and one projectile from a dual barreled weapon.

There should be some slow way to replenish resources. Make it slow and inefficient enough that players are still motivated to find new worlds, but provide a way for players to not feel like they're going to make a huge mistake if the buy a certain gun and lose resources they can never gain back.

What even IS the end-game of Nimbatus?

Start of the game( . . .) speaking.

My question was . . . rhetorical, I guess? I meant it to be something to think about for the future. There ISN'T really an end-game, but there also isn't a fun continuous game like in Minecraft. I actually assume that this is something the Dev's definitely plan on addressing, but I also felt like it's a good thing to have in the back of players' minds when giving feedback.

Keep in mind that what we're handling isn't even an alpha, but something serving the purpose of a tech demo.  Expect balance and gameplay goals to arise that aren't currently present.

Not to say you shouldn't have suggestions for both, just not to assume that what you're seeing now is supposed to represent a desired balance or gameplay.

We have alot of plans to improve the gameplay.

The planets itself should each offer an unique challenge and require the players to rebuild their drones.

At the moment you can just build one big drone, slap some weapons on it and defeat every mission.

This will change in the future :) We want to add missions and planets where you need to build a clever drone to be able to defeat it.

We may add some sort of story progression, but in the end the most rewarding part of the game should be the drone building.