Stray Fawn Community

My Suggestions

novastone

Nimbatus is already amazing for how young it is and I have a few things that I think would improve the game.

1. Mining

The current mining system is obviously a work in progress and I can respect if you have already made this change internally, but I believe that the drill should be able to mine resources. of course that would mean that the mining drones become useless. So instead you could simply lock the drill behind an achievement or maybe even some sort of boss that you would need to defeat first.

2. Rotating Parts

The ability to rotate parts in Nimbatus opens up many possibilities for drones, however when rotating parts the corners always clip through nearby parts, making rotating parts nearly impossible on a larger drone. one fix for this is to give parts an octagonal hitbox, or make it so that if something is placed like that then the programming will ignore the collision.

3. Locking Turrets

Whenever you try to make an automated drone, you have to use weapons that fire straight forwards, and any weapon that can turn will not work. This can get annoying and will limit the amount of weapons you can use, the easy fix for this is to add a "Lock" checkbox onto all turreted weapons, this would simply stop them from rotating, allowing them to be used on an autonomous drone.

4. Organization

After you get a weapon from a planet it goes straight into your build menu, but often the weapon you receive is simply inferior to all your other weapons, you could scrap the weapon, but traveling to the scrapyard every time you get a weapon would take way to much work. I propose an option where once you receive a weapon from a planet and the inspection screen comes up, there should be an option to send it to the build inventory and an option to send it to the storage inventory where it can be scrapped at a later time.

5. Three Round Sumo

Currently in the sumo dojos, the best way to win is to create highly specialized bots that will win against only the opponent you are fighting, this is not a very fun system. If the dojo had three rounds of sumo it would force bots to be more generalized and make it a lot harder, this system would also allow  different rewards for defeating each round