Stray Fawn Community

FeedBack on Nimbatus

Deleteduser

I have found and played your game for a few days and for an alpha phase demo it is very good and shows much Promise.

The building of drones is fun and creative and provide almost unlimited entertainment in itself, the combat at this time is basic and quite boring(I understand that it is in Alpha and that it is probably in the works of making it better) i Enjoy the art style as it is simple yet effective.

I have only ran into 1 problem in my playthroughs and that is that there a usually frame rate crashes most of them happening in the galaxy map when hardly anything is loaded. I don'tif its just the code or if several of the planets are still loaded in the background.

At its current phase Nimbatus only holds my attention for about 2 hours as ( i know its still in Alpha and a demo) as there is currently no real progression and challenge. Ive only played this demo for a short time so i'm probaby getting a few or all things wrong here. Some improvements or gameplay choices that i can think of at this time are:

. Multiple drone brains that limit the amount of weapons or systems that you can use. this will add som kind of progression aswell as a challenge, by limiting the amount of weapons to place on your drone with the ability to upgrade or complete an objective for a better drone brain/core that would allow more weapons to be added create a progression system, also you could make some of the drone cores to have certain strengths and weaknesses like one may be able to have more weapons but may limit shield capacity or thruster functions meaning the drone would be better in low grav situations.

. More enemies and unique enemies that would be weaker to specific types of ammo like plasma,EMP and BIO along with these different and unique enemies being in factions which could simply be added to the map a simple line in green the circles a patch of planets could tell the player that there is a specific faction that has specific enemies that would be more vulnerable to a specific type of ammunition.

. A survival element would also suite this game like the ability to mine important materials in order to jump to another planet aswell as to sell as an alternative to selling weapons obviously at a far lesser cost than the weapons. the Ability to upgrade the main ship could be nice and for it to have a role like provide a orbital missile strike at a selected target that you choose whilst fighting an enemy could an interesting approach as you would have to decide whether to use the ability or save it for later

this game is fun and i look forward to seeing it fully on steam as this is a game built for the steam workshop i will continue to play Nimbatus and i hope it gets updated and released fully soon. 

Thank you for making a game like this that isn't as resource demanding like similar games in the genre.

PS: sorry if i get anything wrong about the game and if i accidently offended anyone i am sorry but i really like the game.