Stray Fawn Community

Don't Starve

Sky

It's on sale for $2.49 on the Steam store so I bought it. There's a high chance I'll end up refunding it, of course, but I'll be trying it out :)

Feel free to talk about the game here if you want!

5 hours ago, Lilyturf said:

I have the multiplayer version

I thought about getting DST, but apparently it's harder to play in Singeplayer. If I like DS, one day I might get DST when it's on sale again.

• Like 1

ooo I quite like the game, I think you will too. although, I never play multiplayer 'cause its too much of a hassle to download mods on both versions.

also sky, your profile picture is cursed and I love it 

• Eek! 1

I'm somewhere past day 10 (maybe day 15 or so?) and Wilson said "Did you hear that?" and now I'm hearing stomping noises. It scared me and I saved and quit. Can anyone tell me what it is so I can be prepared (as in, not be as scared when I open the game again)?

I think that is the hounds?

They come usually around day 9-10.

*searches on wiki*

They have 150 health and do 20 damage.

I recommend trying to outrun the hounds if you don't have a good enough weapon, or lead them to pigs.

Another thing you can do is lead them to tallbirds, and if a hound ends up biting the bird, they will fight each other. I think beefalo will do it too.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Hound

2 hours ago, Tigerlily_On_Niche said:

I think that is the hounds?

They come usually around day 9-10.

*searches on wiki*

They have 150 health and do 20 damage.

I recommend trying to outrun the hounds if you don't have a good enough weapon, or lead them to pigs.

Another thing you can do is lead them to tallbirds, and if a hound ends up biting the bird, they will fight each other. I think beefalo will do it too.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Hound

Thank you! I ran as fast as I could over to the only herd of Beefalo I've found (no tallbirds or pigs found yet). Right as I got there, it turned night, and I have no light, and the hounds came. AHHHHHHHH

Just now, Sky said:

Thank you! I ran as fast as I could over to the only herd of Beefalo I've found (no tallbirds or pigs found yet). Right as I got there, it turned night, and I have no light, and the hounds came. AHHHHHHHH

AAAAAA

do u have a torch?

dst also has single player, but anyways always start in fall, it is the easiest  season, if a beefalo has a red butt(check before getting close) then it will attack you no matter what, killer bees also kill hounds but not regular bees, killer bees attack anything in sight if it is not aggro onto you,  make hound traps after  killing the hounds, then just run through them and the hounds get hurt, (don't make hound trap on your first wave, do it after)if you're fighting a boss(you have to in order to survive) then try kiting, where you hit the enemy, run back as to not get hit by the attack, then hit the enemy and repeat, some enemies let you get multiple hits in before you have to run but if you mess up the kiting then make sure to have armor, also come winter you will  have fought off many waves of hounds and your first boss will be coming up,  there will also be coldness to deal with,  so shave beefalo by at night going to the beefalo with a torch and razor and make a campfire, then switch to the razor and shave the beefalo, then run and don't forget to make a winter hat and a thermal stone before winter,.

if you want more advice just go to the beard 777's channel, thats where I learned these tips and tricks(exept the hound one, I figured that out on my own.

you can use red bees/killer bees to kill anything, just get the mob you want to kill following you and get the red bees out, the red bees come from killer bee hives and then have the red bees follow you to the mob you want to kill and get the heck outa there,if the bees are still following you then bring them back to the mob, if said mob is already dead then run and once the bees deaggro then take the loot and continue from there.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, Akirameta said:

ooo I quite like the game, I think you will too. although, I never play multiplayer 'cause its too much of a hassle to download mods on both versions.

also sky, your profile picture is cursed and I love it 

I could make a server with all those mods if you you tell me what mods you have

On 6/23/2020 at 12:29 AM, Sky said:

I made my dad play it. I helped him for 1 1/2 days. 2 mins after I left him he died because it turned night and he couldn't set up a campfire quick enough

i mean-

this is sorta funny

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1