Stray Fawn Community

Kat's art dump/homethread

Katumai

refs for a couple of main characters from my warriors story

if you recognize their names/designs at all i very much applaud you (they've showed up in one thread here on the forums like a year or two ago)

image.thumb.png.33f312fff3bc84f99d68fcbc658d4a9e.png

image.thumb.png.8ee5baa02ad3164ab01682d077f44ef0.png

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Katumai said:

if you recognize their names/designs at all i very much applaud you (they've showed up in one thread here on the forums like a year or two ago)

OMG CAN I STEAL BUBBLEPAW

Also these are so good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katumai said:

Just a bit homosexual. Just a little bit.

• Like 1

ahaha so funny story um 

*drops my stupid anime sketches all over the floor*

ive been rewatching/rereading mha recently

image.thumb.png.1d21ae04358fd3b2497d6dac3457855f.png

this is what i was up all night doing i have a lot in my brain

only two of them are ship art this time lets gooo (technically three because i had a ship in mind while drawing another one but shhh sh)

anyway uhh in order ig:

Tododeku because i just. have a little bit of a soft spot for them maybe

Kurogiri and tiny Shigaraki because tiny Shigaraki is one of the only children i will ever care about

Togachako because,,,theyre fun?? idk man theres SOMETHING going on there have you SEEN that official art 

Hawks and Dabi,,not specifically ship art but yknow what i like them a lot i think theyre funny (besides the one incident. you know what im talking about) (also welcome to episode 33 of kat cant draw fire)

Tokoyami because my taste in characters is predictable

and Bakugou because he pisses me off hes such a little jerk i wanna fling him across the room [affectionate]

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

more sketches except it was me watching mha and thinking "huh my ships have barely changed since like 2017" and i think thats kinda funny

image.thumb.png.b2495a14aa9c535ec9c86f0f6b26b20f.png

ive got more ships than this obviously (im a multishipper man) but i can only so much on one canvas

you've got uhh

Tododeku. again (based on a fanfic i read and thought was sweet)

Tsuchako- I just. like them a lot, they deserve nice things and i love them both very much (*insert me complaining about Tokotsuyu here*)

Double whammy, Monoshin/Shinkami-i just think that the fact that Shinsou is a magnet for loud annoying blondes is funny (like the MOMENT i saw this man interact with Monoma i was like "this is a 10/10 dynamic")

Momojirou!!! The girls!! One of my first ships, well, EVER actually (i didnt really get into shipping until i was like 13/14) theyre just. so good. i love them so much man (and theyre pretty sus like LOOK AT THEM) idk man it might partially be because im not a big fan of their 'designated hetero ships' (i actually have soft spot for Kamijirou even if i prefer them as friends, but im definitely not into Todomomo-i just. dont see it. its because theyre both rich isnt it)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"Here's the thing, I can't do anything right

Try as I absolutely, totally might-"

"And I'm not your protagonist,

I'm not even my own."

image.thumb.png.7f232fdfd6e05a7c3e236bfe2c9e2005.png

ngl dont really like how this came out

i havent drawn an actual full art piece since like,, *checks calendar* uhh APRIL so that probably explains it and my absolute inability to draw a good background

anyways KOMARU!!! 2nd best danganronpa protag hands down (obviously Shuichi is the first)

as much of a trainwreck as UDG was, i liked Komaru and Toko a lot, they made me actually interested in the damn game

the whole 'normal average girl is suddenly tasked with something super important' archetype is definitely common and nothing new, but i still love Komaru for what she is and what she had to go through

spoilers ahead real quick

--------------

like this POOR GIRL man

shes kidnapped and trapped in some random place for like a year and only gets out because the world is literally ending, only to then be tasked with saving the entire damn city (this is a teenager man) 

she almost died so many times its not even funny

but putting all that aside for now, a lot of what interested me about her was her internal struggles

Basically, she struggles with feeling inadequate. Living in the shadow of her older brother who is hailed as a 'hero' and 'symbol of hope' who defeated the embodiment of despair obviously makes her feel some things. She says it herself over and over again, she's just a normal girl, she could never even hope to compare to any of the characters before her. She thinks Toko could have been just fine saving the city by herself-she doesn't see a reason to even be around.

So obviously she's confused when she gets dragged into this whole mess and is suddenly faced with fighting a bunch of traumatized children, who it turns out are doing what they do because they think it will make things better, and that no kid will ever be hurt again. I think we'd all have some conflicting feelings there.

The feeling that she could never compare to her brother and be anything more than a normal girl and his 'annoying little sister' also ties back the fact that she doesn't feel like she has any friends. Hell, even Toko, who she went through with, hardly acknowledges her as a friend (obviously thats just Toko stuff but thats or another day) and at the end of the day, she's let feeling kind of...empty. She saved the city, yeah, but it could have easily been done without her. She just happened to be in the right place at the right time. So really, what was the point? If everything is the same as it was before, then what was the point? She had a friend, she got to go back home, but what else really changed?

and THATS why i kin her because the sheer melancholy i feel when i think about her story is very tasty and relatable 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

running out of games to play (at least ones that i can afford) so i finally decided to give Genshin a try

its. certainly a game thats for sure

the more i played the more i just went "what the hell is this"

like youve got an ex god turned,,gold digger?? sugar baby??, some guy whos got so much bloodlust its unnerving, someone who looks like 15 but can legally drink alcohol (hes gotta get some help that cant be healthy someone send this guy to alcoholics anonymous), a. funeral director?? a LAWYER?? THEYVE GOT LAWYERS IN THIS FANTASY GAME?? 

AND THATS NOT EVEN MENTIONING LISA LIKE 😳 MAAM

uhh putting all that aside here is some art that encapsulates my feelings while playing pretty well 👍

image.thumb.png.28dd463ba0a03d2f73e784eced4ce10a.png

im so funny i know

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

omg is that Snowdove from the hit rp time and spa [gets sucked into a blackhole]

anyways here she is!! as big and fluffy and angsty as ever

i tried to give her more of a colorpointed look than just a 'white and gray raccoon' look so shes got some stripes now

i dont remember a single time she hasnt had her emo hair. its a staple of her character

snowdove.png

• Love 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 1:21 AM, Katumai said:

omg is that Snowdove from the hit rp time and spa [gets sucked into a blackhole]

anyways here she is!! as big and fluffy and angsty as ever

i tried to give her more of a colorpointed look than just a 'white and gray raccoon' look so shes got some stripes now

i dont remember a single time she hasnt had her emo hair. its a staple of her character

snowdove.png

SNOWDOVE <333 emo hair is so her 😍😍

• Like 1

forgot to post this for a good month 💀

uhhh anyways Telltale's the walking dead is the best game to ever exist and i dont take criticism on that

no game has managed to rip my heart out and put it through a woodchipper as much as this one (besides Danganronpa. danganronpa is somehow always an exception)

i miss this man

image.thumb.png.cdc857979a2bc2d1975ac966784cd802.png

• Love 2

On 7/20/2022 at 6:46 AM, Katumai said:

someone who looks like 15 but can legally drink alcohol (hes gotta get some help that cant be healthy someone send this guy to alcoholics anonymous)

you forgot the part where hes actually a god (sorry i just scrolled up and saw thisl mao

• 2 weeks later...