Stray Fawn Community

Kat's art dump/homethread

Katumai

• 3 weeks later...

feeling nostalgic and considering making a warriors sim (that i actually continue with this time 💀) so if anyone wants that i'll make the topic

it would also be a good opportunity to test some stuff for my story so yknow

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2
  • Paw up 1

12 hours ago, Katumai said:

feeling nostalgic and considering making a warriors sim (that i actually continue with this time 💀) so if anyone wants that i'll make the topic

PLS 🙏🙏

15 hours ago, Katumai said:

2 hours ago, flower -she-he- said:

PLS 🙏🙏

You asked for it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heres some sketches for things i may or may not finish because i am just dragging myself through life at this point

(congrats if you know who these three are even without color, you get a single red skittle)

uygihoj.thumb.png.593a4db787e5f875d87c037969dfd9af.png

kirukaede.png-autosave.thumb.png.4759462c4e2eb73c1e72869564a25119.png

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Katumai said:

heres some sketches for things i may or may not finish because i am just dragging myself through life at this point

(congrats if you know who these three are even without color, you get a single red skittle)

uygihoj.thumb.png.593a4db787e5f875d87c037969dfd9af.png

kirukaede.png-autosave.thumb.png.4759462c4e2eb73c1e72869564a25119.png

The middle one is Icepool, right one is Foxtuft, left one is Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

"You've ruined the color blue for me

I'm surrounded by a deep dark sea

You've lied to us, and honestly-

YOU'VE RUINED THE COLOR BLUE FOR ME!"

image.thumb.png.ebcb05ec9d855ee58f5c77f83b7e3a7a.png

"Even if this is all fiction, even if we're all fictional-the pain in my heart is real! The sadness I feel when I lose the people I love is real!"

----------------

drv3 color palettes are weird man

anyway uhhh first completely finished piece on my new tablet lets goo

this took me like 2 days and i couldnt get the background to look right so i just took screenshots from the actual game

not much else to say about the actual art so

(Spoilers for like all of the danganronpa games below)

I think people tend to overlook just how absolutely traumatized Shuichi is. like, imagine this:

You wake up in some abandoned school in the middle of nowhere, scared out of your mind. A girl keeps you company and says she'll keep you safe, and you explore together. She's the only one you feel you can trust out of all the people there, and even when you find out you're in an actual killing game, she says she wont let anything happen to you, or anyone for that matter.

You two almost catch the mastermind, but it turns out the guy who died was completely innocent, and you slowly realize that the girl, your friend, the only one you trusted and fought to keep you safe-is the murderer. And now it's up to you to bring it to light, but even then, as she says her goodbyes, she doesnt blame you. She wanted you to figure it out, and now youre tasked with the promise of keeping everyone safe. And then she's executed, right before your eyes.

Slowly, more people die. Your friends, people you trusted-and youre the one who has to keep sentencing them to to their demise, or else everyone is doomed. Over. And over. And over again. 

And when theres only five of you left, and the one you thought was behind everything is dead and gone, you discover-it's all been a lie. One of your four remaining friends, someone you loved and trusted and thought was completely innocent-is the mastermind. The one who orchestrated everything, the one who got so many of your friends killed-and she didn't care a bit about you. It was all an act. And you cant take it anymore.

Only with the strength of your two remaining friends are you able to move forward-the last two people you love and know you can trust. The last two alive, while everyone else is dead-and for what? A sick game made for the amusement of others? Were you really just...fictional this whole time? Someone created for the sole purpose of filling the role you were assigned? Someone destined to watch your friends kill and be killed over and over again?

There's a light-you and your friends are alive, but is it worth it to move forward? Is there even a future out there for all of you?

Who knows.

----

yeah. that

sorry for how long that all was but i needed it to really explain what im about to say-

The protagonists suffer a disproportional amount in these games, and its never really how shown how it affects them all that much

Makoto doesnt really show signs of everlasting consequences on his mental health except for like, one line in the game and that one scene where he hallucinates in the anime

Hajime is...an odd case? It could be argued he's not all that affected by what happened, considering his friends are all alive and well, it turns out-but theres certainly damage in the form of Izuru, I would say

Komaru is weird in this aspect-she didnt experience the same thing as the others, but she absolutely went through some horrifying stuff, from being imprisoned in isolation for a year to being forced to fight literal children traumatized to the point of losing themselves. Shes arguably almost died more times than anyone else, and she had a big weight on her shoulders-i could write a whole essay about Komaru and udg in general, but thats for another day

Kaede didnt really live long enough to see the horrors of the killing game, and even participated unknowingly-she didnt get the chance to internalize all of it

The difference between the others and Shuichi; they all got to move on. They overcame the trauma and the torment, and they made something of themselves. They achieved success and happiness despite it all.

Shuichi...never really got that-or if he did, we didnt see it. Hell, he was ready to die along with his friends until they came up alive. But we never really see past the point where they leave. Theres no resolution, we dont know whats waiting for them, if anything. We dont get to see the affects of the horrors they faced. Theres really no telling if they ever got the happiness they wanted and deserved.

Before that point though, Shuichi is...definitely not doing good. He was an absolute wreck when Kaede died and a while after-and understandably so. Losing someone you love and trust that early is hard, even if it did give him the push he needed to be a bit more assertive. 

Seeing so many of your friends die, even the ones who killed others themselves, is damaging to anyone. You never get rid of that guilt-he carried the weight of the fact he practically sentenced them to their deaths. That he sentenced two of his closest friends to their deaths.

He's reminded again and again that-yeah, his friends are dead. It's everywhere he turns, and the game never seems to let him forget that. 

I'd say that finding out about Tsumugi was just the breaking point for him-like let the poor boy lose his crap every once in a while, he deserves it-and especially the line "Even if we're all fictional, the pain in my heart is real! The sadness I feel when I lose the people I love is real!" hit me HARD

anyway Shuichi is my absolute favorite character (just behind Sonia) and i wish more people would appreciate him and realize just how absolutely tragic he is

also he has really nice eyelashes like damn

im kat katumai and this concludes my drv3 talk

one last thing uhhh i actually really enjoy the whole 'draw some art and then write an entire essay on the concept of it' thing so im gonna do that more k bye

• Love 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 2:25 PM, Katumai said:

lesbians, the sequel

Untitled653_20210512122041.png?width=816&height=612

naoreko is a quality ship and no im not taking criticism

anyway my lesbian wisdom for today is: play yttd its really good. its basically danganronpa but its free and even more confusing and dark so if youre into that then just. play it

You are my favorite person on here now :D

• Like 1

"Still, it cried 'Sleep no more!' to all the house: 'Glamis hath murder'd sleep, and therefore Cawdor shall sleep no more; Macbeth shall sleep no more.' "

---

"My hands are of your color, but I shame to wear a heart so white."

image.thumb.png.40fbc337b51d25d8be5a3b0f1b4f56e9.png

part of my english project, currently speedrunning the rest

never really drawn either of these animals so they probably look kinda jank oops

anyway uhh lady macbeth my beloved haslight gatekeep girlboss best role i've ever played

• Eek! 1

• 4 weeks later...

"I'll let you in on a secret,

this is my favorite song."

image.thumb.png.2bcecb9814e0a38e870b7a30d577496e.png

mmm the brainrot continues

uhh so this kinda relates to my art a few posts up that i never explained- in the sense that theyre fanart for the same game

what game, you ask? welll only the like third best game ever (in my ever so humble opinion)

it's called 'The Path' by Tale of Tales, it came out in 2009 and i found it a year later in 2010. Back then i wasnt old enough to really grasp what the game was all about (I was only 7-ish) but even as a kid i enjoyed slower paced just as much as ones full of action, and boy if this is...slow paced

it's more relaxed than stuff like telltale games and such, but the atmosphere is beautiful, and every bit of dialogue holds weight, i cant give it the justice it deserves just in text so i really suggest just watching some bits of the game on youtube and you'll see what i mean

it really is a beautiful game (if youre into games that involve more walking and clicking on things while eerie music plays than anything) and i suggest playing it or watching a playthrough, but if you dont want to do that but are still interested, definitely watch Izzyzzz video on the game

just know it contains some sensitive subjects and themes (near death experiences, injury, neglect, gr**ming and ***ual assault) and it is a psychological horror game

but enough of the game itself, onto the actual topic of the art

-----------------

Ruby. My favorite character ever since I first played the game. As a kid, it was mostly because I had a weird fascination with creepy things and Ruby is the typical goth teenager character out of the six. But now, as an adult, it's for uh. pretty different reasons

Out of every character I really do relate to her the most. She's a lost, depressed 15 year old with no self preservation or hint of care towards herself or her own life. 

Something that's been pointed out before is that despite having a leg brace and limp, she runs the fastest of all the characters-which, if you go the route of interpreting the path as 'the path of life' then...yeahhh you see where I'm going with this. She's reckless, just not really in the same way a lot of teenagers are, going out and partying and breaking the law and such. She's reckless in the sense that if she has the opportunity to shorten her life, she'll take it. (smoking, riding in cars driving stupid high speeds, etc)

It's easy to mistake her for the stereotypical goth kid due to her clothes and way of talking, but really she's a genuinely depressed child. Her character intrigues me because while what happened to her is one of the easier ones to decipher, it's also one of the more ambiguous ones, if that makes any sense. How I interpreted it was that she met someone (an older guy, probably college student-gonna call him CW because 'Charming Wolf' is a pain to type) that saw her as an easy target, and she, a depressed child, was susceptible to manipulation. She got in a car accident while with this guy and broke her leg, which is why she has her leg brace.

It's just...sadder to me than the other characters, both for personal reasons and because you can tell she still isn't happy. With the other characters, the way they talk and how they interact with the world seems to be a mix of themselves both before and after their respective incidents, but with Ruby, she's just,,sad. Even before what happened to her, she was sad, and afterwards, still sad, maybe more damaged than before. As far anyone playing the game is able to see, she didn't properly recover. (Only exception to all this is Scarlet, but thats a different topic)

Point is this game i awesome, Ruby is awesome, and if i cant find any damn fanfiction for this game i'll just write it myself watch me

-----------

also for context the last art piece i did for this game is about Robin, Ruby's little sister, but im not explaining it goodbye

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

merry christmas heres some refs

if you remember Quartz at all theyre an smp character of mine, and Brimstone is uhhh,,,their really shady and lowkey toxic prince bf who. died 🤩

anyway im remaking my old 'Me and my husband' pmv so these are refs for that

i liked drawing Brimstone's eyelashes- eyelashes are fun to play with

image.thumb.png.81cceeb6b35db11c91648ee4c08910b5.png

image.thumb.png.80f19678365475a828b2469345094b1c.png

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Katumai said:

merry christmas heres some refs

if you remember Quartz at all theyre an smp character of mine, and Brimstone is uhhh,,,their really shady and lowkey toxic prince bf who. died 🤩

anyway im remaking my old 'Me and my husband' pmv so these are refs for that

i liked drawing Brimstone's eyelashes- eyelashes are fun to play with

image.thumb.png.81cceeb6b35db11c91648ee4c08910b5.png

image.thumb.png.80f19678365475a828b2469345094b1c.png

just realized i never put Quartz' little frill things i am so stupid how did i JUST notice they are literally an AXOLOTL