Stray Fawn Community

Kat's art dump/homethread

Katumai

I have nowhere else to say this so I'll just put it here-

I have a deep love of character analysis and if you give me enough backstory (which doesn't even have to be all that much) I can usually find a way to pick apart the reason a character does even the most horrible or nonsensical thing.

I have a habit of just IMMEDIATELY running through all the reasons in my head everytime a character does something bad or unreasonable-and it frustrates me to no damn end whenever people don't bother to look at the bigger picture and immediately write off a character as bad and start hating them. I can acknowledge it's probably just my anger issues though, since a lot of people don't think as deeply about this stuff as I do.

For this reason it's hard for me to genuinely hate a character, as I can almost ALWAYS find some sort of reason for them doing what they did. People think differently, and what you may find horrible someone else may not see a problem with. It's just how people-and characters-work. It's not really fair to just write a character off as a jerk and nothing else (*cough* Fuyuhiko *coUGh*)

But then there's also the stuff that even I can't find a justifiable reason for-or even a reason, really... (Like Kazuichi's downright creepy and borderline obsessive behavior-ew)

Even in movies and stuff where the characters are pretty shallow, I can almost always find a damn reason for what they did wrong (The Final Destination movies are a great example of this-I love those movies to death, and while the characters ARE pretty one-dimensional for the most part, I can usually give a more in depth explanation of a character's personality even if they're a piece of cardboard) (Keyword: Usually. Nick is a lost cause. I disowned him a long time ago. He isn't welcome here)

I usually hate a character when I can't understand them or the things they do. Because if I just can't find even a scrap of motive for their actions, I toss them in the trash pile and my brain immediately goes 'ew, bad boring character'

Anyway, if you read this, thanks. I know this is kinda weird nguudjgtsf7

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, Katumai said:

I have nowhere else to say this so I'll just put it here-

I have a deep love of character analysis and if you give me enough backstory (which doesn't even have to be all that much) I can usually find a way to pick apart the reason a character does even the most horrible or nonsensical thing.

I have a habit of just IMMEDIATELY running through all the reasons in my head everytime a character does something bad or unreasonable-and it frustrates me to no damn end whenever people don't bother to look at the bigger picture and immediately write off a character as bad and start hating them. I can acknowledge it's probably just my anger issues though, since a lot of people don't think as deeply about this stuff as I do.

For this reason it's hard for me to genuinely hate a character, as I can almost ALWAYS find some sort of reason for them doing what they did. People think differently, and what you may find horrible someone else may not see a problem with. It's just how people-and characters-work. It's not really fair to just write a character off as a jerk and nothing else (*cough* Fuyuhiko *coUGh*)

But then there's also the stuff that even I can't find a justifiable reason for-or even a reason, really... (Like Kazuichi's downright creepy and borderline obsessive behavior-ew)

Even in movies and stuff where the characters are pretty shallow, I can almost always find a damn reason for what they did wrong (The Final Destination movies are a great example of this-I love those movies to death, and while the characters ARE pretty one-dimensional for the most part, I can usually give a more in depth explanation of a character's personality even if they're a piece of cardboard) (Keyword: Usually. Nick is a lost cause. I disowned him a long time ago. He isn't welcome here)

I usually hate a character when I can't understand them or the things they do. Because if I just can't find even a scrap of motive for their actions, I toss them in the trash pile and my brain immediately goes 'ew, bad boring character'

Anyway, if you read this, thanks. I know this is kinda weird nguudjgtsf7

Not weird at all. Well at least not for me since I agree with what you said. Although I'm not to clear on the characters you mentioned since my sibling is more of the danganronpa fan so I just learn things second hand from them. I enjoy a good villain like I've said before.

I don't know if you have watched FATE/NIGHT but Gilgamesh is the best for me even if he's kinda a big A.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FawnCat said:

Not weird at all. Well at least not for me since I agree with what you said. Although I'm not to clear on the characters you mentioned since my sibling is more of the danganronpa fan so I just learn things second hand from them. I enjoy a good villain like I've said before.

I don't know if you have watched FATE/NIGHT but Gilgamesh is the best for me even if he's kinda a big A.

Glad someone understands since its super frustrating lol

As for the Danganronpa characters I mentioned:

Fuyuhiko was a HUGE jerk at the beginning of the game and even said he didn't mind sacrificing everyone last one of them so he could survive. (Spoilers if you actually wanna play the game or watch a playthrough of it) He calmed down considerably after his crush got executed though, and he tried to redeem himself and became a much better person.

As for Kazuichi-there's this one character Sonia (best girl) who's a real, legitimate princess, and he IMMEDIATELY starts crushing on her. Seems harmless at first. Then he started getting really possessive and kinda stalkerish? He started accusing one of the other people of 'brainwashing' her when she started hanging out with him and it was REALLY weird-one of the only characters I even come close to hating.

(Oops sorry for the rant-)

And I haven't seen that, but maybe I'll watch it if I can find it since I'm bored out of my mind lately

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

11 hours ago, Katumai said:

Glad someone understands since its super frustrating lol

As for the Danganronpa characters I mentioned:

Fuyuhiko was a HUGE jerk at the beginning of the game and even said he didn't mind sacrificing everyone last one of them so he could survive. (Spoilers if you actually wanna play the game or watch a playthrough of it) He calmed down considerably after his crush got executed though, and he tried to redeem himself and became a much better person.

As for Kazuichi-there's this one character Sonia (best girl) who's a real, legitimate princess, and he IMMEDIATELY starts crushing on her. Seems harmless at first. Then he started getting really possessive and kinda stalkerish? He started accusing one of the other people of 'brainwashing' her when she started hanging out with him and it was REALLY weird-one of the only characters I even come close to hating.

(Oops sorry for the rant-)

And I haven't seen that, but maybe I'll watch it if I can find it since I'm bored out of my mind lately

100% agreed on the frustrating thing. Even more so when I read someone's take on a character I love despite their ways. I always try to understand the other peoples side but it does work on my nerves when they keep telling me I'm wrong or I can't like a 'bad' character cause they're not meant to be liked.

Don't know if I'll play it. I was tempted to get it when it was on sale last month but I already know about some things that are going to happen and how to get the 'good' ending. I don't know if my brain will let me enjoy it fully because of that. But who knows maybe someday.

(I like it when people rant, then I don't feel so bad when I do the same)

Well be forewarned it can be kinda messy getting into Fate series. I love it but at times even I'm unsure of the timeline.

My beautiful girl. The light of my life. One of the only good things to come out of this horrible world. I would commit any crime for you-

Untitled428_20210112050546.thumb.png.38ed37eecaaedb2380c93a91e79bca6d.png

I've probably made this apparent before, but GOD I LOVE SONIA TO DEATH

She's my biggest comfort character and one of my DR kins, and honestly just hearing her voice makes all the anger or frustration or sadness in my body just m e l t a w a y

She means so much to me, even if she's just a fictional character. I have no idea what I would do if something happened to her jgydtsig

Alright, now that im done gushing, ready for an essay?

(BIG Spoilers for SDR2. Seriously.))

I think Sonia is a severely underrated character. Most either write her off as one-dimensional or don't really acknowledge her, which is honestly disappointing.

At first she might seem kinda basic and boring. Always happy (usually-), upbeat, tries to keep the peace, etc. She comes off as kinda dumb and not completely grasping the danger she's in.

THAT couldn't be farther from the truth.

I first started noticing some interesting stuff about her character in chapter 2 (mostly a bit before, during and after the trial). Apparently she knows a ton of different languages and has a fascination with dark and twisted things like serial killers. Interesting.

So there's one point as to why shes far from stupid. 

The thing that really started to make me think though-was that small amount of time between the end of the 2nd trial and Peko's execution. After Peko told everyone that they had made the wrong decision and they were all going to die (im not getting into that right now), Sonia seemed deeply hurt and questioned if all the time they spent together was fake and she never cared about her in the first place.

This was really interesting to me, since she dropped her whole 'always happy' thing and showed of a truly vulnerable emotion. She'd been sad about the deaths and stuff before, sure, but this was the first one that really seemed to affect her. Like, she was literally getting excited about if a famous serial killer was on the island right in front of Mahiru's dead body-I don't think she was too torn up about that one.

A similar thing also happened in chapter 3 during the same little time frame between the 3rd trial and Mikan's execution. Yet again, Sonia is faced with the reality that one of her friends that she spent so time with was never really her friend, and didn't care for her much. 

And then we get to chapter 4-the REAL stuff-

Gundham. 

Something about their friendship was SUPER intriguing and entertaining to me. Pretty much everyone else thought Gundham was a complete nutjob and seemed pretty tired with him more than anything. Sonia, however, completely bought into his eccentricity and played along. 

Just how they talk with each other puts a smile on my face. She starts talking like him when they're interacting and she gets super excited when he calls her a demon (which coming from Gundham is a compliment), they're both super interested in the occult and he literally says he'll take her to an amusement park in Hell i ngugd57f6fufis7g4s (and thats not even mentioning the nicknames-)

Also anything that makes Kazuichi upset makes me happy so this is even better than before

And finally-Gundham's execution. This one arguably hit her the hardest. Just the way she tried to deny the fact that he committed the murder and desperately argued that he didn't do it for himself but did it to save everyone breaks my heart everytime.

And after the execution, she puts on a smile and says that they have to keep living. But you can tell she's not okay. 

She brings up this moral of never giving up on life over and over again after that, since that's what Gundham said before his execution. When she says it in the ruin and Kazuichi mentions that only Gundham said that at tHE WORST TIME POSSIBLE, Sonia walks off crying as her whole unaffected and happy exterior starts to crack.

I'm not actually finished with the game yet and my fingers hurt so even though i could type for days i wont-but I'm pretty sure Chiaki's execution isnt going to help her much, considering they were pretty close too (and from what ive heard-yet AGAIN, she'll be faced with a situation of someone she thought was her friend never actually feeling anything for her)

Annnddd that concludes my essay on why Sonia Nevermind is best girl and you will have to pry Sondam put of my cold, dead hands

Also it's 6am and im really tired

If you got this far, Im so sorry i made you read all that-

• Eek! 1
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, Katumai said:

My beautiful girl. The light of my life. One of the only good things to come out of this horrible world. I would commit any crime for you-

Untitled428_20210112050546.thumb.png.38ed37eecaaedb2380c93a91e79bca6d.png

I've probably made this apparent before, but GOD I LOVE SONIA TO DEATH

She's my biggest comfort character and one of my DR kins, and honestly just hearing her voice makes all the anger or frustration or sadness in my body just m e l t a w a y

She means so much to me, even if she's just a fictional character. I have no idea what I would do if something happened to her jgydtsig

Alright, now that im done gushing, ready for an essay?

(BIG Spoilers for SDR2. Seriously.))

I think Sonia is a severely underrated character. Most either write her off as one-dimensional or don't really acknowledge her, which is honestly disappointing.

At first she might seem kinda basic and boring. Always happy (usually-), upbeat, tries to keep the peace, etc. She comes off as kinda dumb and not completely grasping the danger she's in.

THAT couldn't be farther from the truth.

I first started noticing some interesting stuff about her character in chapter 2 (mostly a bit before, during and after the trial). Apparently she knows a ton of different languages and has a fascination with dark and twisted things like serial killers. Interesting.

So there's one point as to why shes far from stupid. 

The thing that really started to make me think though-was that small amount of time between the end of the 2nd trial and Peko's execution. After Peko told everyone that they had made the wrong decision and they were all going to die (im not getting into that right now), Sonia seemed deeply hurt and questioned if all the time they spent together was fake and she never cared about her in the first place.

This was really interesting to me, since she dropped her whole 'always happy' thing and showed of a truly vulnerable emotion. She'd been sad about the deaths and stuff before, sure, but this was the first one that really seemed to affect her. Like, she was literally getting excited about if a famous serial killer was on the island right in front of Mahiru's dead body-I don't think she was too torn up about that one.

A similar thing also happened in chapter 3 during the same little time frame between the 3rd trial and Mikan's execution. Yet again, Sonia is faced with the reality that one of her friends that she spent so time with was never really her friend, and didn't care for her much. 

And then we get to chapter 4-the REAL stuff-

Gundham. 

Something about their friendship was SUPER intriguing and entertaining to me. Pretty much everyone else thought Gundham was a complete nutjob and seemed pretty tired with him more than anything. Sonia, however, completely bought into his eccentricity and played along. 

Just how they talk with each other puts a smile on my face. She starts talking like him when they're interacting and she gets super excited when he calls her a demon (which coming from Gundham is a compliment), they're both super interested in the occult and he literally says he'll take her to an amusement park in Hell i ngugd57f6fufis7g4s (and thats not even mentioning the nicknames-)

Also anything that makes Kazuichi upset makes me happy so this is even better than before

And finally-Gundham's execution. This one arguably hit her the hardest. Just the way she tried to deny the fact that he committed the murder and desperately argued that he didn't do it for himself but did it to save everyone breaks my heart everytime.

And after the execution, she puts on a smile and says that they have to keep living. But you can tell she's not okay. 

She brings up this moral of never giving up on life over and over again after that, since that's what Gundham said before his execution. When she says it in the ruin and Kazuichi mentions that only Gundham said that at tHE WORST TIME POSSIBLE, Sonia walks off crying as her whole unaffected and happy exterior starts to crack.

I'm not actually finished with the game yet and my fingers hurt so even though i could type for days i wont-but I'm pretty sure Chiaki's execution isnt going to help her much, considering they were pretty close too (and from what ive heard-yet AGAIN, she'll be faced with a situation of someone she thought was her friend never actually feeling anything for her)

Annnddd that concludes my essay on why Sonia Nevermind is best girl and you will have to pry Sondam put of my cold, dead hands

Also it's 6am and im really tired

If you got this far, Im so sorry i made you read all that-

I can actually feel your love for this character. Great essay was fun to read. So, are Gundham and Sonia like a thing or just an almost happening before he dies?

1 hour ago, Katumai said:

Ew the more i look at my art the more i hate it-

Your art is great tho. But get that feeling sometimes to.

26 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

I can actually feel your love for this character. Great essay was fun to read. So, are Gundham and Sonia like a thing or just an almost happening before he dies?

Honestly, that's kind of a hard question to answer-

They weren't friends for super long-probably 4 or 5 days before Gundham's execution. But I think it's safe to say they at least liked each other.

He got flustered really easily at pretty much anything Sonia said, even a long time before they became friends (chapter 1 or 2 i think?) and he literally calls her 'The Dark Lady'

Considering he calls himself 'The Lord of Darkness', thats probably not a platonic nickname

32 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

Your art is great tho. But get that feeling sometimes to.

Thanks, i think its just really easy to see all the flaws in your own art considering you were there the whole time you made it hfyeye6fghuf6

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

So i was digging around upstairs and found like, my favorite toy from when I was little and im actually getting kinda emotional nvyftdh8f7

Im starting to think this is where my love of brown and white characters with green eyes originated from...

20210114_120954.thumb.jpg.4d64321137ab8aabb7085f0c31def448.jpg

(Also apparently shes worth a ton of money nowadays so thats neat)

• Like 2
  • Eek! 3