Stray Fawn Community

Niche Choose Your Own Adventure

Poogie

Hello again everybody, some of you may remember me from the "The Future of the Game" thread.

I am interested in text adventure games/interactive stories or better known as choose your own adventure stories, and I am considering creating one for Niche. I have always felt like storytelling is one of its greatest strengths, and I think that that could be expanded upon in a fun, meaningful and interactive way. I am looking at chooseyourstory.com as a possible place to publish such a story, but textadventures.co.uk, or Quest, is also a possibility. I would want to have permission for this first, though. Is this alright with you, @Philo?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Philo said:

Sure, go right ahead :D

Thank you! I have been getting a lot of great ideas for it recently, so I would definitely like to do it now. I do not know how long it will take, though, because I am planning for it to be quite involved and I may not be able to work on it consistently. Whenever it is ready, I will let you all know. 🙂

• Eek! 3

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody, I am just posting to let you all know that I recently had an unfortunate setback. Without warning, my computer hard drive malfunctioned and was unable to be repaired, resulting in a loss of all of the information that was saved onto my computer, including the niche choose your own adventure that I was working on. I lost some good progress, and the thought of starting over is discouraging, so I do not know if I will end up finishing it, sadly. It is still possible, however! I will need to wait and see how I feel after a break. It could be that I will get the desire to start on it again; in which case I will definitely make a backup of it.

• Sad 4

31 minutes ago, SilverHowl said:

Oh goodness it was great to hear back from you ❤️ sorry about the breakdown though! I’m hoping you’ll be able to recover in due time. ^^

Thank you, that is kind of you to say. I actually still remember how the very beginning of the story went, so I took the time last night to recreate it, just in case I decide to start over; otherwise, if I wait, I might end up forgetting it, and I got it too good for that. Are any of you interested in reading it?

31 minutes ago, Poogie said:

Thank you, that is kind of you to say. I actually still remember how the very beginning of the story went, so I took the time last night to recreate it, just in case I decide to start over; otherwise, if I wait, I might end up forgetting it, and I got it too good for that. Are any of you interested in reading it?

I'd read it probably

30 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

I'd read it probably

Alright then, this is what I have managed to recreate so far. I took the opportunity to improve upon it, and I am much happier with the result, though it is still unfinished. Knowledgeable people will notice the many references. 😉

Somewhere, within a vast ocean, countless islands of a great island chain lie scattered and glistening in the dawn. Beautiful and diverse, they stretch across the surface for miles, connected to each other by winding trails of stepping stones left behind from ancient times; when all of the islands were one.

On a subtropical island divided by jungle and grassland, a thick mist hangs in the air, scattering the sun's first rays and lighting the sky like fire. All is quiet except for the sound of the waves lapping against the shore and the vegetation dripping with moisture. Then, as the creatures of the day begin to stir, the silence is broken by a single, lone call. It rings sharply throughout the island, and after a long pause, many other calls follow, each increasing in frequency until soon the island has come alive. A new day has begun.

Within the southern grassland, a cool, open land of sparse trees, many species of animals both great and small roam the tall grass in search of their next meal. The great vined trees of the northern jungle loom over them; a land much more wild and dangerous than its counterpart, and avoided by all but the most adapted and desperate of creatures.

Along the western shore of the grassland, four of one of these species of animals head north through the grass. They are mammals and have evolved over the generations to be well suited for their environment.

• Love 4