Stray Fawn Community

Food Piles + nesting material piles + Carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores

GreenTheGreat

Wow thats a lot of food you got there! Where is it all? oh... it's literally nowhere...

I've been holding off posting this for no reason at all lol, and then I just forgot. Then I saw the picture I made!

WARNING: This picture is HORRIBLE

1659928829_Foodandnestingpilesnicheidea.thumb.png.1d7c402069b9272876082320d1d602a7.png

So, lets go over these.

Berry pile

These piles only hold berries and it's a bunch of berries piles up on each-other. Can be poison berries depending on what berries you collect.

Meat pile

A lot of meat of different sizes fit together to make the pile.

Mixed pile

A pile of both berries and meat.

Nesting material pile

A pile of nesting material. It would look different on each island, and underwater it would look like algae

These piles will be able to be stolen from, so guard it! (dodomingos and female wanders steal from the nesting material) Don't want to have something to guard? Well, you can still have food without a pile! Only each nicheling can hold one or two pieces of food depending on what kind of paws they have.

Now, you may be asking, why would you need separate pile if nichelings are all omnivores?  Well, you would have a food consumption ability! It would look like a berry, a piece of meat, or a berry and a piece of meat together! You can guess whats what each of those are. Each head gives a different one of these. Lets take, cracker jaw, for example. Cracker jaw doesn't seem like it would be able to chew and/or swallow meat, making it a herbivore. I'll go back through later and post a comment with all the head's food consumption, but for now, I need to go eat breakfast!

EDIT:

Sky has made a good point in the comments. Go read their questions/suggestions to understand these 😄 

• That's a good idea! I think I might add that!
  • I haven't thought of the exact food cap. I'm thinking for now that it will fit as much food as you can start with in sandbox
  • On tiles that have the same or almost the same ground level, you can place a food pile. I haven't decided how many tiles it will fill.
  • Yes! You can destroy it, but only if you have at least one strength/attack/whatever u wanna call it.
  • Again, you can destroy it and get rid of all the food you have stored in it.
  • I'm thinking no, but maybe!
  • If you collect food, it would go to the hand-held counter and there would be an option on the food pile to put hand-held food into the pile.
  • That's a waaaaaaaay better idea!
  • Again, great idea! You're great at coming up with this kind of stuff!
  • I think it would just be auto-stored into hand-held storage, even if it's a really high number, then it could be auto-deposited when you put down food storage. You are not able to collect food when you are in this state.
  • Like 1

10 replies to this post

The food counter would need to be split into four sections: Stored berries, stored meat, hand-held berries, and hand-held meat.

Could all of the food be stored in one pile? Or would there be a cap to how much food can go in one? How would you place down a food pile? Can you get rid of it? Destroy it and all the food (none goes to your counter), gather what you can hold (making the pile vanish if you take all the food from it)? Could you make multiple food piles? When collecting food, would it go into the hand-held food counter, or 

I think the herbivore/omnivore/carnivore trait should be something that stands alone as a gene. It limits you if it's tied to head genes--what if I want a tribe of cracker jaw nichelings with claws, and I want them to be carnivores (and completely ignore cracker jaw's cracking abilities because I just like what cracker jaws look like)?

The food holding should also be tied to a certain stat, which would then be added to the genes that would be able to hold food. This could pave the way for some new genes that focus on food storage!

Finally, how would this work when just starting the game, where you usually start with much more than whatever your nichelings would able to hold? Would it all automatically be stored on a nearby tile? 

2 minutes ago, Sky said:

The food counter would need to be split into four sections: Stored berries, stored meat, hand-held berries, and hand-held meat.

Could all of the food be stored in one pile? Or would there be a cap to how much food can go in one? How would you place down a food pile? Can you get rid of it? Destroy it and all the food (none goes to your counter), gather what you can hold (making the pile vanish if you take all the food from it)? Could you make multiple food piles? When collecting food, would it go into the hand-held food counter, or 

I think the herbivore/omnivore/carnivore trait should be something that stands alone as a gene. It limits you if it's tied to head genes--what if I want a tribe of cracker jaw nichelings with claws, and I want them to be carnivores (and completely ignore cracker jaw's cracking abilities because I just like what cracker jaws look like)?

The food holding should also be tied to a certain stat, which would then be added to the genes that would be able to hold food. This could pave the way for some new genes that focus on food storage!

Finally, how would this work when just starting the game, where you usually start with much more than whatever your nichelings would able to hold? Would it all automatically be stored on a nearby tile? 

A lot of good points and questions! I'm just going to take this real quick and divide it down into the important parts so I can really answer them. :) 

• Paw up 1

4 minutes ago, Sky said:
  • The food counter would need to be split into four sections: Stored berries, stored meat, hand-held berries, and hand-held meat.
  • Could all of the food be stored in one pile? Or would there be a cap to how much food can go in one?
  • How would you place down a food pile?
  • Can you get rid of it?
  • Destroy it and all the food (none goes to your counter), gather what you can hold (making the pile vanish if you take all the food from it)?
  • Could you make multiple food piles?
  • When collecting food, would it go into the hand-held food counter, or 
  • I think the herbivore/omnivore/carnivore trait should be something that stands alone as a gene. It limits you if it's tied to head genes--what if I want a tribe of cracker jaw nichelings with claws, and I want them to be carnivores (and completely ignore cracker jaw's cracking abilities because I just like what cracker jaws look like)?
  • The food holding should also be tied to a certain stat, which would then be added to the genes that would be able to hold food. This could pave the way for some new genes that focus on food storage!
  • Finally, how would this work when just starting the game, where you usually start with much more than whatever your nichelings would able to hold? Would it all automatically be stored on a nearby tile? 
  • That's a good idea! I think I might add that!
  • I haven't thought of the exact food cap. I'm thinking for now that it will fit as much food as you can start with in sandbox
  • On tiles that have the same or almost the same ground level, you can place a food pile. I haven't decided how many tiles it will fill.
  • Yes! You can destroy it, but only if you have at least one strength/attack/whatever u wanna call it.
  • Again, you can destroy it and get rid of all the food you have stored in it.
  • I'm thinking no, but maybe!
  • If you collect food, it would go to the hand-held counter and there would be an option on the food pile to put hand-held food into the pile.
  • That's a waaaaaaaay better idea!
  • Again, great idea! You're great at coming up with this kind of stuff!
  • I think it would just be auto-stored into hand-held storage, even if it's a really high number, then it could be auto-deposited when you put down food storage. You are not able to collect food when you are in this state.
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:33 AM, Water bottle said:

Now, you may be asking, why would you need separate pile if nichelings are all omnivores?  Well, you would have a food consumption ability! It would look like a berry, a piece of meat, or a berry and a piece of meat together! You can guess whats what each of those are. Each head gives a different one of these. Lets take, cracker jaw, for example. Cracker jaw doesn't seem like it would be able to chew and/or swallow meat, making it a herbivore. I'll go back through later and post a comment with all the head's food consumption, but for now, I need to go eat breakfast!

well my post, link here conflicts with that by saying that cracker jaw  can eat meat

21 hours ago, Water bottle said:

5 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

well my post, link here conflicts with that by saying that cracker jaw  can eat meat

Sky suggested this and I agreed. I think you should maybe ready the long comments before jumping to comment yourself. I don't want to be rude, just saying. I just forgot to edit the post

Edited by Water bottle
Sorry I'm tired, hungry, and irritable.

and it also divides the food a ton, and conflicts a bunch, with a lot of everything, including the idea, so how could it work, just spitball if you want to

1 minute ago, Water bottle said:

Sky suggested this and I agreed. I think you should maybe ready the long comments before jumping to comment yourself. I don't want to be rude, just saying. I just forgot to edit the post

well this serves as a reminder