Stray Fawn Community

Pink noses on white nichelings

Sky

In real life, noses (at least on cat and dogs) on animals with white fur are never gray, like in Niche. Instead, they are pink. This would (probably, I'm not familiar with Niche's coding and modeling ways) be an easy fix. I just think it'd make nichelings with white fur cuter and prettier :)

Some cats with pink noses:

Who Nose: 21 Close-Up Photos From Across the Animal ...10 of the Pinkest Cat Noses You Ever Did See | CatsterWhite Cat-pink Nose - Cats & Animals Background Wallpapers ...SWEET, SWEET KITTENS HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! | Cross our Paws ...

• Like 1
  • Love 4

9 replies to this post

On 8/22/2020 at 4:29 PM, mysimas said:

Never say never.

Though I agree pink noses might be cute. ❤️

coton de tulear.jpg

black nose cat.jpg

Most dogs and cats with white fur and black noses are likely genetically fully black, but have a white pattern that covers their entire body. This online conversation talks about it.

• Like 1

from what I can tell most wild animals that are white seem to have black rather than pink noses (pictured examples are a polar bear, Arctic wolf, Arctic fox, dall sheep, mountain goat and harp seal pup). that being said I wouldn't really care if nichelings had pink or black noses, it doesn't really make a difference to me

Polar_Bear_-_Alaska_(cropped).jpg

Arctic-wolf.jpg

Artic-fox-in-Snow.jpg

bc7afa5c53a33a928d35a3e0d5d5f262.jpg

5e3b06db8a783.image.jpg

Harp_seal.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

from what I can tell most wild animals that are white seem to have black rather than pink noses (pictured examples are a polar bear, Arctic wolf, Arctic fox, dall sheep, mountain goat and harp seal pup). that being said I wouldn't really care if nichelings had pink or black noses, it doesn't really make a difference to me

Polar_Bear_-_Alaska_(cropped).jpg

Arctic-wolf.jpg

Artic-fox-in-Snow.jpg

bc7afa5c53a33a928d35a3e0d5d5f262.jpg

5e3b06db8a783.image.jpg

Harp_seal.jpg

(Most of the animals there have darker hairs or, in the polar bear's case, black skin, so of course they have black noses)

black noses would actually be pretty cute as well. I just don't like gray noses

• Like 1

So I've been studying albinos recently. It seems that pink noses usually come with a restriction of melanin to the nose. That's why you see cats have a pink nose in white areas, but many dogs have a black nose instead. It seems like cats multicolored, have amelanistic skin underneath the part where the fur is supposed to be white, whereas white dogs can separate the two more readily in their genes, so they have amelanistic fur but melanistic skin (white fur, black skin). In order for nichelings to have pink noses with general white fur, we'd have to consider genes for their skin- maybe adding two different schemes for skin? A gene for skin that is dependent on the fur color, or a skin gene that is separate from the fur color. Also, it looks like the albino nichelings have gray noses. There are definitely albinos whose noses are more gray then pink, but this is more often found on leucistic animals and partial albinos. If they're going to make animals with normal white fur have pink noses, then albinos have to too.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, saphirascale said:

So I've been studying albinos recently. It seems that pink noses usually come with a restriction of melanin to the nose. That's why you see cats have a pink nose in white areas, but many dogs have a black nose instead. It seems like cats multicolored, have amelanistic skin underneath the part where the fur is supposed to be white, whereas white dogs can separate the two more readily in their genes, so they have amelanistic fur but melanistic skin (white fur, black skin). In order for nichelings to have pink noses with general white fur, we'd have to consider genes for their skin- maybe adding two different schemes for skin? A gene for skin that is dependent on the fur color, or a skin gene that is separate from the fur color. Also, it looks like the albino nichelings have gray noses. There are definitely albinos whose noses are more gray then pink, but this is more often found on leucistic animals and partial albinos. If they're going to make animals with normal white fur have pink noses, then albinos have to too.

I just want not-gray noses xD