Stray Fawn Community

Falling Stars- A WC Fanfiction Game Thing

Broken

9 minutes ago, Flour said:

Shadekit stared out from the nursery. Clanmates had started to gather in the clearing despite not being called too do so. Silverkit popped up besides him and squared her shoulders as the clan leader called for a meeting. Shadekit felt embarrassed as all cats eyes swiveled to them. He stepped into the clearing and towards the center of the crowd with Silverkit trailing after him. The ceremony went like all the others he had seen. He was assigned a mentor, Magpiefeathers, a grumpy she-cat who was supposedly a good hunter. Silver law’s pending decision still worried him but he internally breathed a huge breath of relief when she didn’t say anything about becoming a medicine cat and touched noses with her mentor Breezetail, a charming tom with speckled brown fur and soft blue eyes. The clan cheered their names, ‘’Shadepaw! Silver paw!’’ and then started to disperse, leaving the two new apprentices and their mentors.

As the gathering parted, Magpiefeathers approached Shadepaw, "Are you coming? We are going on a patrol." She grunted. She seemed to not like Shadepaw very much. "Is Silve-" Magpiefeathers cut him off. "No, she is going with her mentor to look around the border. WE are going on a lone hunting patrol." Her eyes weren't very welcoming. Shadepaw sighed. She strolled out of the camp and Shadepaw followed close behind.

Shadepaw and his mentor had a silent walk through the forest. They got to a relatively large clearing and Magpiefeathers started droning about how to do a hunting crouch. "Now I want to see you do it." Shadepaw started panicking. He had barely listened to the monotonous voice of his mentor. He tried anyways, sloppily. Magpiefeathers growled "That is the worst crouch I have ever seen. You wouldn't even catch prey that wanted to be caught." and she went on going off about everything he was doing wrong.

6 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Silverpaw watched as her brother leaved. She sighed. "Are we going to leave too?"

Breezetail shook his head. "The medicine cat wants to see you." He leads her to the medicine cat den where Grayleaf was.

"Hello Silverpaw." She mews to the little kit who looks excited. Were my prayers to starclan answered? she thinks excitedly.

"I think, now that you are apprentices, it's time for you to know something..."

(Isn’t this chapter supposed to be about Shadepaw?)

20 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Shadepaw and his mentor had a silent walk through the forest. They got to a relatively large clearing and Magpiefeathers started droning about how to do a hunting crouch. "Now I want to see you do it." Shadepaw started panicking. He had barely listened to the monotonous voice of his mentor. He tried anyways, sloppily. Magpiefeathers growled "That is the worst crouch I have ever seen. You wouldn't even catch prey that wanted to be caught." and she went on going off about everything he was doing wrong.

Every time she would tell him he was doing it wrong, he would say sorry and try again. After ten failed attempts, he heard her murmur, “This is why we don’t let rouges into our clan.”

Shadepaw looks angrily at his mentor and starts crying. He thought here might be a sliver of hope that nobody judged him for being a rouge. He lived on that hope. And that all crumbled. He dashed off into the woods until he no longer recognized where he is.

(That moment when the character strikes a bit to close to home.)

19 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Shadepaw looks angrily at his mentor and starts crying. He thought here might be a sliver of hope that nobody judged him for being a rouge. He lived on that hope. And that all crumbled. He dashed off into the woods until he no longer recognized where he is.

(That moment when the character strikes a bit to close to home.)

Magpiefeathers didn’t follow him and stayed where she was. He kept running until he reached the border into Thunderclan territory. He skidded to a halt, trying to not cross it. Should I? But my sister.... she doesn’t want to follow what I want. I could be accepted there... He felt his paw start to move. 

1 hour ago, Broken said:

Magpiefeathers didn’t follow him and stayed where she was. He kept running until he reached the border into Thunderclan territory. He skidded to a halt, trying to not cross it. Should I? But my sister.... she doesn’t want to follow what I want. I could be accepted there... He felt his paw start to move. 

He halted. But ... I can't leave her? Can I? Shadepaw knew he shouldn't, he knew he couldn't stay, but he went forth anyway. There were so many trees! He wondered what it would be like to climb them all ... he got lost in thought, not realizing there were voices ahead of him until it was too late. "So, anyways, Gladepaw, how's Timberstar's training? I bet it's really tough." Said a she-cat. "Um .. not really, Timberstar is really helpful, he even taught me to climb trees! I was so bad at it until he helped me. I'm kinda glad I switched mentors, but I'm still sad Snowear died, she was a great mentor too." Replied a quiet, young tom. Shadepaw backed away, accidently snapping a twig, "Hey! Who's there?!" The she-cat burst through the bushes, her dark orange tabby fur covered in leaves and twigs. A small gray tom stood next to her, fear in his eyes.

(with my luck i'll be posting this at the same time someone else does srdtfyguhijo)

1 hour ago, Skydra said:

He halted. But ... I can't leave her? Can I? Shadepaw knew he shouldn't, he knew he couldn't stay, but he went forth anyway. There were so many trees! He wondered what it would be like to climb them all ... he got lost in thought, not realizing there were voices ahead of him until it was too late. "So, anyways, Gladepaw, how's Timberstar's training? I bet it's really tough." Said a she-cat. "Um .. not really, Timberstar is really helpful, he even taught me to climb trees! I was so bad at it until he helped me. I'm kinda glad I switched mentors, but I'm still sad Snowear died, she was a great mentor too." Replied a quiet, young tom. Shadepaw backed away, accidently snapping a twig, "Hey! Who's there?!" The she-cat burst through the bushes, her dark orange tabby fur covered in leaves and twigs. A small gray tom stood next to her, fear in his eyes.

Startled beyond belief, Shadepaw stumbled backwards, losing his balance an tumbling over. A sharp pain jolted through his skull before he felt himself black out. What felt like mere moments later, he was struggling to open his eyes, fur bristling as the two cats stared down at him. "Oh good, he isn't dead." The tom let out a breath of relief, taking a few steps back. Shadepaw lifted a paw to his head, flinching as he felt blood staining his fur. "What happened? My head-"

"You tripped and hit your head on a rock, stupid." The she-cat scoffed, harshly grasping his scruff in her jaws and tossing him between herself and the other cat. "Why are you here?" She hissed out, looking like a very ticked off fox with her bristling orange fur. "Houndpaw! Stop freaking him out!" The tom snapped, lashing his tail as he gave Houndpaw a harsh glare-all that really seemed to accomplish was the she-cat rolling her eyes at him.

Just now, Possum Girl said:

(with my luck i'll be posting this at the same time someone else does srdtfyguhijo)

Startled beyond belief, Shadepaw stumbled backwards, losing his balance an tumbling over. A sharp pain jolted through his skull before he felt himself black out. What felt like mere moments later, he was struggling to open his eyes, fur bristling as the two cats stared down at him. "Oh good, he isn't dead." The tom let out a breath of relief, taking a few steps back. Shadepaw lifted a paw to his head, flinching as he felt blood staining his fur. "What happened? My head-"

"You tripped and hit your head on a rock, stupid." The she-cat scoffed, harshly grasping his scruff in her jaws and tossing him between herself and the other cat. "Why are you here?" She hissed out, looking like a very ticked off fox with her bristling orange fur. "Houndpaw! Stop freaking him out!" The tom snapped, lashing his tail as he gave Houndpaw a harsh glare-all that really seemed to accomplish was the she-cat rolling her eyes at him.

"I- um," He started stumbling over his words, wondering what he should say. No matter what, it's not going to sound good. How am I supposed to explain myself for trespassing onto their territory? "I'm sorry, I was chasing a mouse and didn't realize I went over the border, I should um, head back now ..." He lied, hoping they would let him go.

"Hey, how did you not notice as the moor changed to Oak trees? Besides, it smells totally different here! I've been close enough to the border to know the difference in smells. Tell the truth you mouse-brain." Houndpaw demanded. Shadepaw gulped, then tried to explain why he was there, "So ... I was just trying to see what it was like here, I don't know if I really fit in in Windclan anyway." He told them. Houndpaw's expression seemed to soften for a brief moment, before changing to a more determined one than ever, "Well, we have to take you to Timberstar, he'll give you punishment for trespassing." She told him, and started pushing him along the path. "Wait, Houndpaw, why don't we just let him go? I mean ... he's not a threat." Gladepaw said to Houndpaw. "Because, the others will smell his scent, besides ... safer ... anyway." She whispered the last part so softly he couldn't hear it. "Come on, we need to hurry, 'sun's going down." Houndpaw told him, pushing him forward rather harshly.

Great Starclan, what have I gotten myself into now?

End of chapter 2

14 minutes ago, Broken said:

I’m going to post chapter three and am wondering which picture to choose for Shadepaw. (They’re fanart if crowfeather, Hawkwing, and breezepelt.)

CC08795C-0DF4-4AA6-90E5-950EE4DF0436.png

B8091B40-1572-44E5-B4BC-B8B067033E2B.jpeg

FA89565C-C8AE-49AF-A982-A6E38A67D895.png

6E76BFE4-719E-4FD2-BE3B-39E9C6B11512.png

the first one

22 minutes ago, Broken said:

I’m going to post chapter three and am wondering which picture to choose for Shadepaw. (They’re fanart if crowfeather, Hawkwing, and breezepelt.)

I vote second one 

12 hours ago, Skydra said:

"I- um," He started stumbling over his words, wondering what he should say. No matter what, it's not going to sound good. How am I supposed to explain myself for trespassing onto their territory? "I'm sorry, I was chasing a mouse and didn't realize I went over the border, I should um, head back now ..." He lied, hoping they would let him go.

"Hey, how did you not notice as the moor changed to Oak trees? Besides, it smells totally different here! I've been close enough to the border to know the difference in smells. Tell the truth you mouse-brain." Houndpaw demanded. Shadepaw gulped, then tried to explain why he was there, "So ... I was just trying to see what it was like here, I don't know if I really fit in in Windclan anyway." He told them. Houndpaw's expression seemed to soften for a brief moment, before changing to a more determined one than ever, "Well, we have to take you to Timberstar, he'll give you punishment for trespassing." She told him, and started pushing him along the path. "Wait, Houndpaw, why don't we just let him go? I mean ... he's not a threat." Gladepaw said to Houndpaw. "Because, the others will smell his scent, besides ... safer ... anyway." She whispered the last part so softly he couldn't hear it. "Come on, we need to hurry, 'sun's going down." Houndpaw told him, pushing him forward rather harshly.

Great Starclan, what have I gotten myself into now?

End of chapter 2

CHAPTER 3

Greyleaf sat in the medicine den, breathing in the scent of the herbs. She loved it in the medicine den. I don't have to worry when I'm here... I can think straight be myself.. She shuffled through her herbs, trying to find blackberry leaves for an apprentice who hadn't been careful enough around bees, but her mind was on other things. Almost a leaf-fall ago, she had been given the first prophecy in moons, and she was still trying to figure it out. What could Silverpaw and Shadepaw have to do with it? She pondered to herself. They're just normal kits... found in a puddle of blood.

She was still wondering about it when Gorseheart padded in.

4 minutes ago, Tigerlily_On_Niche said:

CHAPTER 3

Greyleaf sat in the medicine den, breathing in the scent of the herbs. She loved it in the medicine den. I don't have to worry when I'm here... I can think straight be myself.. She shuffled through her herbs, trying to find blackberry leaves for an apprentice who hadn't been careful enough around bees, but her mind was on other things. Almost a leaf-fall ago, she had been given the first prophecy in moons, and she was still trying to figure it out. What could Silverpaw and Shadepaw have to do with it? She pondered to herself. They're just normal kits... found in a puddle of blood.

She was still wondering about it when Gorseheart padded in.

He was accompanied by his apprentice, Icepaw. The white she-cat looked as if she were about to throw up. "Hi, Grayleaf. Icepaw ate something while we were training and she said she was starting to feel sick," Gorseheart explained.

3 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

He was accompanied by his apprentice, Icepaw. The white she-cat looked as if she were about to throw up. "Hi, Grayleaf. Icepaw ate something while we were training and she said she was starting to feel sick," Gorseheart explained.

Greyleaf grabbed a few black berries, and just in case, noted where the yarrow was. "Did you eat something dangerous? Or just something bad for you?" Icepaw looked at her paws, as if she were trying to focus on anything but her stomach.

"She doesn't know," Gorseheart informed her. "She said that she had grabbed a random plant to ask me what it was, but as soon as she tasted it, she spit it out."

16 hours ago, Broken said:

I also vote for the first one ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, Tigerlily_On_Niche said:

Greyleaf grabbed a few black berries, and just in case, noted where the yarrow was. "Did you eat something dangerous? Or just something bad for you?" Icepaw looked at her paws, as if she were trying to focus on anything but her stomach.

"She doesn't know," Gorseheart informed her. "She said that she had grabbed a random plant to ask me what it was, but as soon as she tasted it, she spit it out."

She grumbled. These apprentices need to pay more attention.

”What did the plant look like?” Greyleaf asked, hoping she could identify it by a description.