Stray Fawn Community

Forever Following Blindly

Cloude

2 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Plank. :)

Yes, there's two other pieces of the puzzle nobody knows about.

i sorta remember who she is purely because i saw her name in the family tree of Board's screenshot

Just now, Possum Girl said:

i sorta remember who she is purely because i saw her name in the family tree of Board's screenshot

xdcfgvbhnjmkl

Plank's a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbutterscotch pie. I didn't swear, see? :) No ban please. :')

1 minute ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Pretich watched as a small red nicheling pounced onto a rabil, his younger sister close behind.

“Keep up, Autumn!” The young male shouted back to his sister.

What looked like a newborn was stumbling after him, followed by Pretich.

“What are you trying to show Autumn exactly?” Pretich questioned with a smile on her face.

“I’m showing her how to catch a rabbil! She’d be great at it!” 

“Aspen, she can’t even walk properly, how would she be able to run after a rabbil?” She asked, giggling a little.

“Then I can teach her to walk! And run! And whatever she needs to catch a rabbil!” He huffed confidently, running back and sitting next to his sister. “And soon enough she’ll be the best runner! Because I taught her~” He said proudly.

Pretich held back a laugh. “Whatever you say.”

-

Misinian lay in the nest, curled around a small nicheling. They were both sleeping, and Butch was the only one awake. Butch just cleared some grass, and whenever the little one started to wake up, he’d hum. The humming would make the little one go back to sleep. Butch knows how to make a child go back to sleep, but not know to stop them from crying. So he’s just avoiding them crying.

well that happened fast

The next day, Aspen ran around, determined to make Autumn the best runner. After a while, she was able to keep up at the same speed as him. As soon as Pretich decided to take a nap, they snuck away from Extra Raw Toast, with Aspen in the lead.

They kept running, and eventually they started to follow the sound of coughs and growls.

Aspen was met with a claw over his neck, and he was pinned to the ground.

“Ow! Hey! Get off of me!” He kept kicking at whatever was there. When he opened his eyes, he saw an adult with something dripping from their mouths. It seemed like foam. They were growling at his sister, and panic shot through him.

“HEY! DOWN HERE!” He started shouting. He was shouting so that the nicheling would pay attention to him instead of his sister, and so that he could try to get his father’s attention.

The nicheling looked down at the squirming Aspen, and they let out a low growl. Aspen stared up into their bloodshot eyes. Something wasn’t right.

He yelped as the grip on his neck tightened. Autumn started screeching, which definitely alerted someone.

The brown spotty nicheling hissed and shook their head, letting go of Aspen to hold their head. They growled, and lunged at the child. A flash of red cut him off, and Pretich quickly swiped up the children and ran.

• Sad 2

>:)

Minicorn Madness!

A disease that caused acorns to rot from the inside out. Those without cracker jaw are able to get this disease.

The disease ends up in those who eat diseased acorns without opening them to check. What goofy nichelings! :)

The disease spreads the brain, and drives the nicheling mad while slowly causing a select part of their brain to rot.

It is uncurable, other than by death.

Being bitten by someone that has the disease will cause nausea, vomiting, and restlessness. It is advised to keep those bitten away from other nichelings until the sickness passes.

2020-07-19 (3).png

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

The next day, Aspen ran around, determined to make Autumn the best runner. After a while, she was able to keep up at the same speed as him. As soon as Pretich decided to take a nap, they snuck away from Extra Raw Toast, with Aspen in the lead.

They kept running, and eventually they started to follow the sound of coughs and growls.

Aspen was met with a claw over his neck, and he was pinned to the ground.

“Ow! Hey! Get off of me!” He kept kicking at whatever was there. When he opened his eyes, he saw an adult with something dripping from their mouths. It seemed like foam. They were growling at his sister, and panic shot through him.

“HEY! DOWN HERE!” He started shouting. He was shouting so that the nicheling would pay attention to him instead of his sister, and so that he could try to get his father’s attention.

The nicheling looked down at the squirming Aspen, and they let out a low growl. Aspen stared up into their bloodshot eyes. Something wasn’t right.

He yelped as the grip on his neck tightened. Autumn started screeching, which definitely alerted someone.

The brown spotty nicheling hissed and shook their head, letting go of Aspen to hold their head. They growled, and lunged at the child. A flash of red cut him off, and Pretich quickly swiped up the children and ran.

Rabies!

Just now, Your daily dose of Lisa said:

Rabies!

Nowope.

1 minute ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

>:)

Minicorn Madness!

A disease that caused acorns to rot from the inside out. Those without cracker jaw are able to get this disease.

The disease ends up in those who eat diseased acorns without opening them to check. What goofy nichelings! :)

The disease spreads the brain, and drives the nicheling mad while slowly causing a select part of their brain to rot.

It is uncurable, other than by death.

Being bitten by someone that has the disease will cause nausea, vomiting, and restlessness. It is advised to keep those bitten away from other nichelings until the sickness passes.

2020-07-19 (3).png

this

Blizzard was starting to get annoyed by how often he found himself being left alone by the water. Melen wouldn’t stop leaving to check on Thorne and Steel. He felt like there was something he didn’t know that they were excluding him from. The next time Melen started walking away, he decided to follow silently.

When she came to a stop, he could hear sneezes. Sneezes from something that wasn’t there before. It sounded… Young.

“What’s happening?” He growled, flicking his tail.

Melen jumped and turned around. Thorne suddenly seemed mildly uncomfortable.

“Oh uh- hey Blizzard! I thought you were still fishing?”

“I was fishing with YOU, but you keep leaving!” He huffed.

“Oh.. Well I’ll be back in a moment! I just need to take care of something first!”

“No! You come back for one second then come right back here! Why?!”

“I.. I’m a healer! I have to make sure the little ones are okay!”

He paused for a moment, then narrowed his eyes and lowered his head a bit.

“Little ones..?”

Almost as if on cue, he heard a small sneeze. He flicked his ear and looked around.

“What is that? Is someone sick? Steel, are you sick?”

“That’s.. Not Steel. It’s.. Rusty.”

“Rusty?”

“Yeah-”

There was another sneeze.

“Be quiet, Blizzard. You’re upsetting them.”

“Them?”

“Rusty.”

“WHO’S RUSTY?”

“SHUSH!”

Steel curled his tail around the sneezing child, glaring as his gaze slowly moved around where he heard their voices. Melen and Thorne both got the gist, and shut up. Blizzard felt a weird chill down his spine. Almost like there was a bunch of nichelings watching him. He sat down and bowed his head. Melen and Thorne were a bit confused. Was this a blind nicheling thing? Do they have telepathic powers? Nah, Steel’s glare is just that powerful.

“Be quiet. All of you. If any of you end up making Rusty cry, your necks will be snapped.” He was whispering, but that just seemed to make him more threatening. Was that a threat from the most innocent nicheling here? Yes, indeed it was.

2020-07-20 (3).png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

The next day, Rusty stumbled out of the nest. Once Melen was sure that Rusty didn’t carry any diseases, Blizzard was allowed to get closer to them. Steel, of course, stayed right next to the child, but hey! Progress!

Thorne really didn’t like Blizzard being anywhere near the child, but Steel was able to convince him it’s okay. Melen just watched from the sidelines. She didn’t really feel too involved, but it was okay! Her job was to be the medic! She has to watch everyone to make sure there’s no problems!

----

Aspen woke up to see a bunch of nichelings surrounding him. One of them, a girl, was sitting right next to him.

“GAh!-” He backed up a bit, staring at her.

“Hello sleepyhead. Have a good slumber?”

The fangs. The fangs terrified him.

“I- Uhm- Maybe? I don’t know.” He just kept backing away until something stopped him from behind. He jumped up and turned around.

“You’re awake! Good. Thought he hurt you.” Masinian looked a bit tired, but also happy.

She looked behind her. “Hey! Pretich! This one’s okay!”

Pretich ran over, and Masinian moved out of her way. Pretich smiled, trying to ignore the tears that were previously going down her face.

“Oh thank Kaida you’re okay!” She hugged the child closer to her.

“Mom, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? I just took a little nap!”

She looked confused. “You’ve been coughing for hours on end- Did you not feel anything? Do you not feel how warm you are?”

“No..?” He tilted his head and looked up at her. “I’m okay mom! Really!”

Pretich just whimpered and continued to hug the child. “Okay Aspen, whatever you say.” She whispered.

-

Butch stared down at the limp red child. She hadn’t moved for hours, other than small breaths that were barely noticeable. He looked over at the others, who were all currently huddled around the now awake Aspen, then back down at Autumn. What even happened after they found Prisponen? Dunno. Pretich refuses to say anything until they find a healer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

After over a day of fighting, a nicheling has fallen. Extra Raw Toast backed away from the now dead Prisponen. He looked around, his vision failing him as he tries to find the closest thing to lean on. He collapsed, and let out a yelp. He tried to yell, but nothing would come out. With a few more tries, all he got was a whimper and a massive headache.

• Sad 2

The screams. They ring in Melen’s head like a tumor. She growled to herself and look around. She seemed almost restless.

“Where are they coming from?!”

“What?”

“The screams! Someone’s screaming!”

“Nobody’s screaming, Melen.”

“Yes they are! Do you not hear them?”

“Nobody else hears them, Melen.”

“Steel! Do you hear them?!”

Steel lifted his head and looked over. He blinked tiredly, then went back to watching Rusty play. By now Steel had gotten used to Rusty’s constant sneezing.

Melen huffed and turned away. She started to run, only having the screams to guide her towards where she was needed.

Thorne tried to chase her, but his hindlegs unfortunately left him handicapped.

• Sad 2

“Oh.. Oh dear.. Are you okay?... Okay you need help…”

-

Butch yanked his head up and looked around. When he heard the screech again, he covered his ears.

-

Pretich was yanked back to reality. She had been spacing out for a moment there.

“What’s that noise?!”

“Owwww… It’s too loud…”

“It’s hurting my head!”

“Misi, stay and watch these two, I’m gonna go check it out.” She let go of Aspen.

Pretich stood up and started running towards where the noise was coming from.

-

Pretich kept running until she was face-to-face with the screeching creature. She took a few steps back, then growled at them.

“Why are you screaming?!”

“Look!” A deep velvet derp-snouted male motioned towards Extra Raw Toast, who was barely conscious and losing blood fast.

Pretich calmly walked over to ERT. She narrowed her eyes, then looked up at the strange nicheling. “What, did he fail?”

“Fail? Wh- No! Look at him! He’s going to die!” The strange nicheling stared at Pretich, one of their eyes looking a bit to the side.

“So?” She glared at the strange nicheling.

She then turned to ERT, who looked up at her, only using his eyes. His eyes were dilated, and he looked confused.

Pretich inches closer to him, and placed her webbed paw on the top of his head.

“Don’t worry, firecracker. It won’t hurt.”

Pretich yanked on his head, and a crack was heard. The strange nicheling watched in disbelief.

“Wh.. Why’d you do that?!” Their voice cracked a bit, and they stared at the limp ERT.

“It was his time to go. Now shut up and come with me. And if you say anything, you’re dead, got it?” She was too calm about this. Too calm for the stranger to understand.

He just nodded, looking down at the now dead nicheling. Did he do something to deserve that?

The nicheling followed Pretich back towards the group.

2020-07-20 (5).png

BrantisShooketh.png

• Like 3

Pretich came back to see Aspen panicking and Masinian trying to calm him down. Did Butch forget that Aspen isn’t supposed to know that his sister is unresponsive? Most likely.

Pretich walked up to Aspen and looked down at Autumn.

“Aspen it’s okay. She’s breathing perfectly fine, and she doesn’t look like she’s in any pain.” She looked up at him.

He growled, but it also could have been a whimper. “You’re not a healer! How would you know?!”

“Aspen, do not raise your voice at your mother.” She glared at him.

Aspen growled and turned away. He didn’t need to yell to show that he was upset.

Pretich sighed. She turned away from Aspen, and looked back at the wanderer. 

“Anyways.. I found our screamer. If you’d like to introduce yourself to the group?”

“Brantis..” He mumbled, staring down at the dirt.

-

Thorne was trying to keep up, but by the time he got to the water, he could already see Melen walking away on the other side. Damn webbed legs!

He looked around before jumping into the water. Why did the healer have to be crazy?

-

Rusty looked around, whimpering a bit. Steel made sure to stick next to Rusty so that they couldn’t get lost. Blizzard stayed a few steps away, but made sure to keep his ears up.

What a great idea Thorne, leaving the two blind ones alone with a child.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1