Stray Fawn Community

Forever Following Blindly

Cloude

“There’s no voices!”

“Yes there is! They’re in pain! They’re unconscious or something- I just need to hear one more!”

“Melen, nobody is there!”

“YES THEY ARE!” She shouted at the top of her lungs, her voice cracking a bit as she whipped around. Her eyes were wide, but Thorne could tell that this was the angriest she’s ever been. Thorne closed his mouth and took a step back, glancing down as water lapped at his paws.

Melen took shaky breaths, closing her eyes to think. “They.. They’re close… I just need to focus.. There’s four of them..”

“Four..?” He tried not to let his voice falter. He might be the tough guy, but even he was terrified.

“There’s… There’s red. Something wrong with red.. And there’s.. There’s a girl. Two girls.. Two girls, one is small.. I need to find them.”

“A red, and two girls? One of the girls is small? But- You said four. Where’s the fourth?”

“The fourth isn’t at risk.. The others are going to die..”

“Where do you remember the screams being?”

Melen opened her eyes and looked down at Thorne. Thorne was still terrified, shaking even, but maybe he actually cared?

She took a deep breath and turned away. She stared into the grass, flicking an ear.

“Somewhere that way. The uhm.. The little one is in pain..”

“The little.. A child?! There’s a child in trouble?!”

“Shush! Just.. If you’re coming then follow me, okay? No commentary.”

She glanced over her shoulder at Thorne before breaking into a run. Thorne did his best to keep up.

-

Steel listened to the giggling child who seemed to sneeze every minute. The feeling of being responsible for the child felt.. Heartwarming. It was a warm feeling. It was something he liked.

Blizzard looked down at where a small, soft, voice was coming from.

“I got it! I got the rabbil! Did you hear the-” They paused for a sneeze. “The last squeak?”

“I’m pretty sure we both heard it. But! Would you like to explain to us how you did it?” Blizzard was trying not to be rude. Just keep the child entertained so that they don’t leave to find their own entertainment.

“Yeah, you should tell us what you did.” Steel chimed in, lifting his head.

Rusty looked up at Steel and Blizzard. He smiled and started talking, doing his best to keep sentences going despite the constant sneezes interrupting him.

Steel made sure to listen to every word, and remind the child whenever he forgot what he was saying about it. Blizzard was listening, but not as closely. He’d rather be running around with.. With… He forgot…? How could he forget?

--

2020-07-20 (8).png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Your daily dose of Lisa said:

Me just reading everything everyone posts while hoping someone will join my role play or broken will get on or A A A A A A A

Can you please stop ranting about your roleplay stuff in my playthrough? No offense, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm doing

• Paw up 1

20 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Can you please stop ranting about your roleplay stuff in my playthrough? No offense, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm doing

Comment deleted

5 minutes ago, Flour said:

This and Clover’s playthrough has made me consider picki bbg up one of my old playthroughs soon although I’ll probably forget about it-

:eyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

👀

(I should read through my posts more before posting them bc I always have really weird typos

Melen looked down at the dead nichelings, trying to understand what happened.

“Prisponen and Extra Raw Toast.. They went in the same direction.. But something happened?”

“Prisponen died first.. Toast should be alive.. But.. His head is ripped clean off..”

“So there was a third nicheling?”

“Yeah…”

Melen jumped when Thorne yelled for her to look behind her. Melen spun around, and was suddenly face-to-face with Pretich. Pretich had dried tears on her face, and had a pleading look in her eyes.

“You.. You’re one of them.. You were screaming.”

“What? No- But Melen, I need your help. Somethings wrong with Autumn.”

“Autumn..?” Melen glanced back at Thorne, who was sitting patiently. Kinda like a loyal sidekick. She then turned back to Pretich. “Who’s Autumn?”

“Autumn’s my child, but- She won’t wake up. Melen, she’s grown up in her sleep! She hasn’t woken up!” She was starting to panic.

“Calm down- Just let me see her.”

“No- No- Aspen’s bringing her over here. If you go over there then the others are going to distract you.”

“Just- Be careful please. There could be something very wrong with her.”

Pretich turned and ran. Probably to go get the other two.

“So it’s that simple, huh?”

Melen turned her head, giving Thorne a confused stare.

“You just.. Find them and heal them? Then what? Did the screaming just suddenly stop?”

“I.. I just stopped paying attention. I already found them, why would I need to listen for more?”

“Whatever.” He sighed and looked past her.

Aspen was carrying Autumn by the scruff. Even if they were both fully grown, she quite a bit smaller than him. She did look kinda heavy though.

Melen looked over, then rushed to have them set her down. She immediately got to work on figuring out what was wrong and getting it fixed.

• Like 2

Melen watched as Pretich and Aspen surrounded Autumn. Autumn just looked around, making a few weird noises when they tried talking to her.

Melen whipped her head around when he heard the sounds of screaming. The screaming quickly stopped, and it was replaced with silence. She looked around at all the nichelings interacting with each other, then down at the child that was between her paws. The child looked up at her and mewed. It was a scared kind of mew. The exact kind of mew that told her that the child also heard something off.

Melen looked up, eyes landing on Brantis. Brantis was the wanderer that Pretich found. She’d spent some time with him yesterday. He’s not that bad of a guy.

“Brantis.”

The strange looking male looked up, then over at Melen. He flicked an ear and tilted his head.

“Watch Viseje. I need to go check something.”

He nodded and sat next to the nest. Melen got up and walked away, off to find the crying.

Brantis smiled down at the child, who stared up at him blankly. The child let out a confused mew, and looked around. Where’d her mother go?

-

Melen walked over to Brikoi, who was in a nest a little bit away from the rest of the tribe.

“Bri?”

Brikoi jumped up and whipped her head around to look at Melen. “Why howdy!”

“Uhm.. Howdy..” She glanced down at the spotty child sitting in the nest with her.

“Were uh.. Were they crying?”

“Nah. Why, sum’m wrong?” She tilted her head.

“No. Have a good day.” She smiled weakly and walked past the confused Brikoi.

• Like 2

"A third death... These nichelings are really pathetic."

"I think it's fun! It adds to the mood!"

"What mood?"

"The mood!"

"You're weird."

"You're rude."

"Just shut up and get back to work."

• Like 1

Melen’s quick movements through the grass peaked Thorne’s curiosity. Why was she going backwards?

After a bit of pushing through grass, he could hear distant crying and sneezing. He immediately knew who it was. He pushed himself as much as he could to break into a run and make his way towards the sneezing. Melen followed him, trying to ignore the fact that she was followed without knowing.

-

Thorne found Rusty crying and sneezing, curled up next to a boulder. Blizzard was trying to calm him down, but it was clear he didn’t know what to do.

Thorne looked around once. Twice.

“Where’s Steel?!”

• Like 1

“Where’s Steel?!”

Thorne looked around, panic bordering the edge of his voice.

Rusty tried to say something, but all that would come is more sobs and sneezes.

Blizzard looked down, going quiet and instead just patting Rusty’s shoulder.

“WHERE IS HE?!” He sunk his claws into the ground, glaring at Rusty and Blizzard.

“Thorne! They aren’t going to be able to answer you when they’re crying!”

Thorne opened his mouth to say something, but then stopped and shut up. His fur stood on end, and he didn’t know whether to be mad or sad. Steel’s not that weak, so nothing should have happened, right? They’re just crying because of something else, right?

Once Melen calmed Rusty down, Thorne spoke again.

“Rusty, where’s dad?”

Rusty sneezed and looked up at Thorne. He tried his best not to break into tears.

“He.. He didn’t come up.. Dad, I-” Sneeze. “Dad I’m sorry.”

Thorne’s thoughts came to a stop for a moment. It took a moment for him to register that.

“He.. What happened?” His voice cracked a bit, but he was trying his best not to break down.

Rusty sneezed a few times, then walked over and buried his face in Thorne’s fur.

“It’s okay.. Just tell me what happened…” He just let Rusty do whatever he needed to keep himself calm.

“He.. I thought he could swim..” He sneezed, the force causing his head to yank away. He whimpered and buried his face in Thorne’s fur again.

Thorne took a few shaky breaths, looking down at the ground. He dug his claws into the ground, tears going down his face. He could lose someone that quickly? Was that really how it worked? Why? Steel didn’t deserve that…

-

Blizzard had walked away a while ago. Where was he going? Towards where he heard nichelings talking.

“Hey! Who are ya?” Oh the accent. The thick, legendary country girl accent.

Blizzard flicked his ear and stopped. He kept looking straight ahead, since looking at her wouldn’t do anything anyways.

“You gonna answer me? Or are ya gonna sit there like a rabbil in shock?” 

“I was here before you, whoever you are. So you tell me your name.”

“I’m Brikoi! Y’know, daughta of Missy! Er- Masinian.”

“Masinian… Haven’t heard that name in a while. Where is she?”

“Just keep goin’ forwards! That’s pretty much where everybody went!”

He nodded, started walking, but then stopped when he heard a mew. Ugh, there was a child somewhere?

“Where’d that come from?”

“Oh uh- That’s Fall! Ye wanna meet ‘em?”

Blizzard was about to refuse the offer, but then a thought popped into his mind. He nodded and flicked his ear. Brikoi walked over, then led him to the nest.

Fall stared up at Blizzard. The little one didn’t have a chance to react, because as soon as he made a noise his head was pushed down to the ground.

“Wh- Hey!” Brikoi quickly pushed Blizzard away, giving him a look as if he was insane. He couldn’t see her, but he could hear the fear in her voice. He snickered and walked away.

Brikoi turned back to Fall, rushing into the nest and curling around the little one. She didn’t see anything wrong, but Fall wasn’t making noises anymore. She started talking to the little one, hoping they’d start making noises again.

-

Blizzard had found the rest of the tribe. He was barely noticed because everyone was so focused on collecting food and being shocked at the two pairs of twins. Two pairs of twins? Yes, two pairs of twins. Echo, Call, Surface, and Tumbleweed. But lets ignore those four for now,

He flicked his ear, turning his head towards two voices. One of them seemed bored, and the other.. Wasn’t talking. They were making weird noises.

Blizzard walked over, and when they went silent he could tell he was close enough. He sat down, staring past them.

Aspen and Autumn looked at each other confusedly before looking back at Blizzard.

“Hello?”

“Hello.” He smiled and tilted his head a bit.

“I heard some.. Odd noises coming from over here. Is everything okay?”

“Oh uh- Yeah! That’s just Autumn.” He looked over at Autumn, who smiled nervously.

Something felt wrong. At least to Autumn. She didn’t like this dude. But what was she going to do about it? Just randomly start hissing at him?

Eventually, Aspen left to go take care of a newborn. What newborn, you may ask? Fall’s little sister, Debris. He didn’t exactly feel attached to the child, but he did have a responsibility.

That left Blizzard and Autumn. Autumn tried to speak, but all that came out were weird muffled noises, and some of them sounded like a dying rabbil but quieter. Blizzard gave her a weird look at first, but after a while he seemed to get used to it.

Blizzard seemed to be trying to lead her away from the others, but she did whatever she could to stall. She didn’t want to follow this random dude, especially when he gave her the creeps.

Blizzard just kept insisting, and at one point she just gave up and followed him. Why’d he have to be so annoying?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Masinian looked down at the two pink bundles of fur. Wow…  Again? Yeah, no, she’s done having children. The two standing beside her were annoying enough. She’s not even ready for the new little ones to start speaking.

She turned to look at Butch, who was collecting berries.

“Hey, grass breath, can you please watch Surface and Tumbleweed?”

He looked up and nodded. “Sure! Whatever you need.” He smiled and pulled the two pink ones closer to him. He then went back to picking berries and occasionally looking down at the sleeping twins.

Masinian sighed and turned back to Echo and Call.

“How about we go for a walk? I could teach you two how to hunt a rabbil or something.”

“Ooh! Ooh! Can I go first?”

“No, you both get to come with. Tumble and Surface need a break from your talking so that they can sleep easier.”

One of them huffed while the other had a wide smile on her face.

Masinian led them into the grass, going quite a bit away from the tribe while showing them the best ways to get a rabbil.

Suddenly, something ran past them a little distance away. Masinian perked her ears up and looked around. As soon as she saw it again, she narrowed her eyes.

“You two stay there, don’t split up.”

She started walking towards where she saw the flash of fur. Suddenly, something lunged at her from the side, and before she could respond she was on the ground with a bite in her neck. Her paws twitched, and after about a minute she just went limp.

The twins just stared in shock. What just happened?

“M-Mom?.. Are you okay..?”

“No, of course she isn’t! Look at her! Do you think that’s okay?!”

“B… But what just happened?”

One of them just whimpered and curled her tail around herself while the other slowly snuck forwards. It sounded like whomever did that had already left, but she wasn’t sure.

-

She shouldn’t have given in. She shouldn’t have left the group. She should’ve stayed near her brother. Why didn’t she follow her instincts?

She stared down at the child between her paws. The mix of emotions that came to her just when she looked at them.. It was almost unbearable. She doesn’t want to hate the child, but it’s hard to do so.

The child mewed at her for a while, and she just couldn’t bring herself to even try to respond.

After a while, Blizzard walked up to Autumn with a sweet smile on his face. Autumn bared her teeth at him with tears in her eyes. Blizzard just smirked and sat next to her in the nest.

“Awh, don’t worry pretty rosey~”

He tried to cuddle up next to her, but she yanked away and growled at him. She knew he would get his way, but she didn’t want it to happen. She just wanted to be left alone.

He sighed and looked down somewhere near where the noisy child was. “Spring doing good?”

Autumn looked down at the child, then back up at him. She narrowed her eyes, bringing the child closer to her. She let out a weird noise, but it just sounded like something was scratching her vocal cords.

“Stop. Stop making those weird noises. They’re dumb. Nobody understands it.”

She let out a low growl and curled up around the child. Her ears were peeled back, both out of fear and anger. She just looked away, not wanting to see him or the child.

-

Melen stared down at the bright pink bundle of fur laying in the nest beside her. She then looked up at Branits, who seemed ecstatic. She sighed and looked away. When he tried to get closer to see the child, she glared at him. He whimpered and backed away, sitting down next to Vipeje. Melen pushed the pink one towards him, then walked over and picked up Vipeje, who was about to walk into the grass.

“Go take Whoce to do something. Something that doesn’t involve me having to deal with her.”

“But she’s too young to-”

Melen hissed at him, and he shut up. He nodded sadly and picked up the tiny pink bundle. He walked off towards Thorne and Rusty, who had been avoiding other nichelings for quite a while. It had been days since anyone heard them speak. Only distant sneezing.

Melen put Vipeje down, and the little one stared at her confusedly. Melen just stared down at her until the little one turned away. Vipeje stared at the grass. It felt like someone was screaming for her, but Melen kept holding her back.

Melen didn’t hear anything. Why was the child so worried? Were they mistaking regular noises for the calls?

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

A lot of people do. Kat and Frog have been saying that for the past few days. :)

do they have info that I don’t? Sobs. But like also he was pretty bad prior to this so it could just be that-

1 minute ago, Flour said:

do they have info that I don’t? Sobs. But like also he was pretty bad prior to this so it could just be that-

fgsewgerhh if you wants ze spoilers just uh,, shoot me a PM on discord and I'll invite you to the server

Just now, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

fgsewgerhh if you wants ze spoilers just uh,, shoot me a PM on discord and I'll invite you to the server

Hmm... yes.. but also no but.. AAHHH hm.. yes.

Of course one of them went to get their father. You think two talkative little girls wouldn’t tell anyone?

“Who.. Who did this?” He walked over, curling up beside the limp Masinian.She stared at her, trying to find any excuse. It could be a joke- He could never tell what the twins would say or do. Masinian could be pretending. It could all be one big prank.

If.. If it was a prank, it was a cruel one. Butch hesitantly brought a paw to the wound. It was so real.. It wasn’t a joke, was it? He slowly took his paw off and stared at the blood that stained his paw. He looked back at Echo and Call. “Go… Go get Melen..” It was hard for him to speak without crying, but he somehow managed to do it. The girls nodded and ran. They were almost in perfect synchronization.

Surface, the frail pink twin without spots, slowly walked up and sat next to Butch. He looked down at her, tears in his eyes. How was he supposed to explain what death was to a child so young? Surface stared at Masinian blankly, then looked up at Butch. She seemed sad.. But not as much as a nicheling normally is when they lose someone. She just silently stared up at Butch, keeping eye contant. Thoughts raced through his mind as he stared back down at the child. Slowly, Surface cuddled up to his paw and layed down. She was so small and frail- Was there even any thoughts going through her mind? Butch started to tremble, but no matter how much he wanted to, he refused to cry. The only tears that came stayed in his eyes.

Tumbleweed just stayed where she was, staring at every little thing for a minute before looking at the next thing.

A few minutes later, Echo and Call came running back with a black and grey nicheling running between them. They were small- anything but an adult- but they ran right up to the body. She pushed her front paws off the ground, trying to stay on just her hindlegs for as long as she could before going back down. She kept repeating that, trying to get a good look at the wound.

Eventually, Melen showed up. She looked over at Butch, and he immediately picked up the pink twins and took a few steps back. She looked down at Echo and Call, narrowing her eyes.

“You two. You’re taller. Go help her get a look at it.” She motioned towards Vipeje, and the two nodded before darting over.

“But.. Melen, she’s a child-”

“And I’m going to be rotting by the next time you see me.” She snapped, glaring at him. He whimpered and lowered his head respectfully.

Melen went back to staring at the children and the body.

Vipeje was uncertain, but Melen nodded when she looked back at her. Vipeje took a deep breath and looked over at the twins. The fact that there was no difference between them creeped her out a bit. One of them saw how nervous she was and decided to sit down. Just so that something was different. She then smiled sweetly. Vipeje smiled back before clearing her throat and going back to trying to get a good look at the wound. The same twin that sat down then got up and walked over. They smiled, then lowered themselves a bit. Vipeje hesitantly put her front paws on their back, then stared at the wound. Once she was able to see it, she got off and took a step back. The twin got up and took a step back as well before sitting down again.

Vipeje looked back at Melen. Melen raised an eyebrow, and she looked kinda unimpressed.

“U-Uhm.. The wound doesn’t look very fresh.. It probably happened way earlier this morning… It’s a bite mark.. It looks like an adult’s teeth. Long snout.”

Melen looked over at the twins. “Is there anything you two saw?”

“White! Lots of white!”

“And mom! Mom dropped really fast!”

“The tree! The flash bounced off of the tree!”

“What? No he didn’t!”

“They didn’t..? Oh…”

Melen scoffed and rolled her eyes. She looked back at Vipeje. “You. Whatever your name was. Go look for someone white and fast.”

Vipeje stared at Melen for a moment. Did her mom not remember her name..? Was she that forgettable? She closed her eyes, kept them shut for a moment, then opened them. She nodded. “Yes mother.”

Melen narrowed her eyes.

“Er- Yes Melen.” Vipeje lowered her head respectfully, staring at the ground with wide eyes before darting away.

• Sad 2