Stray Fawn Community

Forever Following Blindly

Cloude

2 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

that darned colour coded writing amirite Stray Fawn Studio Community

cries in I have a focus problem and the colours are what make it so I can actually think properly-

8 hours ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Fall stared up at Blizzard. The little one didn’t have a chance to react, because as soon as he made a noise his head was pushed down to the ground.

“Wh- Hey!” Brikoi quickly pushed Blizzard away, giving him a look as if he was insane. He couldn’t see her, but he could hear the fear in her voice. He snickered and walked away.

Brikoi turned back to Fall, rushing into the nest and curling around the little one. She didn’t see anything wrong, but Fall wasn’t making noises anymore. She started talking to the little one, hoping they’d start making noises again.

BLIZZARD NOOOOOOO!

6 hours ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

She shouldn’t have given in. She shouldn’t have left the group. She should’ve stayed near her brother. Why didn’t she follow her instincts?

She stared down at the child between her paws. The mix of emotions that came to her just when she looked at them.. It was almost unbearable. She doesn’t want to hate the child, but it’s hard to do so.

The child mewed at her for a while, and she just couldn’t bring herself to even try to respond.

After a while, Blizzard walked up to Autumn with a sweet smile on his face. Autumn bared her teeth at him with tears in her eyes. Blizzard just smirked and sat next to her in the nest.

“Awh, don’t worry pretty rosey~”

He tried to cuddle up next to her, but she yanked away and growled at him. She knew he would get his way, but she didn’t want it to happen. She just wanted to be left alone.

He sighed and looked down somewhere near where the noisy child was. “Spring doing good?”

Autumn looked down at the child, then back up at him. She narrowed her eyes, bringing the child closer to her. She let out a weird noise, but it just sounded like something was scratching her vocal cords.

“Stop. Stop making those weird noises. They’re dumb. Nobody understands it.”

She let out a low growl and curled up around the child. Her ears were peeled back, both out of fear and anger. She just looked away, not wanting to see him or the child.

I hate him but also don't.... he had so much potential. What he did is horrible! I wanna bite his head off!

2 hours ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Melen scoffed and rolled her eyes. She looked back at Vipeje. “You. Whatever your name was. Go look for someone white and fast.”

Vipeje stared at Melen for a moment. Did her mom not remember her name..? Was she that forgettable? She closed her eyes, kept them shut for a moment, then opened them. She nodded. “Yes mother.”

Melen narrowed her eyes.

“Er- Yes Melen.” Vipeje lowered her head respectfully, staring at the ground with wide eyes before darting away.

What's wrong with Melen!? She's been extra Bi-chy for a while now. I liked her so much now she's turning into something I def do not like.

-

Very creative story so far. I'm curious about why the personalities are changing and the sickness. I need a family tree or something. I'm guessing males can have children in this universe. Or else Steel and Throne stole someone's kid. or adopted. Pink seems to be a very disliked color among this tribe. Children are good and cute so far but with how the parents are all losing their minds my hope for them are low. Poor souls are going to be murdering each other by next season. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

BLIZZARD NOOOOOOO!

I hate him but also don't.... he had so much potential. What he did is horrible! I wanna bite his head off!

What's wrong with Melen!? She's been extra Bi-chy for a while now. I liked her so much now she's turning into something I def do not like.

-

Very creative story so far. I'm curious about why the personalities are changing and the sickness. I need a family tree or something. I'm guessing males can have children in this universe. Or else Steel and Throne stole someone's kid. or adopted. Pink seems to be a very disliked color among this tribe. Children are good and cute so far but with how the parents are all losing their minds my hope for them are low. Poor souls are going to be murdering each other by next season. :)

Do you want to know the list of problems Blizzard is responsible for?

Melen finally decided that her job comes before any emotion. She's cutting off every bond.

They already are murdering each other I-

• Eek! 1

3 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Do you want to know the list of problems Blizzard is responsible for?

Melen finally decided that her job comes before any emotion. She's cutting off every bond.

They already are murdering each other I-

Maybe... if it's a twist, best to leave me in the dark so that I can be surprised.

That's sad. Probably why Melen can't hear the sick scream for them anymore. But I would prob do the same if some screaming is in my head every time someone gets sick/hurt.

True- but the babies (except Fall because I'm pretty sure he dead) still have a choice hopefully.

Just now, FawnCat said:

Maybe... if it's a twist, best to leave me in the dark so that I can be surprised.

That's sad. Probably why Melen can't hear the sick scream for them anymore. But I would prob do the same if some screaming is in my head every time someone gets sick/hurt.

True- but the babies (except Fall because I'm pretty sure he dead) still have a choice hopefully.

Mmmmmmm at this point it probably wouldn't change anything if you know the list of who he's hurt? Would probably just make you rethink some of the stuff that's happened. :)

Oh Melen's not even acting like that because of the screaming. The screaming stopped because she's slowly losing her abilities (old age stuff). She's just acting like that because she honestly believes that healers shouldn't have leisures. Only work. Which also means disowning her children.

Fall isn't dead. Just stopped responding with mews. His mind didn't exactly like his jaw almost being broken just for making a noise.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Mmmmmmm at this point it probably wouldn't change anything if you know the list of who he's hurt? Would probably just make you rethink some of the stuff that's happened. :)

Oh Melen's not even acting like that because of the screaming. The screaming stopped because she's slowly losing her abilities (old age stuff). She's just acting like that because she honestly believes that healers shouldn't have leisures. Only work. Which also means disowning her children.

Fall isn't dead. Just stopped responding with mews. His mind didn't exactly like his jaw almost being broken just for making a noise.

Well list away then. He's on my love to hate list right now but who knows he could be upgraded to 'I'll kill them with a spoon' list.

That makes it worst (Not the story just my level of liking Melen)

Placing my bets now. Fall is going to rule them all.

19 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

Well list away then. He's on my love to hate list right now but who knows he could be upgraded to 'I'll kill them with a spoon' list.

That makes it worst (Not the story just my level of liking Melen)

Placing my bets now. Fall is going to rule them all.

BJASHBFVHSB JG I WANT TO ADRESS THE OTHER TWO BUT JUST-

FALL RULING A TRIBE I CAN'T-

JHJSJNFDSJF

• Haha 1

BJASHBFVHSB JG I WANT TO ADRESS THE OTHER TWO BUT JUST-

FALL RULING A TRIBE I CAN'T-

JHJSJNFDSJF

I want Fall to be the KING of the lands!xD

• Haha 1

Waves were the first thing Cream heard after gaining consciousness, the sounds softly echoing in her ears. Wait-when did she get near the water? Opening her eyes, she lay there confused for a moment. Nothing looked familiar. Where was her tribe? Why was she here? The last thing she remembered was...did she fall in the river? That was the last thing she remembered doing-crossing the river. Although, that didn’t seem right.

This place reminded her of where she spent most of her life, a place with several small islands, broken up and floating on the waves. It definitely wasn’t her old home, though. She shakily stood up, shaking the sand out of her fur and looking at whatever island she had washed up on. It...smelled weird. Like another tribe lived here once-or, maybe they still did.

In the distance layed a short red silhouette. She seemed to be crying with two children snuggled up next to her. She didn’t seem to notice the nicheling that had woken up, as her ears rang with the mews of new lives. She seemed stressed, hints of both fear and anger evident on her face. Why were the children making so much noise? She was trying to calm them down- sing them a song- but it didn’t work. They didn’t even seem to hear a word she was saying. One of the children started trying to walk out of the nest, but she quickly pulled them back. They were older than the other, more aware and moving constantly.

“Please.. Spring you can’t leave..” She seemed like part of her wanted to just give up and let the child walk away, but there was also a need to keep them right next to her. 

Cream narrowed her eyes, watching the nicheling. Maybe they could help her? She started towards them, hoping they could tell her where in the world she was.

“Excuse me?” She asked hesitantly, stopping a few feet away. “Can you tell me what this place is? I...don’t think I’m supposed to be here.”

The red nicheling jumped a bit and looked up. Her eyes widened slightly, then she shook her head and tried to focus on the question. “This uh.. It’s just an island my parents woke up on.. And a lot of other parents.. And..” She looked back down at the children. She shivered a bit and shook her head again. She looked up at Cream. “You shouldn’t be here.. I don’t know when Blizzard will come back…” She lowered her voice a bit while saying that.

“Blizzard?” She asked, sitting down. “Well, I still need to get back home...somehow. I can’t exactly just leave. I don’t even know how I got here.” She just then noticed the children, looking down at them and smiling. “I need to get back to my family.” She stretched out, laying down in the grass and getting comfortable. “I’m gonna be here a while, mind chatting for a bit?”

Autumn blinked a few times. Her expression went from stressed to confused. “You.. You actually heard that..” She whispered under her breath. Her eyes widened slightly. “Uhm.. As long as you can be quiet about it. I don’t want him to think I’m talking to the rabbils again.” She smiled weakly, but only for a moment. She instinctively curled her tail around the children. Not in a rude way, more just in a protective mother sort of way.

Cream nodded, lowering her voice a bit. “I can do that. I’m so used to talking quiet that I might as well speak like that all the time-my son was a light sleeper.” She smiled fondly, something like a purr rumbling in her throat. “What are their names?” She asked, gesturing to the two children.  

She looked down at the children, putting a paw on the head of the older one. “This is Spring. It’s hard to get him to stay in one place.” She then moved her paw to the smaller child. That one seemed like a newborn. She was a lot lighter with her touch. “This one is Summer. He’s been coughing a lot, but I can’t exactly get Melen for help when Blizzard keeps me trapped here.”

She stopped for a bit, then gestured to her stomach. “And.. He’s hoping for a Winter..” She didn’t seem to be at all happy about that.

Cream shot her a concerned look, curling her tail around herself. “You...don’t seem to like him very much. But that’s not exactly my business.” She chuckled, absently rubbing the scar on her head out of habit. She did that a lot when she was thinking. 

“I’m guessing that Melen is your healer? Damn, that’s giving me memories. Had a good friend like that, I…” She paused, looking away with a sad smile. “I miss her. She never got a chance to come with us when we left, but her daughter is wonderful. I think of her as my own at times.”

Autumn whimpered a bit, trying to think of something to avoid them being sad. She’s not used to socializing- What do nichelings usually do when someone is sad? Hug them? She doesn’t know this nicheling! “Yeah. Melen’s the healer. I don’t know what her current state is though.. Last I knew, she was busy with her mate trying to take care of a child. I think the child might have had the abilities of a healer?” She was trying to remember what happened. She’s been so focused on keeping the children away from Blizzard that she forgot about the other nichelings completely. Well- not completely- but mostly.

“Can I ask you something though..?” She looked up at Cream, a mostly serious look on her face.

“Sure, I’m listening.” She straightened up a bit, craning her ears forward to listen. “Oh and, uh-” She laughed a bit, tapping her good paw against the ground. “Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself-I’m Cream.”

“Oh uh- Names- right.” She wasn’t used to saying her own name because others always spoke for her. “At-num? No, that doesn’t sound right. Awt-um.” She then cleared her through a bit, though it sounded more like a chirp. “Like I was saying.. Have you ever hated someone? Hated them so much that you wanted to hurt them?” She seemed to stiffen up a bit while saying that.

She froze for a moment, and wracked her brain, thinking back to her old tribe-her very old tribe, the one she was born in. Then, she came to an answer, nervously running her claws through the grass. “Yes, unfortunately.” She sighed, then continued. “I had a massive amount of half siblings-we all had the same father, since he was the only male in the tribe. I don’t know if I would consider that a blessing or a curse-but, anyway...none of them were big fans of me. I was always the weird one who talked to crabbits and couldn’t do anything because of my crippled paw. Even my mother treated me differently, she let me go off on my own while she kept my siblings close to protect them. That was almost the death of me after a bearyena showed up while I was out playing. There was one of my siblings though, that just...despised me. He couldn’t stand me for whatever reason.” She let out a shaky laugh, although it didn’t sound anywhere near humorous. “He poisoned my food once, to this day I still don’t know where he got those toxic berries. We lived in the damn mountains. My mother barely glanced at me while I was dying, before she just...left to go check on my sister. I would have died if some random wanderer hadn’t shown up. The point is...I hated my family. I still do sometimes. I wanted them all to just disappear so badly, but I’m me. I could never do that. Not in a million years.” She finished, taking a deep breath and dropping her head. “Sorry for the long winded story, I just...got caught up in the memories.”

She had to think of a place to start. “Blessing or curse.. It could be both.” She didn’t seem to be as scared as she was before. “That many siblings..? I couldn’t even imagine having more than one Aspen talking my ear off. And the fact that they were that cruel.. Just because you were a little different? That’s.. That’s just plain wrong..” She seemed genuinely concerned, but then shook her head to clear her thoughts again. She shook her head a lot, didn’t she? “And.. Blessing.. Everything can be a blessing in its own way. Yours sounds more like.. Experience. You’ve seen how bad nichelings can be.. But you don’t seem to be a hateful nicheling yourself. You seem like quite the opposite actually.” She looked her in the eyes, then stared at the sand.

She slowly moved her eyes to look at the children. The children weren’t making noises anymore because there was actually someone talking. “I can’t exactly say I can relate to what happened.. But I sort of have a situation where it can be both. There’s the curse.. Which is Blizzard. Everything about him and what he’s doing..” She dug her claws into the nest a bit, then sighed. “And.. Then there’s the blessing.” Her gaze softened, staring at the children. “It might be a struggle to keep them away from him.. And sometimes it even hurts to look at them.. But there’s still the feeling of joy. They’re my own.. I can’t just give up on them, no matter how much he hurts me.” A tear went down her face.. Then another.. Soon, she just broke down and curled up around the children.

Cream blinked, resisting the urge to leap forward and just hug this nicheling. She looked like she needed one-but Cream was a stranger. That would probably be more alarming than anything else. Instead, she hesitantly reached out her paw, resting it on Autumn’s shoulder. What else could she do? It was clear that she really needed to cry it all out-and sometimes, just sitting in silence was nice. Sometimes, just having actual company was nice-company that you actually wanted around.

Autumn tried her best to stop crying, and after a while she’d calmed down. It took a little while for her to think of something to say. What was she supposed to say after suddenly breaking down in front of someone she’s never met before? “S-Sorry about that…” She mumbled. She didn’t know what else to say or do. She felt like she ruined the conversation- But she couldn’t help it! She couldn’t just smile and be okay, there was too many emotions. Too many thoughts, so much stress- Does it ever stop?

“It’s alright.” She smiled. “Everyone needs to cry sometimes, it’s never good to hold in your emotions-trust me, that can lead to a lot of damage.” She stared at the ground for a moment, ear flicking in thought. Then she stood up, slowly getting closer and settling down next to Autumn. “May I?” She asked, gesturing to the spot.

She looked up at her, staring blankly before shaking her head to clear her thoughts. She then nodded. “Sure..” She glanced over at the two children. Had they fallen asleep because the ‘stories’ were too long? Yes. They just thought it was one of those stories nichelings tell before bed or something. Autumn then looked back at Cream, flicking an ear and trying to not get in the way of where she was trying to sit.

She smiled, laying down next to Autumn and stretching out. Wow, she was more exhausted than she initially thought. Maybe it was all the weird emotional storytelling, she didn’t usually talk to anyone about that stuff. Well, she had a couple of times with Peach and Wisteria, but...they weren’t there anymore. Not really knowing what to say, she just...decided to sing. Good enough way to break the tension, right?

“And when it rains on this side of town, it touches everything~” She sang softly, careful to not wake up the kids. “Just say it again and mean it, we don’t miss a thing-you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole, and you’ll sleep till May, and you’ll say that you don’t wanna see the sun anymore~”

She just put her head between her head and perked her ears up. She was in a coma for her childhood- She misses hearing songs. She’s just going to listen to the song, and maybe admire the nicheling next to her. Sh, nobody has to know what her thoughts are.

“And oh, how could you do it? I never saw it coming, and I need an ending-so why can’t you just stay long enough to explain?~” Cream’s voice kept growing quieter, until she fell silent, only breathing softly-presumably fast asleep. 

Autumn just smiled and closed her eyes. Wait- she can’t fall asleep! She has to stay awake and keep an eye out for Blizzard! She yanks her head up, blinking tiredly. She shook her head, trying to get the sleepy to go away. The sleepy? She just stays still, looking around. Eventually she starts humming the song to herself, trying to be as quiet as possible.

• Love 2

Quite some time later, Cream found herself waking up to the sound of-were...were those crickets? How long had she been asleep? Blinking open her eyes, she peered around, trying to see through the dark. She wasn’t exactly a cat though-she didn’t have night vision like Peach. 

She nearly jumped out of her fur when she heard a noise to her right, whipping her head around. She relaxed as she saw Autumn, the events of earlier flooding back. So, it wasn’t just a dream? She didn’t know if she should be disappointed or happy.

“I would say good morning if it weren’t the middle of the night.” She smiled weakly and tilted her head to the side a bit. Had she been awake this whole time? Yes. She wasn’t going to let Blizzard come back when there was someone here. Especially a female…

“You have a nightmare or something?”

“No, I...didn’t dream much of anything. Just crabbits-so pretty normal dream for me overall.” She yawned, stretching out her legs and shaking out her fur. She felt a lot more refreshed than she did earlier. She narrowed her eyes at Autumn, leaning a little closer. “Did...you sleep at all? You look exhausted!”

“I can’t. Two reasons actually.” She just blinked tiredly again. “One, I’m not letting Blizzard anywhere near you. If he comes back I have to be ready. Two, I don’t want to slip into another one of those coma things. Last time I woke up and there was a bunch of nichelings I didn’t know.. I don’t want that feeling again.” She didn’t seem necessarily focused on anything. She didn’t have night vision either, but she’d like to think she does. But hey, at least it’s better vision than Blizzard.

“Well, you can’t stay awake forever Autumn. And do you really think you could fight when you can barely keep your eyes open?” Her tone was almost joking, but she definitely seemed serious. “At least get a little sleep-you can wake back up and keep watch later. If you don’t sleep now then you’ll probably drop like a fly at some other point of the day when you need to be awake.”

“I’ll sleep when you’re back to where you were before, okay? I’ll promise. But I just.. Need to make sure he doesn’t come.” She REALLY didn’t want Blizzard to find her. She was too innocent to deal with someone like him. Or at least in her mind she was innocent.

She sighed, but nodded. Even though she was worried about her, she wasn’t going to argue. It was obvious she was dead set on staying awake. Before she even realized what she was doing, Cream shuffled closer, settling her head on Autumn’s shoulder and letting out a sigh. Give her a break-her brain was still foggy, dammit. 

And of course, like some cheesy romance movie, she started singing again. “What a strange being you are...God knows where I would be if you hadn’t found me sitting all alone in the dark.

AutumnXCreamAMomentInTime.png

• Love 3

Heights,, tallest to shortest

(Tall hecker woah)

-Prisponen

-Thorne

-Spring

-Summer

(Tall)

-Brikoi

-Masinian

-Echo & Call

(Average)

-Extra Raw Toast

-Butch

-Blizzard

-Pretich

-Aspen

-Branits

-Tumbleweed

-Melen

(Short)

-Surface

-Vipeje

-Fall

-Winter

-Debris

-Rusty

-Steel

-Whoce

(WOAH THAT’S A HECKIN’ SHORTY RIGHT THERE)

-Autumn

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

They had no idea what exactly happened. One moment Branits was talking, supposably happy, and the next moment he just dropped. Thorne was panicking a bit. What was Melen going to do when she came back and found her mate dead? She’d kill them!

While Thorne was panicking, Rusty stopped to look down at Whoce. She was just staring at her dad, no clear emotion on her face. Rusty’s gaze softened and he just stayed silent for a bit. Other than the sneezes. Cursed sneezes. When Whoce finally looked up at him, there were tears welling in her eyes. She didn’t say anything, just let the tears run down her face. Rusty couldn’t stand it. He couldn’t stand seeing the child cry. He pulled the child closer and wrapped his tail around them.

“It’s okay.. I know how it feels. I lost my father when I was a child too.. I still miss him.. But he’s in a better place. Your dad is going to that better place now.” He was whispering. Whoce stared up at him, blinking away the tears. She then buried her face into his fur, starting to tremble a little. Rusty held his breath for a moment to avoid sneezing, then shook his head and pulled the child into a hug. “It’s better there. He gets to be happy and do what he loves. And one day, when the day comes, you can join him. He’ll be there waiting for you when your soul is ready to go.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gore warning? Gore and death? I'm sorry?

Melen sat by the edge of the water, staring at the reflection of herself. She had close to no emotion shown. She only looked away when she heard something behind her. It was a weird clicking noise. Like a clicking noise someone makes when they’re trying to lure cats in. As soon as Melen caught a glimpse of them, she found herself pinned to the ground. She tried to say something, but water filled her lungs. How did she not notice she was being held underwater? She started trying to kick and claw at them, but it was all in vain. After a while she stopped struggling, her limbs slowly drifting down and resting next to the rest of her limp body.

Blizzard smirked, then flicked his ears when he heard someone running at him. He turned, and when the noise of paws against the sand stopped he ducked. Butch flew right over his head, then crashed down into the sand. Butch growled and pulled himself back up. He ran at Blizzard, who was knocked back onto the sand. Butch tried to bite at him, but Blizzard kicked him off.

They both quickly got back up on their paws, and Blizzard tackled Butch. Blizzard started using all his force, slamming his paw into Butch’s head repeatedly, ignoring the blood that started to soak his pure white fur.

After a while, he stopped. Butch had gone limp minutes ago, but he just needed to make sure. You can never trust a poison fang…

Blizzard flicked his ear and looked around. Wait- why was he looking? He can’t see anything!

“Who’s there?!”

“You… Mom.. Butch.. Why…”

Blizzard growled and lunged at the small creature. It sounded like a child, but he honestly didn’t care. Something knocked him right out of the air, and he came crashing down onto the sand. He growled, kicking at them. Luckily, she was small enough to avoid the kicks.

Autumn put her bearyena’s claw over his throat, sinking her claws into the side. “Yu. . . De-coor-v. . . t-i-k.” Autumn quickly yanked her claw, and cut straight through his throat.

Blizzard’s eyes went wide as he struggled to breath, blood pouring out through his neck. Autumn got off of him, shaking her fur and looking over at Vipeje. She ran over and picked up the child by the scruff, then ran back towards the rest of the tribe.

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 1

• Gore warning? Gore and death? I'm sorry?

Melen sat by the edge of the water, staring at the reflection of herself. She had close to no emotion shown. She only looked away when she heard something behind her. It was a weird clicking noise. Like a clicking noise someone makes when they’re trying to lure cats in. As soon as Melen caught a glimpse of them, she found herself pinned to the ground. She tried to say something, but water filled her lungs. How did she not notice she was being held underwater? She started trying to kick and claw at them, but it was all in vain. After a while she stopped struggling, her limbs slowly drifting down and resting next to the rest of her limp body.

Blizzard smirked, then flicked his ears when he heard someone running at him. He turned, and when the noise of paws against the sand stopped he ducked. Butch flew right over his head, then crashed down into the sand. Butch growled and pulled himself back up. He ran at Blizzard, who was knocked back onto the sand. Butch tried to bite at him, but Blizzard kicked him off.

They both quickly got back up on their paws, and Blizzard tackled Butch. Blizzard started using all his force, slamming his paw into Butch’s head repeatedly, ignoring the blood that started to soak his pure white fur.

After a while, he stopped. Butch had gone limp minutes ago, but he just needed to make sure. You can never trust a poison fang…

Blizzard flicked his ear and looked around. Wait- why was he looking? He can’t see anything!

“Who’s there?!”

“You… Mom.. Butch.. Why…”

Blizzard growled and lunged at the small creature. It sounded like a child, but he honestly didn’t care. Something knocked him right out of the air, and he came crashing down onto the sand. He growled, kicking at them. Luckily, she was small enough to avoid the kicks.

Autumn put her bearyena’s claw over his throat, sinking her claws into the side. “Yu. . . De-coor-v. . . t-i-k.” Autumn quickly yanked her claw, and cut straight through his throat.

Blizzard’s eyes went wide as he struggled to breath, blood pouring out through his neck. Autumn got off of him, shaking her fur and looking over at Vipeje. She ran over and picked up the child by the scruff, then ran back towards the rest of the tribe.

Good riddance Blizzard

• Paw up 1

(This'll take seperate posts,, just bare with me)

The tribe had all gathered in one spot, other than Aspen who stayed a little bit aways from the crowd with Summer and Sunrise. He had decided to watch then so that Autumn could take a break from all the stress. 

Thorne, the sole survivor of the beginning nichelings, was surrounded by happiness and warmth as he finally passed away from old age. Of course Rusty cried, but not for too long. He did have a feeling that his father wasn’t exactly as active as before, but it still hurt to see him go.

The tribe was discussing all the deaths that had happened, who was the child of who, where all the twins would end up, when suddenly a strike of lightening cam down behind where Autumn was standing. The nichelings immediately panicked and backed away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"The last beginner has fallen. If you wish to continue, I'd advise you start running while you still can."

"Yaya! And if you don't start moving..."

A weird dinging sound split through the air.

• Eek! 2

The nichelings all went to hold their head, headaches being common in this situation.

Once the echoes of the noise finally left the area, the nichelings uncovered their ears.

Suddenly, Tumbleweed started to choke. Vipeje ran up to her, trying to figure out what was wrong, but she didn’t seem to be choking on anything- just thin air. Tumbleweed doubled over, trying to breathe, which only made it worse for her. Her face started to show a blue-ish tint, probably from suffocation.

Everybody started to freak out, and Vipeje was trying to do something- anything- to help Tumbleweed.

Suddenly, Tumbleweed took a deep breath in, almost like she wasn’t getting oxygen before? She stumbled a bit, trying to balance. Her breathing quickened with her eyes widened. What just happened?

• Confused 1
  • Eek! 1

"You're such a showoff-"

"Hey! I'm just warning them! Giving them a little motivation!"

This time it was a snapping sound instead of a ding. Quick, but more painful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

-

Snap

Surface let out a yelp, and when the others looked they saw her laying in a weird position, almost like her spine was snapped but she wasn’t dying? Just like last time, Vipeje was the first to run over. Surface just whimpered and tried not to move, staring at her paw, which was stretched out in front of her face. She was scared, but just tried to stay focused on her paw. Maybe she could tune out the pain if she was distracted?

Waves of pain shot through her body, and she bit her bottom lip to muffle the screams. What was happening?

-

Shriek.

Spring immediately brought himself up to his paws and looked around. Autumn tried to reach for him, but he just started darting around in circles. The child was too fast for her- but why was he doing that?

Autumn looked around at the others. They were all still focused on trying to help Surface. She looked back down at Spring. He didn’t even seem to be thinking- He was just running. She whimpered and just watched him, hoping he’d stop at some point.

-

• Just a warning- This one’s a bit weird.

Shatter

Brikoi looked around when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes widened when she saw an unnatural crack splitting the air. “Wh-What’s that?” Rusty looked over at her, tilting his head. He looked over at where her gaze was, then looked back at her with a puzzled expression. Brikoi looked at him, then back up at the crack splitting the air. She watched as the crack started branching, and suddenly shot down right through Rusty’s head. She ran over. “RUSTY!” She reached out a paw to him, and he suddenly started trying to speak- but there was something wrong. Seriously wrong. His eyes weren’t there, almost like he never had eyes, and he just prolonged the first word he said. “IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-”

Brikoi took a step back, then turned and started running. She yelped when something stomped on her tail. She turned back to see Steel, but now his horns were tilted and running straight through each other. “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-”

She panicked and pushed him away. She yanked her tail back as he hit the ground. “GET AWAY FROM ME!” She yelled before turning and running as fast as she could.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vipeje looked around frantically. Rusty was trying to stop Brikoi from freaking out, but she eventually broke away and ran. Nobody could see where she went.

She looked over at Autumn, who was making a weird whining noise- like an animal in pain- while watching Spring speed around in circles. He was so abnormally fast that all she could see was a red blur and the occasional feather flying away with the wind. It hurt her eyes to try and figure out exactly where he was.

She looked back at Surface, who was sobbing uncontrollably and clawing into the ground. She kept opening and closing her eyes, trying to focus on Tumbleweed, who was talking to her to help Surface not focus on the pain.

-

Pop

Autumn froze when she heard a loud popping noise right next to her ear. She whipped her head around, but nothing was there. Suddenly, the pop was right in front of her. She stared in front of her. Nothing was there. She looked back down at Spring, who was still running in circles. She heard the pop again- but it was a little ways away. Should she follow it? She heard it again- and she saw a glimpse of something. It was Cream! She had to be quick before she got too far away!

She pounced onto Spring, and luckily she caught him. He started twitching a bunch, eyes darting around. She tried to ignore her concern, picking him up and looking over at Sunrise and Summer. She made a weird screechy noise, which caused them both to look over. She tapped her paw on the ground and they both came running. She motioned for them to follow as she starting running after Cream. She listened for every pop, following wherever it led her.

-

- Slight warning- just a little weird. Weird? Gruesome? Eh, I dunno how to explain it

Crunch

Debris watched as her new friends- er- cousins ran away with Autumn. She then looked up at Aspen, who just smiled nervously at her. She could tell he wanted to go chase Autumn, but he had to stay and watch her and Fall.

She looked over at Fall, who was trying to plan a way for them to sneak away. He didn’t care if he’d get yelled at by dad- the voice told them to run and now all this weird stuff is happening- he wants his sister to be safe.

Suddenly, something seemed to draw Debris closer to the closest berry bush. There was some sort of.. Urge. Like someone was reassuring her and guiding her towards something great.

She hesitantly picked a berry, then stared at it for a moment. She shoved it in her mouth and bit down, accidentally biting part of her paw as well. She spit the berry out and stared at her paw. Sure it hurt, but something about it seemed.. Oddly satisfying. She bit down on her paw, and the wave of pain that went through her quickly changed to a rush of adrenaline. She kept repeating the same thing- biting various spots around her paw and enjoying the rush of adrenaline it gave her. She didn’t even notice the blood coming from the bites, she just kept going.

-

- No more warning, s’all good

Bang

Echo jumped when a loud noise echoed around her. She looked around and saw Call laying on the ground. She nudged her sister with her wing, narrowing her eyes confusedly. He flinched when she heard the noise again. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw Aspen drop to the ground. She stared at him for a moment. The same noise repeated itself, and Rusty dropped unconscious. It happened a few more times, different nichelings dropping to the ground each time. She realized it was creating a trail. She broke into a run, following the trail, trying to figure out what was happening.

• Sad 2

Eventually, what was left of the tribe followed after where the others had ran off. Thos who were young or just couldn’t move were carried by the older nichelings. Vipeje was also finally tall enough to see things properly!

There were no new noises anymore, but those who were affected are still dealing with those problems. Everyone’s doing their best to keep going, but when they’re blocked by a deep river it’s kinda hard. Some of them just ran straight in, holding their breaths and trying to get through as quick as possible.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

9 hours ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

I knew it was coming and it was still sad to see Melen go... Well at least she didn't have to be part of the reaping. That was honestly scary... I enjoyed it , thanks.