Stray Fawn Community

Drone design for race

Irretio.drn <-- is the design saved as file because Nimbatus doesn't like connecting to Steam.

I was testing the grapple hook in the preview, I tested it in singleplayer, sumo, race, and catch. The grapple hook is very fun to use and extremely formidable. The drone that I designed uses the grapple hook to delay the enemy, so technically it is a puller. Because Nimbatus or my internet has a problem, I can't test it against other drones that aren't the AI drones, It would be awesome to see some YouTube vids or GIFs of my creation. Also If you have solutions to my problem with Nimbatus not Connecting to Steam problem, that would be nice because it has been bugging me ever since I first played it.

Hi SurrealSnapple.

I downloaded your drone and let it compete in the vs race tournament. You built a very clever, interesting and capable drone. Congratulations!

About GIFs. We're not yet sure if we will leave the grappling hook this way in the versus modes, because it might be too strong against all other older drones (and it's hard for beginners to counter). For that reason we're currently a bit hesitant about showing of this part (for versus mode) on social media (except for "please test this feature calls") :) I'll recommend this drone to @Roger, who's responsible for Nimbatus social media.

About not connecting to Steam. This sounds strange. Micha knows best, but he's currently on vacation :/ Does this only occur in the Preview Branch or also in the normal public branch? Do you start Nimbatus via the Steam Client or a shortcut on the desktop? Did you check that you did not set Steam to "Offline Mode"?

I hope we can fix this issue for you soon.

• Like 2

I did some testing using the hard difficulty enemies and Proton MK1 was Giving my drone the most problem. Several times the Proton nearly destroyed my drone before crashing in a turn or just winning. Nani also causes problems for the front grapples which was why I added the initial boost which counters that.

• 4 weeks later...