Stray Fawn Community

Of Broken Bonds and Cursed Lineage

Katumai

"This should be entertaining."

"Listen, I...do you really think this is a good idea?"

"Do you doubt me, !@*#%&?"

"No! But, well...remember what happened last time we messed with this stuff?"

"Last time? Pfft, that was hilarious! Why should we be worried about it this time?"

"Exactly, love. !@*#%&, since when do you care about the lives of mortals?"

"I...I don't. I promise."

"Then shut your trap so we can get to it already!"

"Patience, guys. They haven't even woken up yet."

"Oh! Speak of the devil!"

1622512547_Screenshot(666).thumb.png.35bf4a5966ea5af8dceb5d93bb744e19.png

Nine nichelings, after experiencing the last moments of their lives, wake to find themselves in a way different place than expected. This...wasn't supposed to happen when they died. They were supposed to be somepleace happy-why were they here, on this random island? And more importantly-why were they all here together, strangers?

(i know this is looking like a whole other playthrough but i talked to Foxy all night last night and i promise these things are going in different directions exrctfvyghuij dont kill me)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

"Um, excuse me? Could someone someone inform me on what the literal, actual hell is going on?"

"I'm....just as clueless as you are-wait, who are you?"

It didn't take long for a few nichelings to speak up, and it took an even shorter amount of time for one of them to start freaking out.

"Where am I? Idola?! Idola?! Where are you?!"

"This is...peculiar."

"Wow, ya'll need to calm down. We're all...probably just dreaming the same dream. Trust me, it's possible."

"That's kinda really dumb. Like, really dumb. Pipe up when you have something useful to say."

Things started getting real noisy when the children started speaking.

"Mom? Dad? Where are you?"

"....sister?"

"WHERE AM I?! WHERE'S MOM? I CAN'T BE HERE, I-"

Everyone began talking over eachother, resulting in noise that could probably heard two islands away. It only quieted down when an ear splitting crack rang through the air-everyone paused, looking up with wide eyes as the grey and red nicheling sat on a palm tree, holding a broken branch. She narrowed her eyes at them, and everyone stiffened under her piercing green gaze.

"One at a time, we can actually figure out what in the world is going on if we all stay calm. It's probably better if we all introduce ourselves-I'm Meara."

Everyone stayed silent for a moment, before one of the stranger nichelings stepped out of the crowd. She had gills, antlers, spiky body, and a strange pink-ish mask. She looked up at Meara with a neutral expression.

"Wisteria."

Meara nodded, a small smile gracing her face as she gestured to the brown and cream male.

He looked a bit nervous, before shaking his head and straightening up.

"I-I'm Chestnut."

Things continued on from there, each nicheling introducing themselves. It took a hot minute to get the screaming child calm enough to even say a word.

"Lemonzest..." The yellow spotted male.

"Cherry." The winged female.

"I'm Syrup-don't laugh, I know it's dumb." The very brown male with even browner eyes. Wow, who can handle that much brown?

"Unless." The blind child.

"Unless what?"

"Unless. That's just my name-yes, my mother doesn't care for me much."

"I'm Cream..." The brown and white child, who immediately shrunk back as everyone looked at her.

"P-Peach Meringue, just call me Peach...where am I? Where's mom?" The orange child who was still mildly freaking out.

"Is that everyone?" Meara questioned, scanning the crowd. Nobody spoke up.

"Alright-I say we get moving. Sitting this close to the water is making me antsy."

1269824740_Screenshot(669).thumb.png.818e0593856fab70c82f2cea22bb4207.png

(shhhh i know that she isnt actually on the tree but give her a break, poor girl cant fly xrtcyvugbh)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

(shhhh i know that she isnt actually on the tree but give her a break, poor girl cant fly xrtcyvugbh)

The power of roleplay and storytelling! Gives nichelings extra abilities^^

• Paw up 1

The group decides to split off a bit to go get some stuff done-they didn't have food afterall.

Wisteria, Syrup and Lemonzest all went down to the shore. Wisteria because she was about to kick someone if she didn't jump in the water, Lemonzest because he could collect shells and seaweed, and Syrup because he could actually fish.

Chestnut went to go find some stagmoles or rabbils, Peach quickly trailing after him-she seemed to find his prescence welcoming.

Cream stuck close to Meara, and it was strange to see how the little one had latched onto her so fast. Maybe she just wanted to feel safe.

"Hey guys! Look what I found!"

Meara craned her head, staring in awe at Cherry, who seemed to have found a tree. She was perched on top of it, looking up at the sky with closed eyes.

Meara stepped up to it, glancing back briefly as Cream basically clung to her tail. 

"Good job! Now we have a reliable food source, and I have an actual place to sit-"

"A place for you to sit?" Cherry scoffed, folding her wings tightly against her sides as she narrowed her eyes at the other nicheling. "I'm the one who found it-hell, you can't even fly! Who died and made you leader?"

Meara noticebly bristled at that remark, glaring heatedly at Cherry.

Noticing she may have struck a nerve, Cherry smirked, leaning down closer to Meara. "Oh, did someone die?"

"SHUT YOUR TRAP!" Meara snapped, raising her claws to swipe the smug female in the face. She froze however, looking back at the wide-eyed Cream. Hesitantly, she lowered her paw with a frustrated sigh, backing away with one last glare towards Cherry.

1961572805_Screenshot(670).thumb.png.fc95248f2ba454cbc4c353b8ca28f654.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Almost as soon as the three got down to the shore, it started raining. Lemonzest and Wisteria didn't mind much, the latter simply diving into the ocean like her life depended on it.

Lemonzest and Syrup walked down the shore, Lemonzest picking up any clams they passed upon and Syrup snagging any fish that darted past him. It was strangely calm, although Syrup had never been a big fan of the rain, it helped him sort out his thoughts at the moment.

"Hey um, do you mind if we sit down for a minute? I just...wanna relax in the rain, it's always felt nice..."

"Sure." Syrup smiled, settling down next to the yellow nicheling. Lemonzest closed his eyes, sucking in a deep breath as he basked in the cold water hitting his fur.

The silence felt nice, but something was bothering Syrup.

"Hey uh, Lemonzest-that's your name, right?-mind if I ask something?"

Lemonzest nodded, only sparing him a glance before closing his eyes again. 

"When we all woke up, you were calling out for someone-Idola? Was that it?"

The yellow male's eyes snapped open, and he stared at Syrup for a moment, before dropping his gaze and giving a strained smile.

"Oh, Idola is my daughter. I'm just...scared for her. She could very well be alone right now, my tribe didn't exactly know about her."

"What about her mother? I'm assuming that she at least knows."

At those words, Lemonzest stiffened, looking away. He smiled at the sand, but Syrup could tell it was fake. 

"Her mother...does know, but she-...doesn't really care. She never even wanted Idola, she only...wanted to move on I guess. Hell, she never even loved me."

Syrup stared in shock at the other male, watching as he wiped a stray tear from his face. His eyes were still intently locked on the sand.

"I-I always loved her. I don't care that she hated me, and called me stupid and annoying, and told me that I should just die already-I...I loved her so much, and I still do, and I can't stop-"

Silence fell between the two as Lemonzest cut off, Syrup watching with wide eyes as he started sobbing uncontrollably. The yellow nicheling dug the claws on his left paw into the flesh on his head, and Syrup could see tiny beads of blood roll down his fur.

He didn't do anything for a few heartbeats. Then he reached out his paws, gently pulling Lemonzest's paw away from his head and holding it between his own two paws. Lemonzest looked up, staring into his eyes. 

Syrup smiled. "It's alright to love someone, even...if they hurt you. You just have to acknowledge their faults and recognize that not everything is on you. Some people are just, mean-spirited. Just know that if someone really hurts you bad, then maybe they don't deserve your sympathy or love. She chose to be a horrible person and mother, not you. Don't put yourself down over it, okay? I can tell you've been lonely for a lot of your life, Lemonzest. Just know that won't be the case anymore."

Lemonzest didn't say a word, and Syrup started wondering if he said something wrong. That was, until he broke out into a genuine smile, lurching forward and wrapping Syrup in a hug. Startled, Syrup stiffened for a moment, before returning the gesture. The two sat like that for a good while, forgetting all about their task.

557476996_Screenshot(671).thumb.png.c8ff06e13ea7b33bef58c6aefc6ad7e6.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Meara decided to call a meeting, ignoring Cherry's remarks about her not being leader.

"I have come to the conclusion that in order to be a proper tribe, we need to expand it." Several nichelings looked uncomfortable at that, very quickly catching onto what she meant. She saw a few send glares to Cream, and Meara pulled her closer with her wing. "I'm aware that it's not ideal, as we barely even know eachother, but I do believe it's necessary. Not all of you have to do it, preferably just a couple of children from me. I've even picked out a mate out of the males here."

Syrup and Lemonzest immediately backed way, leaving only Unless and Chestnut at the front. Unless was still a kid, so that left...

"Oh no...."

2049976689_Screenshot(672).thumb.png.861b23a5c799db3b108256f69426e292.png

• Haha 1

A few days later, Meara gives birth to an odd looking son. She seems uncomfortable just looking at him.

"He's cute!" Cream said, smiling down at the baby. Meara gently pushed her back, almost looking...afraid? That the baby would hurt her?

She dropped the baby in front of Chestnut.

"Take him."

"But, why?"

"Just take him!"

431685269_Screenshot(674).thumb.png.692ca2308de8677db0f5e2efb36e4d3e.png

• Like 2

Cream sat idly by the river, keeping an eye on the baby. She turned around, hearing a familiar clicking sound.

She leaned over the ledge, peering down into the sand and letting out a small gasp. A crabbit stared back at her, its claws pinching the air. 

"I had a friend like you back at home!" Cream nearly squealed, flopping down into the sand in front of the crabbit. 

The creature merely stared at her with it's beady eyes, ignoring Cream's soft giggles as she smiled at it.

"It's okay, my last friend wasn't very talkative either!"

429353534_Screenshot(675).thumb.png.cbf2c30d2de0f2c1b07c327ac94c7000.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

"She's gone too far this time!"

"I agree Fenax, but remember, we have to be rational about this. We're better than her and whatever minions she has."

"But Shark, how exactly are you planning to get back at her? Don't forget how she could easily reverse everything we do."

"Well, Sunglow-why don't we make it a bit more...entertaining for her?"

"...isn't that the last thing we wanna do?"

"I don't think you're catching on-you know, nevermind. I'll simplify my words for you Shyla, I understand that your brain is fairly slow."

"Hey! That's not nice!"

"I propose that we send out a curse."

"A curse? What is that going to solve?"

"Oh, you'll see. You'll see....."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Meara stared down at her new baby, pride swelling in her chest as the little girl yawned.

"Aww! Look at her!"

Cream leaned her head down, glancing to her right to make sure Oarfish was okay. 

The baby slowly opened her eyes, locking her gaze onto the smiling Cream. The baby smiled back, reaching out her paw and touching Cream on the head.

Suddenly, Cream stumbled back, screeching. Meara bolted upright, taking a step out of the nest and towards her.

"Cream! Are you okay-"

Meara paused, staring in shock as Cream clutched her head, before pulling away her paw to see blood. A lot of blood, actually. 

Now that Meara looked closer, there might very well be a crack in her skull, exactly where the baby had touched her.

Seeing the blood, Cream started getting lightheaded, before tumbling over and blacking out. Chestnut darted over, crouching next to the unconcious Cream as he stared in fear at his own child.

1159077175_Screenshot(679).thumb.png.41191c55d380940e8a5766af06bc9307.png

(the baby is named Tafune, btw)

• Sad 3
  • Eek! 1

"Catch!"

Cherry tossed down another acorn, watching as Wisteria caught in in her paws and cracked it open. 

Cream lay a few feet away, breathing softly with moss pressed against the wound on her head. She seemed strangely serene for the condition she was in, although that was probably because she was asleep. She hadn't woken up in a few days.

"What even happened?"

Wisteria looked up at Cherry, raising an eyebrow as she gestured to Cream. Cherry shrugged, tossing down another acorn.

"Dunno, I think Meara said she hit her head on a rock? Not surprised, she's never been very bright."

1539111963_Screenshot(680).thumb.png.3d783fe22abecc6f952d74560b2f430e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

"Catch!"

Cherry tossed down another acorn, watching as Wisteria caught in in her paws and cracked it open. 

Cream lay a few feet away, breathing softly with moss pressed against the wound on her head. She seemed strangely serene for the condition she was in, although that was probably because she was asleep. She hadn't woken up in a few days.

"What even happened?"

Wisteria looked up at Cherry, raising an eyebrow as she gestured to Cream. Cherry shrugged, tossing down another acorn.

"Dunno, I think Meara said she hit her head on a rock? Not surprised, she's never been very bright."

1539111963_Screenshot(680).thumb.png.3d783fe22abecc6f952d74560b2f430e.png

I saw cursed in the notification first, and thought you commented on Cursed Mysteries.

Lemonzest and Syrup were gathered around Peach, looking at the baby resting peacefully against her belly.

"What's her name?" Lemonzest asked, smiling down at the little one. 

"Palace." Peach smiled softly, looking at her baby with more fondness than anyone had ever seen on her in the time they knew her.

Syrup squinted at the baby, only noticing that it might seem like he was being malicious when Lemonzest nudged him.

"So um, who's her dad?"

Peach only chuckled nervously, curling her tail tighter around Palace as she looked away awkwardly.

1234685620_Screenshot(682).thumb.png.88a457877e4ed53f62aafd1a09f6c363.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

Lemonzest and Syrup were gathered around Peach, looking at the baby resting peacefully against her belly.

"What's her name?" Lemonzest asked, smiling down at the little one. 

"Palace." Peach smiled softly, looking at her baby with more fondness than anyone had ever seen on her in the time they knew her.

Syrup squinted at the baby, only noticing that it might seem like he was being malicious when Lemonzest nudged him.

"So um, who's her dad?"

Peach only chuckled nervously, curling her tail tighter around Palace as she looked away awkwardly.

1234685620_Screenshot(682).thumb.png.88a457877e4ed53f62aafd1a09f6c363.png

The red and pink nicheling standing behind you two, ye dumdums shshshshs-

• Haha 1

Peach lay in her nest, resting as she watched Palace and Tafune play. Palace was smaller, but not by much. She was definitely growing fast.

It was mostly just the two running around eachother, so Peach wasn't too worried about anyone getting hurt.

"I'm gonna catch ya!" Tafune called to Palace, trying to catch her as the much faster nicheling darted around.

"No you wont!"

Peach smiled as she watched the two, feeling herself doze off momentarily. Just a minute or two wouldn't hurt....

She was wrong.

Just seconds later, she was jolted awake by a blood curdling scream. Her eyes snapped open, staring at the two children.

Palace was curled up, screaming in pain as Tafune stared in shock. Peach ran over, nudging Tafune out of the way to get a better look at her daughter. 

Peach nearly gagged at the sight. Palace's paw was twisted horribly, and she could see the bone jutting out. Peach carefully picked her up, rushing her over to the nest as Tafune followed behind. 

"I-I didn't mean to! All I did was pounce on her!"

Peach ignored her, dropping Palace gently into the nest and ripping some tall grass out of the ground.

"I can help!-"

Whipping around, Peach hissed in fury at the child, shoving her away violently. 

"Don't come anywhere near her!"

Just then, Meara ran over, nudging Tafune.

"What in the world-"

She cut herself off, noticing the sobbing Palace's paw. She stared in shock for a moment, before taking a few steps away from Tafune and gesturing for her to go to her father.

1917782273_Screenshot(684).thumb.png.5634506b4b1e2c52c0000e7b96091093.png

• Sad 2

Meara sat down next to the tree, looking down at the still asleep Cream.

"Has she woken up at all?"

"Nope!"

Cherry was still perched on that damn tree, gnawing open an acorn. As much as Meara hated her, she was the only one that could fly, so she had to be up there and keep a lookout.

She sighed, laying down next to Cream and gently running her paw through the soft fur on her back. Guilt overwhelmed her everytime she looked at her.

Honestly, she almost wishes that Tafune had never been born.

She's brought nothing but trouble.

379123618_Screenshot(685).thumb.png.80208a4a9b1159e6807686eb6980036a.png

• Sad 2

Lemonzest is curled up in his nest, softly humming to the ball of pink fur curled up beside him.

Syrup sits next to him, head resting on his shoulder as he looks fondly at their son.

The two sit in a comfortable silence, only them, their baby, and the soft sounds of the rain.

1553361853_Screenshot(686).thumb.png.0f4df3cf0bceadb934713fa00dc7dfe3.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Possum Girl said:

Lemonzest is curled up in his nest, softly humming to the ball of pink fur curled up beside him.

Syrup sits next to him, head resting on his shoulder as he looks fondly at their son.

The two sit in a comfortable silence, only them, their baby, and the soft sounds of the rain.

1553361853_Screenshot(686).thumb.png.0f4df3cf0bceadb934713fa00dc7dfe3.png

I love them so much I swear if anything happens to them I will cry

• Like 1

not exactly an update, but heres a little photo of Lemonzest and Syrup's kids-

1300894190_Screenshot(688).thumb.png.d371bacc94ad9093384a07960d4b96a5.png

Staja is on the left, Paradise in the middle and Tikere on the right (unfortunately my random generator made all three of them cursed-)

Staja has some serious issues, Paradise is withdrawn from his family and tribe because he's horrified of hurting people, and Tikere is a twitchy baby who can barely keep his thoughts straight (thats not his curse, but its basically how he copes with it)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

not exactly an update, but heres a little photo of Lemonzest and Syrup's kids-

1300894190_Screenshot(688).thumb.png.d371bacc94ad9093384a07960d4b96a5.png

Staja is on the left, Paradise in the middle and Tikere on the right (unfortunately my random generator made all three of them cursed-)

Staja has some serious issues, Paradise is withdrawn from his family and tribe because he's horrified of hurting people, and Tikere is a twitchy baby who can barely keep his thoughts straight (thats not his curse, but its basically how he copes with it)

My!

• Confused 1