Stray Fawn Community

Of Broken Bonds and Cursed Lineage

Katumai

13 minutes ago, You dare question Lisa? said:

Why didn't they leave him behind? Did posh not say anything?

She can't

12 minutes ago, Flour said:

Posh is mute I believe 

^^

As soon as they arrived at the new island, Tikere flung himself forward, far away from the lapping waves that had been freaking him out the whole way.

He hated water.

His tribemates joined him one by one, stepping onto the bright pink flowers.

How could they just stand in those so easily? They could be poisonous! 

The familiar feeling of his curse set in, and he stiffened, shaking his head like he always did. It had been nearly absent through most of the journey since everyone had been focused on one thing, but now it was flaring up again.

Everyone's thoughts flooded his head at once, and it felt like a tidal-wave had hit him. Not like he could do anything about it.

"Finally! I thought we'd never get here!"

Tafune stretched out, pausing when her wing knocked against a berry bush and sent it tumbling into the sea, snapped in half.

"Son of a-"

Palace hopped up next to her, seemingly unafraid of her curse-strange considering what happened when they were children. She craned her ears forward, listening for anything dangerous.

"Seems clear!"

Posh stayed mostly near the ports, too busy staring at all the pretty flowers to contribute much.

She really liked flowers.

Cream sat down next to her, gently holding her son-Hershey-close as she sniffed the air, relieved to find that Palace seemed to be right about it being safe.

After checking that it was all good, the now much smaller tribe made their way into the grass.

525493917_Screenshot(709).thumb.png.77f858fb821b0201a1aff32043e8157a.png

• Like 2

Tafune sat next to a couple of berry bushes, staring blankly at them as the rain softly hit the leaves. It's not like she could pick them, they would just end up crushed. She couldn't hunt, the prey would just explode under her paws. 

She could barely even eat-

She was useless here.

Just a burden. A horrible, cursed burden.

"Tafune?"

"Hey, Palace."

She didn't lift her gaze from the bushes even as the other female sat down next to her-a little too close if you asked Tafune.

Even as she acted cold, Palace smiled at her. It made her feel happy, but it also hurt. It hurt in a way that she couldn't even begin to describe, even if she wanted to.

It hurt to know that she could never reach out and touch her, even though she wanted to, just to check that she was actually real. How could she be real? Someone so perfect? Someone who wasn't scared of her? She couldn't be. It was that simple. She had to be in her imagination.

That was the only explanation.

"Are you going to pick any, or are just going to stare at them until they pick themselves?"

She was joking. Tafune knew it from her tone. But the words still stung.

"You know I can't Palace, pay attention more often." 

She snapped. She was mean to her-she didn't mean it, please let Palace understand that she didn't mean it.

Thankfully, the other female just shrugged, settling down and staring into the distance. Palace was one of the few nichelings she knew that actually liked rain.

"You don't have to isolate yourself so much, y'know. No one here hates you."

Tafune scoffed, whipping her head around to glare at Palace. 

"Yeah, sure. Do you want someone to get hurt again? I'm dangerous, Palace! Look what I did to you!"

She gestured to Palace's twisted paw-still screwed up after never healing right-and let out a hiss, raking her claws through the ground.

Palace flinched at the words, looking down at it sadly. "You and I both know that was an accident, Tafune. I'm not holding it against you, so you shouldn't hold it against yourself."

She didn't say anything, and the two sat in strained silence for a few heartbeats.

Then, Palace stood up, and slowly started towards Tafune. She backed away a little, panicking.

"Wh-what are you doing? Palace, stay back."

That didn't seem to deter her at all, and she just kept walking forward. Tafune closed her eyes, whispering for her to stay away.

Then, she felt something against her chest. 

She opened her eyes, staring in shock down at Palace-who had her head pressed against Tafune's chest, resting just under her chin.

"See? You aren't going to hurt me."

Tafune didn't move a muscle, fearing that she would hurt her all over again if she did.

Even though she was scared, it felt...nice to touch someone. She hadn't done that in forever.

The two sat there for most of the day, Palace curled up against Tafune. Even though she lay there in fear, whoever sent this curse seemed at least a bit merciful.

1453939449_Screenshot(711).thumb.png.26252a5d8824d533b3f7f15aee0374d2.png

• Eek! 2

I was thinking Tafune can't touch others but that doesn't stop someone from touching her. But I also fear that she'll end up trusting the wrong Niche and get killed. Cream and her children are just the cuties! I adore them all so far.

Waves were the first thing Cream heard after gaining consciousness, the sounds softly echoing in her ears. Wait-when did she get near the water? Opening her eyes, she lay there confused for a moment. Nothing looked familiar. Where was her tribe? Why was she here? The last thing she remembered was...did she fall in the river? That was the last thing she remembered doing-crossing the river. Although, that didn’t seem right.

This place reminded her of where she spent most of her life, a place with several small islands, broken up and floating on the waves. It definitely wasn’t her old home, though. She shakily stood up, shaking the sand out of her fur and looking at whatever island she had washed up on. It...smelled weird. Like another tribe lived here once-or, maybe they still did.

In the distance layed a short red silhouette. She seemed to be crying with two children snuggled up next to her. She didn’t seem to notice the nicheling that had woken up, as her ears rang with the mews of new lives. She seemed stressed, hints of both fear and anger evident on her face. Why were the children making so much noise? She was trying to calm them down- sing them a song- but it didn’t work. They didn’t even seem to hear a word she was saying. One of the children started trying to walk out of the nest, but she quickly pulled them back. They were older than the other, more aware and moving constantly.

“Please.. Spring you can’t leave..” She seemed like part of her wanted to just give up and let the child walk away, but there was also a need to keep them right next to her. 

Cream narrowed her eyes, watching the nicheling. Maybe they could help her? She started towards them, hoping they could tell her where in the world she was.

“Excuse me?” She asked hesitantly, stopping a few feet away. “Can you tell me what this place is? I...don’t think I’m supposed to be here.”

The red nicheling jumped a bit and looked up. Her eyes widened slightly, then she shook her head and tried to focus on the question. “This uh.. It’s just an island my parents woke up on.. And a lot of other parents.. And..” She looked back down at the children. She shivered a bit and shook her head again. She looked up at Cream. “You shouldn’t be here.. I don’t know when Blizzard will come back…” She lowered her voice a bit while saying that.

“Blizzard?” She asked, sitting down. “Well, I still need to get back home...somehow. I can’t exactly just leave. I don’t even know how I got here.” She just then noticed the children, looking down at them and smiling. “I need to get back to my family.” She stretched out, laying down in the grass and getting comfortable. “I’m gonna be here a while, mind chatting for a bit?”

Autumn blinked a few times. Her expression went from stressed to confused. “You.. You actually heard that..” She whispered under her breath. Her eyes widened slightly. “Uhm.. As long as you can be quiet about it. I don’t want him to think I’m talking to the rabbils again.” She smiled weakly, but only for a moment. She instinctively curled her tail around the children. Not in a rude way, more just in a protective mother sort of way.

Cream nodded, lowering her voice a bit. “I can do that. I’m so used to talking quiet that I might as well speak like that all the time-my son was a light sleeper.” She smiled fondly, something like a purr rumbling in her throat. “What are their names?” She asked, gesturing to the two children.  

She looked down at the children, putting a paw on the head of the older one. “This is Spring. It’s hard to get him to stay in one place.” She then moved her paw to the smaller child. That one seemed like a newborn. She was a lot lighter with her touch. “This one is Summer. He’s been coughing a lot, but I can’t exactly get Melen for help when Blizzard keeps me trapped here.”

She stopped for a bit, then gestured to her stomach. “And.. He’s hoping for a Winter..” She didn’t seem to be at all happy about that.

Cream shot her a concerned look, curling her tail around herself. “You...don’t seem to like him very much. But that’s not exactly my business.” She chuckled, absently rubbing the scar on her head out of habit. She did that a lot when she was thinking. 

“I’m guessing that Melen is your healer? Damn, that’s giving me memories. Had a good friend like that, I…” She paused, looking away with a sad smile. “I miss her. She never got a chance to come with us when we left, but her daughter is wonderful. I think of her as my own at times.”

Autumn whimpered a bit, trying to think of something to avoid them being sad. She’s not used to socializing- What do nichelings usually do when someone is sad? Hug them? She doesn’t know this nicheling! “Yeah. Melen’s the healer. I don’t know what her current state is though.. Last I knew, she was busy with her mate trying to take care of a child. I think the child might have had the abilities of a healer?” She was trying to remember what happened. She’s been so focused on keeping the children away from Blizzard that she forgot about the other nichelings completely. Well- not completely- but mostly.

“Can I ask you something though..?” She looked up at Cream, a mostly serious look on her face.

“Sure, I’m listening.” She straightened up a bit, craning her ears forward to listen. “Oh and, uh-” She laughed a bit, tapping her good paw against the ground. “Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself-I’m Cream.”

“Oh uh- Names- right.” She wasn’t used to saying her own name because others always spoke for her. “At-num? No, that doesn’t sound right. Awt-um.” She then cleared her through a bit, though it sounded more like a chirp. “Like I was saying.. Have you ever hated someone? Hated them so much that you wanted to hurt them?” She seemed to stiffen up a bit while saying that.

She froze for a moment, and wracked her brain, thinking back to her old tribe-her very old tribe, the one she was born in. Then, she came to an answer, nervously running her claws through the grass. “Yes, unfortunately.” She sighed, then continued. “I had a massive amount of half siblings-we all had the same father, since he was the only male in the tribe. I don’t know if I would consider that a blessing or a curse-but, anyway...none of them were big fans of me. I was always the weird one who talked to crabbits and couldn’t do anything because of my crippled paw. Even my mother treated me differently, she let me go off on my own while she kept my siblings close to protect them. That was almost the death of me after a bearyena showed up while I was out playing. There was one of my siblings though, that just...despised me. He couldn’t stand me for whatever reason.” She let out a shaky laugh, although it didn’t sound anywhere near humorous. “He poisoned my food once, to this day I still don’t know where he got those toxic berries. We lived in the damn mountains. My mother barely glanced at me while I was dying, before she just...left to go check on my sister. I would have died if some random wanderer hadn’t shown up. The point is...I hated my family. I still do sometimes. I wanted them all to just disappear so badly, but I’m me. I could never do that. Not in a million years.” She finished, taking a deep breath and dropping her head. “Sorry for the long winded story, I just...got caught up in the memories.”

She had to think of a place to start. “Blessing or curse.. It could be both.” She didn’t seem to be as scared as she was before. “That many siblings..? I couldn’t even imagine having more than one Aspen talking my ear off. And the fact that they were that cruel.. Just because you were a little different? That’s.. That’s just plain wrong..” She seemed genuinely concerned, but then shook her head to clear her thoughts again. She shook her head a lot, didn’t she? “And.. Blessing.. Everything can be a blessing in its own way. Yours sounds more like.. Experience. You’ve seen how bad nichelings can be.. But you don’t seem to be a hateful nicheling yourself. You seem like quite the opposite actually.” She looked her in the eyes, then stared at the sand.

She slowly moved her eyes to look at the children. The children weren’t making noises anymore because there was actually someone talking. “I can’t exactly say I can relate to what happened.. But I sort of have a situation where it can be both. There’s the curse.. Which is Blizzard. Everything about him and what he’s doing..” She dug her claws into the nest a bit, then sighed. “And.. Then there’s the blessing.” Her gaze softened, staring at the children. “It might be a struggle to keep them away from him.. And sometimes it even hurts to look at them.. But there’s still the feeling of joy. They’re my own.. I can’t just give up on them, no matter how much he hurts me.” A tear went down her face.. Then another.. Soon, she just broke down and curled up around the children.

Cream blinked, resisting the urge to leap forward and just hug this nicheling. She looked like she needed one-but Cream was a stranger. That would probably be more alarming than anything else. Instead, she hesitantly reached out her paw, resting it on Autumn’s shoulder. What else could she do? It was clear that she really needed to cry it all out-and sometimes, just sitting in silence was nice. Sometimes, just having actual company was nice-company that you actually wanted around.

Autumn tried her best to stop crying, and after a while she’d calmed down. It took a little while for her to think of something to say. What was she supposed to say after suddenly breaking down in front of someone she’s never met before? “S-Sorry about that…” She mumbled. She didn’t know what else to say or do. She felt like she ruined the conversation- But she couldn’t help it! She couldn’t just smile and be okay, there was too many emotions. Too many thoughts, so much stress- Does it ever stop?

“It’s alright.” She smiled. “Everyone needs to cry sometimes, it’s never good to hold in your emotions-trust me, that can lead to a lot of damage.” She stared at the ground for a moment, ear flicking in thought. Then she stood up, slowly getting closer and settling down next to Autumn. “May I?” She asked, gesturing to the spot.

She looked up at her, staring blankly before shaking her head to clear her thoughts. She then nodded. “Sure..” She glanced over at the two children. Had they fallen asleep because the ‘stories’ were too long? Yes. They just thought it was one of those stories nichelings tell before bed or something. Autumn then looked back at Cream, flicking an ear and trying to not get in the way of where she was trying to sit.

Cream smiled, laying down next to Autumn and stretching out. Wow, she was more exhausted than she initially thought. Maybe it was all the weird emotional storytelling, she didn’t usually talk to anyone about that stuff. Well, she had a couple of times with Peach and Wisteria, but...they weren’t there anymore. Not really knowing what to say, she just...decided to sing. Good enough way to break the tension, right?

“And when it rains on this side of town, it touches everything~” She sang softly, careful to not wake up the kids. “Just say it again and mean it, we don’t miss a thing-you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole, and you’ll sleep till May, and you’ll say that you don’t wanna see the sun anymore~”

She just put her head between her head and perked her ears up. She was in a coma for her childhood- She misses hearing songs. She’s just going to listen to the song, and maybe admire the nicheling next to her. Sh, nobody has to know what her thoughts are.

“And oh, how could you do it? I never saw it coming, and I need an ending-so why can’t you just stay long enough to explain?~” Cream’s voice kept growing quieter, until she fell silent, only breathing softly-presumably fast asleep. 

Autumn just smiled and closed her eyes. Wait- she can’t fall asleep! She has to stay awake and keep an eye out for Blizzard! She yanks her head up, blinking tiredly. She shook her head, trying to get the sleepy to go away. The sleepy? She just stays still, looking around. Eventually she starts humming the song to herself, trying to be as quiet as possible.

AutumnXCreamAMomentInTime.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Quite some time later, Cream found herself waking up to the sound of-were...were those crickets? How long had she been asleep? Blinking open her eyes, she peered around, trying to see through the dark. She wasn’t exactly a cat though-she didn’t have night vision like Peach. 

She nearly jumped out of her fur when she heard a noise to her right, whipping her head around. She relaxed as she saw Autumn, the events of earlier flooding back. So, it wasn’t just a dream? She didn’t know if she should be disappointed or happy.

“I would say good morning if it weren’t the middle of the night.” She smiled weakly and tilted her head to the side a bit. Had she been awake this whole time? Yes. She wasn’t going to let Blizzard come back when there was someone here. Especially a female…

“You have a nightmare or something?”

“No, I...didn’t dream much of anything. Just crabbits-so pretty normal dream for me overall.” She yawned, stretching out her legs and shaking out her fur. She felt a lot more refreshed than she did earlier. She narrowed her eyes at Autumn, leaning a little closer. “Did...you sleep at all? You look exhausted!”

“I can’t. Two reasons actually.” She just blinked tiredly again. “One, I’m not letting Blizzard anywhere near you. If he comes back I have to be ready. Two, I don’t want to slip into another one of those coma things. Last time I woke up and there was a bunch of nichelings I didn’t know.. I don’t want that feeling again.” She didn’t seem necessarily focused on anything. She didn’t have night vision either, but she’d like to think she does. But hey, at least it’s better vision than Blizzard.

“Well, you can’t stay awake forever Autumn. And do you really think you could fight when you can barely keep your eyes open?” Her tone was almost joking, but she definitely seemed serious. “At least get a little sleep-you can wake back up and keep watch later. If you don’t sleep now then you’ll probably drop like a fly at some other point of the day when you need to be awake.”

“I’ll sleep when you’re back to where you were before, okay? I’ll promise. But I just.. Need to make sure he doesn’t come.” She REALLY didn’t want Blizzard to find her. She was too innocent to deal with someone like him. Or at least in her mind she was innocent.

She sighed, but nodded. Even though she was worried about her, she wasn’t going to argue. It was obvious she was dead set on staying awake. Before she even realized what she was doing, Cream shuffled closer, settling her head on Autumn’s shoulder and letting out a sigh. Give her a break-her brain was still foggy, dammit. 

And of course, like some cheesy romance movie, she started singing again. “What a strange being you are...God knows where I would be if you hadn’t found me sitting all alone in the dark. A dumb screenshot of youth...watch how a cold broken teen will desperately lean on a superglued human of proof~”

Autumn just tried to stay as still as possible. She didn’t know what to do when a cute girl leans on her- cue gay panic? Internal gay panic? Wait no- She didn’t want to mess this up.

She rested her head over Cream’s, and took a deep breath. She perked her ears up, listening to the song.

Cream froze for a moment, glancing up at Autumn. Getting a hold of herself, she cleared her throat, continuing the song. “What the hell would I be without you? Brave face, talk so lightly-hide the truth…” She started relaxing, pressing closer and burying her face in Autumn’s fur. “ ‘Cause I’m sick of losing soulmates, so where do we begin? I can finally see you’re as messed up as me, so how do we win? I’m sick of losing soulmates, won’t be alone again...I can finally see you’re as messed up as me, so how do we win?...”

It didn’t take long for her to fall right back asleep again-guess she fell asleep to her own singing a lot. She lay there, breathing softly and cuddled up against Autumn. I dunno chief, seems a little gay to me.

Autumn smiled peacefully. It was hard to think of what was wrong when something so right was right in front of her. “You’re certainly a nicheling to remember.” She whispered, slowly drifting off herself. She couldn’t help it- The moment was too good.

• Love 1

THAT WAS SO COOL! A CROSSOVER. I'm a low-key worried that even if Cream leaves that Blizzard would smell another niche on Autumn an hurt her or the children. BUT. I loved this, I ship them so hard right now! It's probably going to sink but I'll go down with this ship.xD

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

1 minute ago, FawnCat said:

THAT WAS SO COOL! A CROSSOVER. I'm a low-key worried that even if Cream leaves that Blizzard would smell another niche on Autumn an hurt her or the children. BUT. I loved this, I ship them so hard right now! It's probably going to sink but I'll go down with this ship.xD

Blizzard's not coming back~

• Eek! 2

Just now, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Blizzard's not coming back~

Good. Because He went straight past the 'I'll kill with a spoon' list to 'This fork will do' list

"Dammit!"

Three nichelings stared as Tafune accidently broke another berry bush, before losing it and going ham on it. They'd be surprised if there was anything left of it by the time she was done.

"Is....she okay?" Crackle asked cautiously, staring with wide eyes as Tafune destroyed the bush.

Palace sighed, dropping her head. "Yeah, she just...gets frustrated sometimes."

Yewseed scoffed from his spot under Crackle's wing, rolling his eyes.

"That lady is gonna kill someone someday."

Palace shot him a look, baring her fangs at him. He just raised an unimpressed eyebrow, then shrugged, closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

A few meters away, Posh lay next to her mother, watching Hershey chase a butterfly.

"It was quite lovely, Posh. I wish you were there with me."

"Yes Cream, we know you had a nice dream." Paradise piped up from next to his berry bush, glancing over to Tikere as he made small screaming noises every few seconds. 

Cream shot him a look, tapping her paw against the ground in annoyance. "But it wasn't a dream, Paradise! Autumn was there-I remember she was."

Posh sighed as the two bickered, keeping her eyes on her little brother. She couldn't let him out of her sight. Staja could be anywhere-she had to protect him. She would die before she let that freak touch him.

Actually, where was Staja? He was the only one she couldn't see anywhere. That...was unnerving, to say the least.

She took her eyes off him for a second-only a second.

Next thing she knew he was running into the tall grass. Her worst fear.

She immediately got up and chased after him, getting a fair amount deep before she actually found him. Scooping him up, she intended to bolt out of there, but...

A low, feral growl rang right above her head.

Posh slowly turned, coming face to face with a bearyena. And a huge one, at that.

She got out of there immediately, not even aware that the predator was chasing her.

As soon as she broke through the grass, she could hear calls of alarm from her tribemates. Maybe she shouldn't have ran back? Now her tribe was in danger-

"Don't touch her!"

That voice-it was familiar.

Posh whipped around, staring on shock as Cream flew forward, headbutting the bearyena in the chest and knocking it back a few step. 

What was she doing?! She was nowhere near strong enough to fight that thing!

"Tafune!"

"I'm coming!"

The words of her tribemates were faint in her ears. She had to help, but-she couldn't move. Why wasn't she moving?! She had to move!

1479879005_Screenshot(714).thumb.png.f2979b1c5055f7c27f805c290cc80ef5.png

• Sad 2
  • Eek! 1

11 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

"Dammit!"

Three nichelings stared as Tafune accidently broke another berry bush, before losing it and going ham on it. They'd be surprised if there was anything left of it by the time she was done.

"Is....she okay?" Crackle asked cautiously, staring with wide eyes as Tafune destroyed the bush.

Palace sighed, dropping her head. "Yeah, she just...gets frustrated sometimes."

Yewseed scoffed from his spot under Crackle's wing, rolling his eyes.

"That lady is gonna kill someone someday."

Palace shot him a look, baring her fangs at him. He just raised an unimpressed eyebrow, then shrugged, closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

A few meters away, Posh lay next to her mother, watching Hershey chase a butterfly.

"It was quite lovely, Posh. I wish you were there with me."

"Yes Cream, we know you had a nice dream." Paradise piped up from next to his berry bush, glancing over to Tikere as he made small screaming noises every few seconds. 

Cream shot him a look, tapping her paw against the ground in annoyance. "But it wasn't a dream, Paradise! Autumn was there-I remember she was."

Posh sighed as the two bickered, keeping her eyes on her little brother. She couldn't let him out of her sight. Staja could be anywhere-she had to protect him. She would die before she let that freak touch him.

Actually, where was Staja? He was the only one she couldn't see anywhere. That...was unnerving, to say the least.

She took her eyes off him for a second-only a second.

Next thing she knew he was running into the tall grass. Her worst fear.

She immediately got up and chased after him, getting a fair amount deep before she actually found him. Scooping him up, she intended to bolt out of there, but...

A low, feral growl rang right above her head.

Posh slowly turned, coming face to face with a bearyena. And a huge one, at that.

She got out of there immediately, not even aware that the predator was chasing her.

As soon as she broke through the grass, she could hear calls of alarm from her tribemates. Maybe she shouldn't have ran back? Now her tribe was in danger-

"Don't touch her!"

That voice-it was familiar.

Posh whipped around, staring on shock as Cream flew forward, headbutting the bearyena in the chest and knocking it back a few step. 

What was she doing?! She was nowhere near strong enough to fight that thing!

"Tafune!"

"I'm coming!"

The words of her tribemates were faint in her ears. She had to help, but-she couldn't move. Why wasn't she moving?! She had to move!

1479879005_Screenshot(714).thumb.png.f2979b1c5055f7c27f805c290cc80ef5.png

dammit clover. you couldn't just let her die of old age?

1 hour ago, Possum Girl said:

That lady is gonna kill someone someday."

I laughed so hard at this

(Not really, I never laugh that hard. I am just saying how funny it is)

Posh came to her senses a moment too late.

After attacking the bearyena, Cream hopped backward, dodging it's swipes with strange dexterity.

But, as she whipped around to run, the predator snapped at her tail, pulling her backwards harshly.

Although she struggled, she couldn't escape.

Posh stopped just short of the bearyena, staring in paralyzed shock once again just as it snapped it's jaws around the back of Cream's neck. Cream coughed, her struggles getting more and more feeble as the bearyena tightened it's hold and blood slowly dripped sown her fur.

Then, with a crack, the bearyena dropped her limp body-letting out and angry snarl at Paradise, who hissed at it.

She was barely aware of Staja clinging to the bearyena and Tafune bolting over to help.

A cough snapped her out of her thoughts.

Cream lay on the ground, breathing shallow as blood pooled around her.

Posh rushed over, crouching down next to her mother with tears pooling at the edge of her eyes.

Cream's eyes slowly pried open, barely any life left in them as she smiled at Posh.

She couldn't die, she couldn't die, she couldn't die, she couldn't die, she couldn't die-

"Posh..."

She locked eyes with her mother, still crying. What in the world could her mother possibly want from her? She wasn't a healer! But, she had to do something-

Cream shakily raised her paw, gently grabbing the flower from her shoulder that Posh had given her all that time ago. Then, she lifted it to her daughter's head, softly tucking it behind her ear.

Her paw then moved to rest on Posh's chest, and she nearly broke down right there at the soft, loving smile that her mother held.

"Don't blame yourself."

That was the last thing she said. Words spoken in a hushed whisper to her daughter, before her life slipped away forever.

Hershey ran over just after that, skidding to a halt next to his sister as she sobbed over their mother's body.

"Mom? Why won't she wake up? Posh, what happened?"

992095897_Screenshot(719).thumb.png.44dc3e7fcb4cb4c9aa653c35117c5c4d.png

am i sorry? pffft, no

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

After attacking the bearyena, Cream hopped backward, dodging it's swipes with strange dexterity.

But, as she whipped around to run, the predator snapped at her tail, pulling her backwards harshly.

Posh stopped just short of the bearyena, staring in paralyzed shock once again just as it snapped it's jaws around the back of Cream's neck. Cream coughed, her struggles getting more and more feeble as the bearyena tightened it's hold and blood slowly dripped sown her fur.

Then, with a crack, the bearyena dropped her limp body-letting out and angry snarl at Paradise, who hissed at it.

She was barely aware of Staja clinging to the bearyena and Tafune bolting over to help.

Posh rushed over, crouching down next to her mother with tears pooling at the edge of her eyes.

Cream's eyes slowly pried open, barely any life left in them as she smiled at Posh.

She couldn't die, she couldn't die, she couldn't die, she couldn't die, she couldn't die-

"Posh..."

She locked eyes with her mother, still crying. What in the world could her mother possibly want from her? She wasn't a healer! But, she had to do something-

Cream shakily raised her paw, gently grabbing the flower from her shoulder that Posh had given her all that time ago. Then, she lifted it to her daughter's head, softly tucking it behind her ear.

Her paw then moved to rest on Posh's chest, and she nearly broke down right there at the soft, loving smile that her mother held.

"Don't blame yourself."

That was the last thing she said. Words spoken in a hushed whisper to her daughter, before her life slipped away forever.

Hershey ran over just after that, skidding to a halt next to his sister as she sobbed over their mother's body.

am i sorry? pffft, no

AWWWW WHYYYYYYYYYYY

"You just have to be careful with her-"

"I'm me , I can't be careful! I'll break her neck or something! Why did we even have kids-"

"Tafune, calm down! Just let her come to you, that won't hurt her, right?"

"Y-yeah...it shouldn't..."

"See? Atropa's fine."

"Yeah...she is-I..."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, she's just...so tiny..."

1636444128_Screenshot(720).thumb.png.0463f87b1d5abc6aef70bc9d4c28612b.png

• Eek! 2

2 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

"You just have to be careful with her-"

"I'm me , I can't be careful! I'll break her neck or something! Why did we even have kids-"

"Tafune, calm down! Just let her come to you, that won't hurt her, right?"

"Y-yeah...it shouldn't..."

"See? Atropa's fine."

"Yeah...she is-I..."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, she's just...so tiny..."

1636444128_Screenshot(720).thumb.png.0463f87b1d5abc6aef70bc9d4c28612b.png

YEAH!!

• Like 1

Paradise pushed through the grass, trying-and failing-to find where in the world that rabbil went.

Just as he spotted the flash of white fur in the field, a mew rang in his ears, alerting the rabbil and causing it to bolt.

Paradise wanted to kick something in frustration-he needed that food! All the berry bushes were dried up, and Tikere couldn't hunt for himself! He needed to get that for his brother!

But...

What was that noise?

Turning to where he heard it, he slowly crept forward, hearing several more mews-what was it?

Surprised, he rushed forward when he saw a baby in the field, crouching down next it.

Seeming to sense him, the child turning, and Paradise could see it's sightless grey eyes stare through him.

Who in the world left a baby out in this field?

28011373_Screenshot(722).thumb.png.b9751a97787559f3e0599b12fe08bcc8.png

• Eek! 3

Posh sat by her mother's grave, blankly staring at it. 

Why did it always rain when this sort of stuff happened?

She sighed, briefly raising her gaze to check on Hershey.

He was exactly where he was a few minutes ago.

He was sat by the tree, laughing at some dumb joke Staja made. He looked happy.

Staja looked happy.

She knew that her brother liked him, but she always refused to acknowledge it. 

Why did it have to be Staja, and not literally anyone else?

But more importantly...

How could he just move on so quick from what happened to their mother?

1181218424_Screenshot(723).thumb.png.82bb73e9eebe364070e217afd3f6b0df.png

• Sad 2

"No, no, no, no, no-YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!"

Tafune desperately yelled at Palace, who was curled up in the nest and slowly bleeding out.

She was still alive. She could fix this-

"You'll be fine without me..." Palace whispered, softly nudging the baby laying at her side.

"NO I WONT!"

Tafune screamed, trying not to cry. She couldn't cry. She wouldn't.

She desperately reached out to Palace, to pull her closer and tell her she wasn't dying-

She froze when a sickening crack rang in her ears.

Slowly looking down, Tafune froze at the sight of the broken body in her arms. 

The spine was snapped cleanly in half, and the head stuck out at a strange angle.

Did she just?...

She did.

She was so caught up in the chance that Palace might die-

That she accidently killed her herself.

660238376_Screenshot(724).thumb.png.d119f39487d7b8b3906cbfea1aeca24c.png

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Possum Girl said:

Tafune desperately yelled at Palace, who was curled up in the nest and slowly bleeding out.

"You'll be fine without me..." Palace whispered, softly nudging the baby laying at her side.

"NO I WONT!"

She desperately reached out to Palace, to pull her closer and tell her she wasn't dying-

The spine was snapped cleanly in half, and the head stuck out at a strange angle.

Did she just?...

She did.

Caaaaaarrrrrl!

6 hours ago, Possum Girl said:

"Posh..."

"Don't blame yourself."

am i sorry? pffft, no

CREAM!!! NOOOOOOoooo. 😱😱😱😭 At least she had a kinda good death protecting her children but still- My ship~

4 hours ago, Possum Girl said:

"NO I WONT!"

Did she just?...

She did.

Oof, talk about not thinking before doing something. Poor Tafune. Poor baby...