Stray Fawn Community

Very Confused

Fenriselvish

Hey, so I'm not really sure if this is a bug or not, but
Every single island I go to, there is not a single Wandering Nicheling, like ever. I keep hopping island to island looking for more, but none ever spawn. I use the console, does that affect anything? I could really use some understanding as to what's up. I need the new Nichelings for new genes but.. I can't because of this. How often are Wandering Nichelings meant to spawn? I always use ExploreAllFields command, maybe that has to do with it? I don't know but please help. I don't want to keep inbreeding

On 7/23/2020 at 6:43 AM, Fenriselvish said:

ExploreAllFields

Here's your problem: Wanderers only spawn in grass, just like a lot of other entities. The ExploreAllFields commands removes all the grass from every island you use it on, meaning wanderers or rogue males won't spawn. Also, I suggest backing up save files that use the console, since it's pretty buggy and could ruin your saves (it might not though, for example I've never really had the console break one of my games). 

• Paw up 2

5 hours ago, YambOwO said:

Here's your problem: Wanderers only spawn in grass, just like a lot of other entities. The ExploreAllFields commands removes all the grass from every island you use it on, meaning wanderers or rogue males won't spawn. Also, I suggest backing up save files that use the console, since it's pretty buggy and could ruin your saves (it might not though, for example I've never really had the console break one of my games). 

Ahh thank you! Yeah console hasn’t messed me up so far luckily, but I’ll keep that in mind. That being said, is there any way I can see through grass or something so I don’t have to guess where they’ll be? Does DetectAll do that?

30 minutes ago, Fenriselvish said:

Ahh thank you! Yeah console hasn’t messed me up so far luckily, but I’ll keep that in mind. That being said, is there any way I can see through grass or something so I don’t have to guess where they’ll be? Does DetectAll do that?

Not really sure what DetectAll does (might test that out), but you can always go into scent/hearing view so that you might be able to smell/hear a wandering nicheling. Wanderers glow yellow, and rogue males glow red. If you want some more or better tips, feel free to ask in the Discussion & Feedback section!