Stray Fawn Community

animation party!

Kira.APK

53 minutes ago, Dark Lisa said:

for all the animators here

Basically you dare each other to animate stuff.

I'll start.

I dare all of you to make the grrrls animation meme with everyone's nichelings.

I'll probably do the meme after I finish my get better animation meme-

• Eek! 1

On 8/5/2020 at 1:19 AM, Lisa The Dragonwolf said:

So... I need help.

HOW TO DRAW CATS

What about them do you want to draw? Head, body, tail, paws? Here are a few things I use to draw mine.

paws.thumb.jpg.232d22dd0ac0dab8ad0302423bdc8143.jpg3d93899da9164c2ff9a4bdc204f94e69.thumb.jpg.964031342c5279b5b3dc6a34d2ce234e.jpg

4218ea7089c970724d914469055610ba.thumb.png.fcef129effb6eac49ed621b696805f75.png

12 hours ago, Lisa The Dragonwolf said:

progress! What do you guys think?

Good so far. The lip-sync is great so far. Just need to be cleaned up with the coloring in. I guess you use the paint bucket to color in, it doesn't always do the best job but for now it's fine.

• Paw up 1

12 hours ago, Lisa The Dragonwolf said:

progress! What do you guys think?

it looks alright, though i suggest you draw all the frames first before coloring anything it-makes it a lot easier

(by that i mean dont just color as you make it, wait until you've drawn out the frames for the entire thing until coloring)

• Paw up 1

8 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

it looks alright, though i suggest you draw all the frames first before coloring anything it-makes it a lot easier

(by that i mean dont just color as you make it, wait until you've drawn out the frames for the entire thing until coloring)

to add onto that, the lip-sync could use some work, but i do like that you animated the tongue-many animators (even really experienced ones *cough* LupisVulpes *cough* ) dont animate the tongue and it looks really unnatural

@Possum Girl Okay, You seem to know your stuff with animation. Where do I begin? I want to try but I've seen other peoples animations but starting is always my problem. Do I need lip-sync? cause I know myself, I'm lazy and that seems like a lot of work....

1 minute ago, FawnCat said:

@Possum Girl Okay, You seem to know your stuff with animation. Where do I begin? I want to try but I've seen other peoples animations but starting is always my problem. Do I need lip-sync? cause I know myself, I'm lazy and that seems like a lot of work....

fytguhijo i'll. try my best-

1. Depends on if you plan to make the entire thing animated or not. Either way, if you plan to make even just a section of it animated, keyframing. You always have to keyframe. What's keyframing? It's a little hard to explain, but basically-

Example: If you're making a run cycle, you would first need to sketch out the main poses in the run, like when the front paws touch the ground or when the animal pushes off with it's back legs (im using animals as an example, i've never animated anything else)

This video explains it better than I can:

It's also always good to do some warm up drawings before doing anything with art (especially animation), so it would probably be a good idea to do that, even just 2 simple sketches can really help. It's also a really good idea to not do anything with too many markings (like a really complicated mask pattern on a nicheling for example) until you get some more experience, because those are the biggest pains to keep consistent (ESPECIALLY spots. those suck) and if you DO decide to do that, try simplifying the design, like toning down the spots or minimalizing the stripes. Trust me, you'll be a lot less burned out.

2. Lip-sync is never required, but it can be a nice touch. It can be harder or easier depending on the person (I personally didn't find it too difficult, it's mostly just moving the bottom jaw that can be a little tricky-which you don't even need to usually do if it's from the front view)

One more tip: Animating characters with longer fur (again, using animals as an example) is a lot more tricky than animating short fur, as you need to move it around as the character moves, like how it will flow down if the character is jumping upwards or how it springs up if the character is landing after the jump (also, if you are ever doing a run cycle, remember that the entire body moves, not just the legs)

i hope this helped at least a little tfgyhuijok ( i dont even remember if that video said anything about keyframes, but it still helped me a lot with animation when i tried to get back into it)

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

7 hours ago, Possum Girl said:

Ah.

(I shoudnt have thrown away my paper)