Stray Fawn Community

Having lots of fun

mhiahia

I recently decided to continue playing one of my old savefiles and then remembered that I created a family tree to go with it. Writing the biographical parts for each characters is unbelievably fun.

If anyone wants to check it out, this should be the link: https://www.familyecho.com/?p=OI2XD&c=rsayb3j755&f=159190163546442002

• Like 4
  • Love 1

20200809195914_1.thumb.jpg.7aa57cb7f654a2819136a0fef0ce0b1a.jpg

These two guys are Lobab and Zaramze and they literally pined for each other for half an eternity before realising they were in love.

20200809225001_1.thumb.jpg.e2c1fcd218f3eeacd9a9ba2617991506.jpg

This is Ehraal, she is an awesome, smart prankster and also aromantic. I pulled her out of the trash and I love her more than live itself.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I've never had such bad luck with wanderers. Only two so far, one of them on her last day. The amount of cousin-relationship in this tribe is slowly getting concerning, but what can I do?

18 minutes ago, mhiahia said:

I've never had such bad luck with wanderers. Only two so far, one of them on her last day. The amount of cousin-relationship in this tribe is slowly getting concerning, but what can I do?

If you wanna use the console, increase the spawnrate, but if you don't... move to the next island..? I don't really know how to help, sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YambOwO said:

If you wanna use the console, increase the spawnrate, but if you don't... move to the next island..? I don't really know how to help, sorry.

I tried the command already but it sadly doesn't seem to help so far. I managed to save the lineage so far. Sibling or parent-child incest is off the charts but cousins have to be okay, else we will be dead soon.

At least the new swamp island had a weirdly good rogue male (he's dead by now).

• Paw up 1

20200810183333_1.thumb.jpg.923a29d6782d6149ab34e757b6119aa2.jpg

One of them has a different dad, which one?

20200810183607_1.thumb.jpg.f2183fcc88122db9193c27946f4b7c0e.jpg

Look who found a wive! They are both adorable and love each other very much, but their children willl be nightmares (very pretty ones, but still).

• Like 2

Guess who it is! Nightmare children have been born:

20200810194559_1.thumb.jpg.a3e5565799d85fe2e3e40b055bf58d6a.jpg

The boy is slightly older and a pathological liar. He has no goals in life and is just here to be a nuisance. His sister is a manipulative and ruthless tyrant in the making. All her wounds seem to heal without leaving a trace...

• Sad 1

Lots of stuff happened, real quick rundown:

Tyrant girl manages to create her own tribe since all of the old members (her mom and another female that had twins with a rogue male) have died.

The nightmare ex-children fight a bearyena, brother gets hurt, sister refuses to let him use the healing fruit, they fight, he leaves the tribe.

While nightmare sister manages to recruit the rogue twins into the tribe her brother gets lost in the swamp and slooowly realizes that he is a bad person.

The IncreaseSpawn command gets the game to spawn one (1) wanderer. He and tyrant girl have five children, three of which are good. Of course the two evil ones get chosen to lead next.

Meanwhile one of the rogue twins meets ex-nightmare brother. They have a good time together and rogue twin gets pregnant. Ex-nightmare brother dies while fighting a bearyena.

Tyrant girl dies. Ex-nightmare brother's son is born.

• Like 1

Here are tyrant girl's children:

20200811200006_1.thumb.jpg.27a1859d6e73d66ec4bc61d472b6d1ec.jpg

From left to right:

Black boy: Nadok, an entitled and conceited nightmare, third child and the first one to be chosen as the next leader. Has HI.

Orange boy with spots: Tulee, actually adorable, very shy and sensitive. Fourth child, looks the most like his dad and is mostly ignored by his parents and siblings, except for blue girl. Has HI.

Red girl: Leepip, cold and uncaring, either bored or lazily amused. Her mother's last and favorite child (which isn't a good sign). Co-leads with the black boy but is probably the more capable one.

Toxic orange girl: Rahdei, secondborn child. Trained to be the leader's protector and ready to sacrifice herself for her duty. Blinded by her ideology but apart from that technically good.

Blue girl: Mefra, firstborn. Her mother disliked her from the start, so she was left to raise herself. Admittedly not the smartes but very very kind and caring.

• Love 1

Things are going off the rails, which is fun! This is the first actually dark era for the tribe and I am living for it. Can't wait to see what kind of characters are shaped from this.

Right now Black Boy is going completely insane. His mother (tyrant girl) used to have visions of a golden, nicheling-like being, the sun spirit. Apparently tyrant girl's great-great-great-grandfather (if I counted correctly - he is in the family tree as well, his name was Dikobpip) was the son of this spirit. Black boy thinks that this makes him a demi-god, since his mother was the first nicheling to actually get powers from the sun spirit (wounds healing without leaving a trace). He is very conceited and kills his father. Currently he is debating wether or not he should have a child with his sister orange girl (who is very blinded by her beliefs and truly thinks that he is a divine being) since he thinks that their children would be incredibly powerful.

Don't know if I will be going through with that though. I specifically want this tribe to not contain any incest at all, but I also want the characters to be as "alive" as possible, and currently I absolutely think that Black Boy could be doing that.

On a lighter note, Red Girl actually has character developement and safeguards the other tribe members from her brother, she is also stronger than him and could potentially take him down...

• Like 2

Actually I have now decided that Red Girl will kill her brother before he commits any more crimes. So no incest, since I didn't completely feel comfortable with it.

• Like 1

Bad Black Boy is dead now. Red Girl is the inofficial leader now, since the tribe has lots of trauma to heal from. Especially Black Boy's two sons aren't handling his death to well (his older son only realized how bad his father was minutes before he was killed).

Red Girl found a beautiful, gentle mate who sadly has two K immunities. They had two kids right before he passed.

Blue Girl died and left a rogue baby behind. Her daughter has very pretty blue eyes.

Orange Boy with spots has found a wanderer mate and they have a double-clawed, fishing tailed daughter.

Once this generation is old enough they'll travel to the savannah.

• Like 1

Putting the save here since I plan on playing two realities real quick. The tribe is going to migrate, but two boys stay behind and I really want to know that they will have a good life.

So I'll copy the save and then play with them until they die, then I return to the actual tribe.

Slot1.nichesave

It is also free to be played in case anyone would ever want to do that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mhiahia said:

20200816112653_1.thumb.jpg.ca5a64746981047a6511efeaf62469a6.jpg

Leaving. Hot biomes are always scary so this will get interesting.

Not bringing a nicheling even when you have space on the ports is always a bit sad for me :( How much food do you have, by the way?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PincerClaw420 said:

Not bringing a nicheling even when you have space on the ports is always a bit sad for me :( How much food do you have, by the way?

Yeah, it was quite a hard decision to leave them behind. In the end I decided that it would make more sense for them to stay, especially regarding their backstory. That's why I made sure to make a second save where I played only with the two of them, so I would know that they had a happy live.

I think the food count is somewhere around 160 right now. Hot islands are always problematic so I hope I manage to unlock the genes I need and then leave as fast as possible.

• Like 1

The best part about making a family tree is seeing how vastly different genes mix. There are kids that truly look like a mix between their parents. Others that only look like one parent. Some that could just as well be completely unrelated to the entire tribe.

Some siblings look like identical twins and there are others that you wouldn't assume to be related at all.

Sometimes you can see certain features re-appearing for generations.

• Like 2

Guess who finally tamed a bearyena?

Can't wait for pretty hybrid children. Also, we got our first lesbian (potentially even a couple) and the first poison fanged child for like four generations.

• Like 1

Allow me to talk into the void about a new vilain. She's the mom, you might remember her from the last picture where she was still a two-gem.

20200821182736_1.thumb.jpg.0c1123a6308437080951d7cf52794a36.jpg

Anyways her mother was a wanderer and whenever possible I try to think of spiritualities/beliefs/abilities that a wanderer can bring into the tribe. She got the ability to channel the energy of the world (which is basically an excuse for me to use console commands) from her mother and was the first animal with an antenna. This made her powers even stronger and she quickly became a very important tribe member, charged with protecting everyone.

Her mate was the first other nicheling with an antenna she met and so she assumed that he was just as powerful as she was. That wasn't the case, however. He simply lied to her. She only found out when a nicheling from his former tribe joined and confronted him. Needless to say that she was furious. And she was more than capable of taking revenge on him:

20200821183047_1.thumb.jpg.d22046424836863629d0479a3aa28424.jpg

She has now left the tribe with her kids since everyone is afraid of her powers. Its a shame, really. She was the only grand-child of the black tyrant boy and simply got unlucky. The only reason her grandfather went balistic was because he was very confident and kind of self-centered and then got waay to much power - and the same thing happened to her, although she only snapped because of her mates betrayal.

Is she really bad or just missled?

• Love 2

Meanwhile her half-sister is rasing an albinistic rogue child together with her girlfriend (the female wanderer who was from the same tribe as antennaed girls mate).

Funnily enough the rogue also had a daughter with antennae girl, and that daughter is about to have the first hybrid cub.

• Like 1

Happy little family:

20200821183624_1.thumb.jpg.c3834c833028acccfb74b581b0fda2b1.jpg

Daughter of antenna-girl and rogue, half-sister of the albinistic child in the picture above and her bearyena mate:

20200821224731_1.thumb.jpg.700af5e137549aaf8cfbb2a9d0c7f1ed.jpg

Exiled family (how are they THIS pretty?) The two on the right are the half-siblings of the girl on top which is almost unbelievable.

20200821224817_1.thumb.jpg.494e2a9b6353c5c26f84bfb4dad58de6.jpg

HYBRID CHILD. He is incredibly pretty and he has home island immunity as well. The poison fangs are really having a little renaissance right now.

20200821224907_1.thumb.jpg.f37306acadf8c9ebda22eef89393755f.jpg

These two will be great friends.

20200821225626_1.thumb.jpg.724b08b1a907233477531b7e686662b4.jpg

• Love 2

Well. Half of the tribe consists of rogue children now and we haven't met a proper wanderer in what feels like eternity.

Luckily the fifty days needed to unlock lean body are almost over and we can finally migrate again.

• Like 1