Stray Fawn Community

I see Lisa making a Niche language, but I've always wanted to give meanings to names.

PopsicleNinja

So, here they are. (Also, surprise, I'm alive 😀)

MALE NAMES

Duk = Stone

Ta = Flame

Van = Dark

Kir = Bird

Ro = Wind

Nu = Rain

Ku = Thunder

FEMALE NAMES

Ana = Sand

Me = Water

Re = Tree

Si = Leaf

Is = Flower

La =  Snow

Ra = Ice

Ko = Light (as in light-colored)

I imagine that depending on the name, these words either combine to make different words, or at least one syllable is there to make it sound more like a name. Example of scenario 1: Nuku. "Storm" sounds better than "Rainthunder". Example of scenario 2: Kolais. "Snowflower" sounds better than "Lightsnowflower".

The reason no one is remotely similar to Adam or Eve? This is because they're from tribes that have different naming conventions, and those names didn't make the top ten list of the overall species. "Ad" and "Am" are common on Home Island but uncommon elsewhere because of how isolated it is, and same for "Eve" and her unseen tribe. Feel free to come up with meanings for them!

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2

Oooh, I have been doing the same thing! So far I haven't gotten very far since I try to "decode" the names using context clues given by the game, which obviously leads to lots of confusion since the game just randomly assigns syllables. I also have tons of custom syllables so it takes even longer to try and create meanings for every name.