Stray Fawn Community

Deleted My Save

Kibbles

Hey everyone, I play Niche all the time through steam. One of my favourite games, anyways there is one save that I play on alot. Has 30+ hours, multiple generations and I hold it very dear to myself. Well, I log on today to discover its gone from my saves. I have four saves currently and only that one is gone, I never deleted it and frankly I'm mad. I have literally no idea how this happened, and I dont think its because of it being played 30+ hours. I have a different save played for 52 hours and that one is completely fine though this one save I love is gone.

If anyone can help please message, maybe its in my game files or something though I havent found anything yet. Just some help would be appreciated. 

• Sad 7

Oh boy, that must suck... Have you tried playing on a different computer? Usually whenever I delete a save on one computer and go on another, the deleted save is in it's original state. This might not work though, since you yourself didn't delete the save, unlike me. Hope all goes well :(

@NiceGirl1000
I'm sorry that happened :( Sometimes saves vanish when Steam tries to back them up in the cloud.

We could look in the game files to see if the save is still around somwhere. Here is where the saves are stored on your computer:

Linux:  ~/.config/unity3d/Team Niche/Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

Mac:  ~/Library/Application Support/unity.Team Niche.Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

Windows:  C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\Saves

If you find the missing save in the folder you can send it to me and I can check if I'm able to open it.

10 hours ago, Micha said:

@NiceGirl1000
I'm sorry that happened :( Sometimes saves vanish when Steam tries to back them up in the cloud.

We could look in the game files to see if the save is still around somwhere. Here is where the saves are stored on your computer:

Linux:  ~/.config/unity3d/Team Niche/Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

Mac:  ~/Library/Application Support/unity.Team Niche.Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

Windows:  C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\Saves

If you find the missing save in the folder you can send it to me and I can check if I'm able to open it.

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of looking there. I did actually find five different saves labeled through 1 to 5, I'll attatch the save that would've had my world in it. If it is the save it'll be called Realm of Vrapira I believe, also it would be around day 103- if that helps at all. Thank you for replying to this, hope it goes well :)

Slot0.nichesave

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PincerClaw420 said:

Oh boy, that must suck... Have you tried playing on a different computer? Usually whenever I delete a save on one computer and go on another, the deleted save is in it's original state. This might not work though, since you yourself didn't delete the save, unlike me. Hope all goes well :(

Sadly I dont have a second laptop lol, if I did that wouldve been a great relief for my save though, and thank youu

• Like 1