Stray Fawn Community

Playing Niche for the first time in over a year.

MessyMemes

Niche came out to the switch today. So I am of course playing a lot of it. I'll be dumping screenshots of my main gameplay here. Won't be chronological order, but I hope it's fun. This is also my first time playing the game in over a year. 

• Eek! 1

20 minutes ago, PincerClaw420 said:

Yooo those switch graphics look sick!

They really do. Although having to upload the screenshots to Twitter, than download them, and post them here is kinda time consuming, but worth it. I'm super glad to be able to play the game again!

• Like 1

The founders gather together by the river's edge. They knew their time was drawing to a close. The founders watched as acrossed the river their descents explored. Eleta smiled at the sight. "We've come so far, and our descents will go further than we ever have." Eleta said, a small tear rolling down his face as he curled up with his companions, and drifted off into a blissful sleep.

20200903_171949.jpg

• Sad 1

The island mourned for the passing of the founders. All of them had been raised by the four. As one of the younger nichlings explored he discovered a pregnant warrior. "Please allow me refuge. My tribe kicked me out because I'd refused to be mated to someone I didn't love. Please let me stay." She pleaded. The young nichling looked over at his mother, who gave him a supportive nod. The younger nichling gave her some berries and gestured towards an open nest. The nichling smiled, happily laying in her nest as the night slowly came.

20200903_172011.jpg

• Like 1

"Is everyone who is well enough to travel accounted for?" Rono asked, and was happy when he heard a chorus of multiple yes. The flowers around their feet were soft, a new beginning for the tribe. Rono led the way to the island, as he jump from the rock into the water. Many of the other fishy nichlings swam alongside their land-bound brethren.

20200904_061551.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MessyMemes said:

"Is everyone who is well enough to travel accounted for?" Rono asked, and was happy when he heard a chorus of multiple yes. The flowers around their feet were soft, a new beginning for the tribe. Rono led the way to the island, as he jump from the rock into the water. Many of the other fishy nichlings swam alongside their land-bound brethren.

20200904_061551.jpg

Wait, there are 10 nichelings on the ports... but more than 10 tiles on the ports... wow

2 minutes ago, PincerClaw420 said:

Wait, there are 10 nichelings on the ports... but more than 10 tiles on the ports... wow

I know, they had only 25 food left, and I didn't want them to starve once they got to the island. I also like to think maybe others who didn't go wanted to stay and explore the rest of their home island.

• Paw up 1

19 minutes ago, MessyMemes said:

I know, they had only 25 food left, and I didn't want them to starve once they got to the island. I also like to think maybe others who didn't go wanted to stay and explore the rest of their home island.

Don't worry, it's not about most of the nichelings staying, it's just that I remember ports had a maximum limit of 10 tiles and minimum of 4. Just thought it was cool there were more than 10 on the switch version.

1 hour ago, PincerClaw420 said:

Don't worry, it's not about most of the nichelings staying, it's just that I remember ports had a maximum limit of 10 tiles and minimum of 4. Just thought it was cool there were more than 10 on the switch version.

Ah. I didn't even know that. That's pretty cool.

The group gathered together on the flower covered land, and decided on a plan. They all agreed to rest up and collect resources on the island before headed to a new island. 

[Hey guys, what port should the tribe go to? The Eastern port, the Western port, or the Northern port?]

20200904_061554.jpg

• Like 1