Stray Fawn Community

*Watch and Lean* A feral cat rp

bostonlobstah

Oogedy boogedy, here we go

watchers.thumb.png.74c684411725535245c656bc429f0c40.png

Clan Alley; clever and swift. Clan Bobcat; charismatic and powerful. Clan Starlight; thoughtful and enduring. Which Clan will you join??
These three Clans make up the Watchers, a group of nomadic cats whose mission is to discover their niche in the harsh and cruel world they call home. Each Clan has its own area of expertise and curiosity: For Clan Alley, it is the world of humans. For Clan Bobcat, it is the expansive wilderness of the northeastern US. And for Starlight, it is the patterns of stars created by their ancestors to guide them. For generations these Clans have lived in harmony, sharing their knowledge with one another until the fire nation attacked until the corruption of the leader of Clan Starlight was revealed. Clan Starlight's leader, known as the Prophet, was the most high-ranking cat of all 3 Clans. Now, with the Prophet driven into exile, the Watchers are beginning to lose their trust in their ancestors and their past. Skirmishes have begun to break out between the 3 Clans over who has the best methods of survival. But amidst the fray, a new Prophet emerges, one who claims to have received a vision. In the vision, the Ancestors gave him a prophecy, that went like this: "One will rise above them all. The other two are bound to fall." Of course, all of the Watchers have erupted over this prophecy. As they journey back to the Core, the meetingplace for all the Clans, each cat must brace themselves for war.

The Watchers' culture is kind of similar to Warrior Cats, but with a few key differences. Most obvious is the fact that these cats are nomads. They travel in groups of 10-15 per Clan, making long journeys just to learn about different ways of life. Although how far they travel depends on the Clan. Clan Alley tends to travel shorter distances through towns and cities while Clan Starlight may travel miles upon miles following the constellations. And Clan Bobcat will follow migrating animals or stay in one location to observe the local wildlife’s survival and hunting techniques.
Another aspect that is different is the Clans' alliances. They are never really enemies or rivals, but rather factions that young Learners (apprentices) can choose to join at 8 moons of age, regardless of which Clan they were born into.
Once a Learner joins a Clan, they have a similar apprentice ceremony to the Warrior clans. They are promoted by their new Clan leader, and given a responsible Watcher as a mentor. However, a Learner will also receive a scar on their forehead from their leader as a sign of their acceptance and permanent loyalty to said Clan. Medicine cats and Leaders/Prophets will also receive scars to remind them of their responsibilities and duties.

1770619338_watcherscars.thumb.png.7a3e1c5c80866e87978a3d5fe1a565fd.png

The naming systems of the Watchers are also different. A Watcher's name usually consist of 2 words, ex. Cloud Dancer or Silver Leaf. However, the names have to make sense, for example Hawk Frost is too random and not an acceptable name. The name can also be related to something found in a town or city, if the cat's parents were from Clan Alley, ex. Shattered Brick. Cats' nicknames are often shortened versions of their full names.

The ranks among each Clan are quite similar to Warrior clans. There is a Clan Leader (or a Prophet for Clan Starlight), a Deputy, a Medicine Cat and their Learning Medic, Watchers, Learners, Nurse-Mothers, Kits and Elders.
Though each Clan travels far and wide, they all have a central meetingplace known as the Core. They meet at the Core every autumn and keep camp, remaining there until spring, when they head out into the world once again. Their mission? Find a solution to their problem: Where do we fit in? How can we survive best? And how can we rise above the rest?

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Now here's a few of my rules before we begin:
- Please try to have good grammar and put effort into your posts.
- Do not begin roleplaying a character until I approve their form.
- Ask for permission before time-skipping.
- Do not make your characters OP or Mary Sues.
- Don't kill off another player's animal unless they tell you it's okay.
- You may not roleplay from the POV of any animal except for the Watchers (unless your character leaves the Watchers during the roleplay).
- You may use this Watchers concept for personal use but you may not use any cats from the RP that do not belong to you
- HAVE FUN!! :)

To create a cat, fill out this form--you may create up to 5 to start off.

Name:
Clan:
Personality:
Notes:

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Name: Blue Moon
Clan: Starlight
Appearance: Blue-gray with white paws and spot on chest; silver muzzle; amber eyes
Personality: Sagely, calm, and a good speaker. Hopefully that will be enough to keep the Watchers in line.
Notes: Was not the deputy of the old Prophet, but made the new Prophet after the old leader and her deputy were attacked and exiled. A bit old to become leader but he was the best choice.

Blue Moon closed his eyes and felt a familiar sharp slicing pain on his forehead, and then the thick red blood dripping down his face. But he did not wince the way he did when he was still a child.
Blue Moon's eyelids filled with white spots, and then, there was his mother, her figure opaque and covered in glittering silver stars.
"You have earned the Enlightenment Scar," she said, gazing at the cross that reached from the top of his head to the bridge of his nose, and cut across his eye pips. "A great achievement that many will only dream of. The truest symbol of a leader. A Prophet."
"Why did you trust her?" Blue Moon nearly cut her off, his words steady yet full of anger. "It makes me wonder, sometimes, if I could trust you."
"We are no different from you, my dear Watcher. We only watch what we can see."
"She slaughtered my children, mother."
"We can't read minds, Blue Moon. We didn't know what she would become." Grief filled his mothers eyes. "But I watched. I saw everything."
Blue Moon took a deep breath, forcing back memories. "No one trusted Swan Feather. Now, no one trusts you, and no one trusts me. There will be fighting, there will be war, even. No, no one believes the stars anymore."
"I feel it." His mother closed her eyes. "One will rise above them all. The other two are bound to fall."
Blue Moon could feel his paws begin to slip as if in sand pulled by the tide.
"One will rise."
He woke up in the grove of small hemlocks again, his medicine cat's paw resting on his head. Then the paw was retracted, smeared in blood.

• Like 1

Just now, Lisa said:

Name: Misty Heart

Appearance:

Mistypaw.png.19bd37a8d5f998a07841dfff464d73c8.png

Before I accept could you make a few edits, either age her up to 8 moons (that's when they become Learners) or keep her age but make her a kit.

Also she can't really have purple stripes lol, could they just be black?

1 minute ago, bostonlobstah said:

Before I accept could you make a few edits, either age her up to 8 moons (that's when they become Learners) or keep her age but make her a kit.

Also she can't really have purple stripes lol, could they just be black?

Sure.

• Paw up 1

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

we'll start when we get a few more people in

In the mean time, can you explain some things?

i dont wanna mess everything up 😛

I just wanna know how to actually roleplay in this

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Lisa said:

In the mean time, can you explain some things?

i dont wanna mess everything up 😛

I just wanna know how to actually roleplay in this

It's confusing, sorry. I'll start interactions and kinda control stuff, hopefully my playing the leader will help with understanding

Just follow along and use good grammar and it will be fine 😄

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

It's confusing, sorry. I'll start interactions and kinda control stuff, hopefully my playing the leader will help with understanding

Just follow along and use good grammar and it will be fine 😄

Ok.

(also ima make it so that Misty's mother died a month ago, due to being killed by a predator)

• Paw up 1

Name: Carrion Feast (im not even sure if that would work as a name, but i can come up with another if it really doesnt work rtfygdrfty)
Clan: Alley
Appearance: Black with brown stripes and growing spots of white, amber eyes
Personality: Generally cold and unresponsive, she doesn't talk much, though she does what is told. Plenty probably assume she's mute as a result.
Notes: She has vitiligo, I'm guessing you know what that is- (I also like the idea of the clan thinking she was diseased or something, which is why she was named like that and shes not very social-)

Name: Eclipse Fire
Appearance: Chimera (y'know, those cats with the split faces?)
Personality: Kind, though she spaces out a lot. She has a lot of questions about herself and the world, but she holds back from asking in fear of being judged.
Notes:

Name: Trail Blazer
Clan: Bobcat
Appearance: Bright ginger tabby with the swirly looking tabby stripes (you know the ones), a cream underbelly and paws, and dark brown eyes
Personality: Brash, impulsive, and kind of rude? He's actually pretty angry at himself and others, but he tries to cover it up with jokes and acting happy. Some times are more successful than others.
Notes: He uh...didn't have a nice past, which is why he's the way he is-I know that's really vague but I promise I actually have ideas xrtfygucyuhij

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

Name: Carrion Feast (im not even sure if that would work as a name, but i can come up with another if it really doesnt work rtfygdrfty)
Appearance: Black with brown stripes and growing spots of white, amber eyes
Personality: Generally cold and unresponsive, she doesn't talk much, though she does what is told. Plenty probably assume she's mute as a result.
Notes: She has vitiligo, I'm guessing you know what that is- (I also like the idea of the clan thinking she was diseased or something, which is why she was named like that and shes not very social-)

Name: Eclipse Fire
Appearance: Chimera (y'know, those cats with the split faces?)
Personality: Kind, though she spaces out a lot. She has a lot of questions about herself and the world, but she holds back from asking in fear of being judged.
Notes:

Name: Trail Blazer
Appearance: Bright ginger tabby with the swirly looking tabby stripes (you know the ones), a cream underbelly and paws, and dark brown eyes
Personality: Brash, impulsive, and kind of rude? He's actually pretty angry at himself and others, but he tries to cover it up with jokes and acting happy. Some times are more successful than others.
Notes: He uh...didn't have a nice past, which is why he's the way he is-I know that's really vague but I promise I actually have ideas xrtfygucyuhij

All accepted. My only concern is what kind of parent would name their child carrion feast!

• Like 1

self insert tiiime—

Name: Drifting Cloud

Appearance: warm gray and cream calico

Personality: Sensitive, witty, creative, cautiously curious of humans

Notes: Both her parents are from Clan Starlight. Her father is their deputy. She misses her sister who stayed in Starlight.

Name: Bright Arbor

Appearance: Tall tabby with a white chest and green eyes

Personality: A people pleaser, charismatic and friendly. Down to earth and great leadership skills, though his judgement is sometimes poor.

Notes: idk

Name: Pigeon Call

Appearance: Silver spotted tabby, yellow eyes, fluffy neck fur and tail

Personality: Wily and smart, inventive and open-minded. Very chill and a bit detached

Other: n/a

So guys I made all the leaders, people need to make more Deputies and Medics