Stray Fawn Community

Slaying the Apes

mhiahia

Hi! Welcome to this thread where I will document my attempt to slay every single one of the legendary apes.

I am using my favorite save with which I've already reached home island and unlocked every gene.

Currently I have played 52 hours and 6 minutes with this save.

These will be the forefathers and foremothers of my ape slayers:

20200905154238_1.thumb.jpg.fd8bcc7bd187e485882ee89046d3f996.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 3
  • Love 1

I aspire to have one breeding pair each for two kinds of nichelings. The aspired genes are as follows.

Collectors:

Big Ears/Mega Horns/Bird Beak/Armored Body or Lean Body/Nimble Fingers/Scorpion Tail/Normal Hindlegs

Slayers:

Mega Horns/Saber Tooth Head/Armored Body/Bearyena Claw/HammerTail/Bearyena Hindlegs

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

• 10 months later...

The fact that I did not touch this in 320 days was actually not because of being way too stressed irl but in reality a clever ruse to get the apes distracted and attack them when their backs are turned. Totally.

(Quick fun story about this save I started playing it right after the wings update and ever since it has both been my longest safe as well as the one with the most incest in it ever).

Anyways this is where we are at right now:

20210722204904_1.thumb.jpg.82afc3d57a87b26e4dc16ec02b61fee1.jpg

Now I will have to sort through all the nichelings and try to figure out what the hell I was doing when I stopped. Brb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It appears that the two melanistic females on the left belong to the same breeding "pair" as the red and white male right between them. The ones to the left are also a separate breeding pair. The tribe seemingly only has four immunity genes (since its easier to juggle) - The Home Island Immunity, E, G, I.

No breeding goal has been fully reached, but I will make sure that the ones chosen as the next breeding pairs will all have Mega Horns so I can cross that off the list.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

A bearyena just tried to attack but luckily most of my nichelings are ridiculously strong (I am talking casual 9 or morse strength).

Now I finally have a new breeding "pair" consisting of one male and two females. Sadly both females have some problems (one has recessive shortsightedness and the other high fertility paired with no fertility, but I will just choose their kids without those impairments.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

The first two kiddos born are a melanistic female and a reddish masked male. Sadly they both inherited their moms flaws, but if they get better counterparts I may keep them.

• Like 2

After a continuous all-female crisis two male cubs have been born. Their immunities fit perfectly with two other female cubs, so ladies and gentlemen, we have a next generation!

• Eek! 2

3 minutes ago, MODTRESS said:

Are big ears in your gene pool?

They were a few recessive ones floating around like 1 or 2 generations back but now they have completely been removed.

• Sad 1

Just now, mhiahia said:

They were a few recessive ones floating around like 1 or 2 generations back but now they have completely been removed.

Not on purpose may I add, I just happened to pick breeders that did not carry them.

• Paw up 1

Well hello good sir, how does it feel to be surrounded by walking killing machines?

20210722213728_1.thumb.jpg.41cc9624db7b5f003a0b51f69651c0c1.jpg

Sidenote, the two cubs on the lowest row are the next breeding pair.

• Haha 1

Uuugh I just noticed that the only two ports available are either swamp (left) or snow (right). I really do not want to deal with snow islands right now but going left would mean downgrading on island difficulty.

• Sad 2

I took the left port and now there is a whale island port, so the jungle is not that far away anymore!

20210722222448_1.thumb.jpg.9626147d0bcd67f60bdafdbb62f350de.jpg

These two both have 9 strength and we are about to go even higher.

20210722222348_1.thumb.jpg.53b813638bb5456fa0a9880c9be273a0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

The first three kiddos were great and now they have had three cubs that still have one claw. Hopefully there are some more good ones on the way.

• Like 2