Stray Fawn Community

Age level: Senior

Lemodile

In Niche there are currently 4 age levels: Baby, Child, Teen, Adult. I'm missing the elderly, and more in general the effects of advancing age.

Some ideas regarding this age level would be:

• infertility
  • a decline in sensory ability (seeing hearing smelling)
  • Paw up 3
  • Love 1

8 replies to this post

This would be really cool! I'd love to see it as an optional feature/sandbox setting, like how other life stages can be edited currently. An elder stage would definitely add more dynamic to the population; I like the idea that once nichelings reach a certain age they're no longer able to breed. I'm not sure if additional penalties (like sensory decline, etc.) would be too much of a disadvantage, but maybe that could be a customization option as well? I also think it could be cool if this affected their physical appearance as well, like if the manes grew longer on male nichelings or if they turned white/gray around their muzzles. Overall nice idea! :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've been thinking of this ever since I got this game. I'd really like to see that. Maybe something like...

-1 Speed if their original speed was 2 or more

-1 Swimming if their original speed was 2 or more

-1 Strength

-1 Cold resistence

+1 Distasteful Appearence

Low fertility or infertile

Or we could just make them low fertile and take out a gem and call it even.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, saphirascale said:

I've been thinking of this ever since I got this game. I'd really like to see that. Maybe something like...

-1 Speed if their original speed was 2 or more

-1 Swimming if their original speed was 2 or more

-1 Strength

-1 Cold resistence

+1 Distasteful Appearence

Low fertility or infertile

Or we could just make them low fertile and take out a gem and call it even.

Yeah, minus one on all those stats is probably good (and distasteful appearance is an interesting addition to that list), and low fertility I think instead of infertility, maybe minus 3 or 4 from their original fertility rating (so nearly infertile nichelings would be infertile, high fertility nichelings would still be fertile but low fertility). Also, maybe elders should have like something extra to contribute to the tribe in wisdom or something someway so ppl wont want to just kill them off...idk if ppl would do that to nichelings who have served their tribe well but who knows. Also, maybe elders cannot be banished from the tribe

• Love 1

On 1/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, Emeraldheart said:

This would be really cool! I'd love to see it as an optional feature/sandbox setting, like how other life stages can be edited currently. An elder stage would definitely add more dynamic to the population; I like the idea that once nichelings reach a certain age they're no longer able to breed. I'm not sure if additional penalties (like sensory decline, etc.) would be too much of a disadvantage, but maybe that could be a customization option as well? I also think it could be cool if this affected their physical appearance as well, like if the manes grew longer on male nichelings or if they turned white/gray around their muzzles. Overall nice idea! :)

well uhh, the fertility thing should only be on females?

maybe.

It would make sense.

• Paw up 2

1 hour ago, Zixvir said:

well uhh, the fertility thing should only be on females?

maybe.

It would make sense.

I think males should have decreased fertility, and females may loose more fertility or loose it all together. Maybe females have -4 or -5 fertility and males have only -3 fertility when in the elder stage. I think it should be a minus so more fertile nichelings would still be more fertile than less fertile ones even in the elder stage.

• Like 1