Katumai

23 minutes ago, 🏱︎︎☠︎👍︎☜︎☼︎👍︎☹︎✌︎🕈︎🗐 said:

Sounds like a strategic niche player

Wait...

Sounded like a strategic niche player : D

trust me, he's not dead

• Like 1

Burying the dead was never fun.

Not just because of the smell either. Nobody enjoys burying bodies, not even nichelings who kill on a regular basis.

It's especially heartbreaking when it's someone you loved.

"I'm sorry, mom..."

Capst stood over a hole, staring sadly at Tippip's bloody and limp body at the bottom. Zaptide was helping bury the bodies, since he was the only one with digging paw.

Her mother was gone.

What kind of monsters ripped a mother away from her own child?

"I couldn't save you..."

She had nobody now. Nobody. Her mother was dead. Her father could have been anyone. The only sibling she had died moments after he had taken his first breath.

She was alone now.

She was numb to the sympathetic and pitying looks sent her way as she walked towards the river. They acted like they understood.

They didn't.

They couldn't.

They had all lost people, but only she knew what it felt like to lose the only one you had left.

------------------

"Hm?"

Capst startled, whipping her head around to stare at the voice.

Oh.

It was Pocky.

He was looking at her. Did he want something?

"Did you want something? Or are you here for the view?"

Oh. Right.

"Oh, um, how are your wounds?"

He shrugged, reaching a paw up to his face and rubbing the deep cut across his cheek.

"They're okay. I wasn't aware that the teeth were serrated."

Capst nodded, and silence settled over them.

Not the peaceful silence. The awkward kind.

--------------

This female was strange.

Nobody had ever willingly sat with him for longer than a minute before.

Was she alright?

Maybe she was sick?

Or maybe she was feeling blue? Black? Blue-black?

She helped him. He could at least try and return the favor.

Hm...

Maybe she would feel better if he gave her something. Gifts cheered people up, right?

Not that there was much in this place.

Let's see...

What made him happy?

Bumblebees. The taste of broken jungle branches. Soft, cold winds. The texture of sand. The color yellow. Flowers-

Flowers.

He could find some of those.

He scanned the area, sniffed the air, felt the ground, even listened-nothing.

Wait...

Bingo.

He jumped into the river, swimming across and pushing against the rushing tide without so much as a second thought.

Capst was telling him to come back, but he would be fine.

He was already on the other side.

Nudging away some foliage, he crouched low to the ground, sniffing at the bright plants.

A cluster of purples, shaped like some sort of daisy and smelling of berries and salt.

A patch of whites and pinks and pale blues, layers of petals and smelling of sweet things and iron and blood.

He grabbed a few of each, turned, and went right across the river again.

Capst was staring at him as he climbed back up, not even bothering to shake the water from his fur. 

He dropped the flowers at her paws, flicking an ear and looking at her expectantly.

She stared at the flowers for a few heartbeats.

Did she not feel better? He tried, he gave her stuff, why was she still feeling bad?

A few more moments.

She looked back up at him.

And smiled.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Fun fact: The flowers Pocky gave Capst are Asters (the purple ones) and Candytufts (the pink, white and blue ones)

Asters symbolize love (hehehe, but he doesn't know that) and Candytufts symbolize indifference (because, y'know, this is Pocky we're talking about)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eek! 2

*inhale*

Im bored so imma state all the deaths but as Minecraft
Cocospill was slain by Unknown Monster.

Chardonnay was eaten alive by Zombies.

Everest was Slain by Zombies.

Almond turned.
Tippip Was Also Eaten alive by Zombies.

sorry if I got any wrong lol

• Like 3

On 9/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Spooky Pancake said:

*inhale*

Almond turned.

Who says Cocospill was ever truly slain?

On 9/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Spooky Pancake said:

*inhale*

Almond turned.

1 minute ago, Foxy Kaza said:

Same goes for Everest. He got them runners paws.

14 minutes ago, Foxy Kaza said:

12 minutes ago, Foxy Kaza said:

Same goes for Everest. He got them runners paws.

H m m m m m

I was a bit stuck on what to do for this next chapter, so I just decided to write some flashback-ish things about how the og 5 nichelings ended up on the same island. (Everest and Starstruck are from the same tribe, so I just put them together, though it is from Starstruck's perspective)

Everest and Starstruck

You'd think being in a jungle would keep you at least a little bit safe from the monsters. 

Thick foliage, meat-eating plants, rivers everywhere-a full functioning nicheling could barely avoid all of those dangers, much less a creature that seemed unable to comprehend that it even existed.

"Vaccum, hurry up!"

They were mistaken.

The tribe was big, yet somehow these dead things were picking them off one by one.

Everyone was panicking, fighting for their lives against the creatures that nobody was able to kill no matter how hard they hit. Hell, these things were getting their throats torn clean open, yet they still stumbled forward, completely unaffected by the bloodloss.

Screaming.

So much screaming.

Starstruck stumbled backwards, pressing his back against one of the towering trees and surveying the chaos before him.

Nichelings-dead ones, ones he knew-littered the ground, either being torn apart and eaten by the monsters or rising up moments later as one of those...things.

Wait...

"Quixotic?!"

This couldn't happen.

He pushed forward, narrowly avoiding a few monsters as he rushed to the middle of the panic and desperately searched for someone. 

"Quixotic?!"

"Over here!"

He whipped around, sighing in relief as the other nicheling darted around a few monsters and ran to him. 

Starstruck met him halfway, briefly wrapping his wing around Quixotic's back and pulling him close, then scanning the area for some way-any way-out of the massive horde of monsters and dead bodies.

Wait-

Where the hell was Pression in all of this?

She was their leader, why wasn't she out here protecting her tribe?

Her guards were everywhere, either fighting the monsters or dead upon the ground. Maybe he could grab a few and run with them to somewhere safer, for protection.

Where though? Who?-

Jest.

Jest was just a few meters away.

Starstruck dashed forward, grabbing Quixotic and dragging them both towards Jest as if their lives depended on it. 

The male was battling ruthlessly, surrounded by monsters on all sides yet still managing to send each one sprawling to the ground with a hit to the head.

Just before Starstruck reached him however, one of the monsters snapped it's jaws around the back of his neck, pulling him to the ground where he was vulnerable to the dozens of hungry creatures coming at him.

There was no way he was going to make it out of that.

Starstruck quickly halted, whipping around and running in the opposite direction with Quixotic on his heels.

He could barely see anything-the monsters and his tribemates were all scattered around, and he couldn't hear his thoughts over the screams.

"Quixotic, we-"

Where did he go?

"Quixotic?"

He couldn't see anything in the sea of death. Quixotic had just...vanished.

"Quixotic?! Quixotic, please! Come back! Where are you?!"

"Starstruck!"

His head shot up, frantically scanning the hundreds of nichelings amidst the clearing.

Two males were dashing towards him, though not very fast, considering they had the same...predicament, as he did with the paws.

"Mars! Jupiter!"

He rushed to meet them, not getting very far as he stumbled and tripped over the limp body of someone else. By the time he looked back up, his brothers were gone, lost again in the crowd.

He was frozen. It seemed that everyone he loved had disappeared.

He took the time to realize just how many of his tribemates were dead on the ground.

Rotline, Lasmine, Minipur, Forecher, Guardivan, Bosy, Machint-and those were just the ones he could see.

Dead.

They were all dead.

He pushed himself up, shoving through the crowd and aiming for the trees.

More dead tribemates.

Ridge, Custonen, Breetch, Snowhood, Ivyburst.

He was almost there.

Satchja, Mismatch, Zipber-

Zipber? What?

"...dad?"

He stopped, just at the treeline, and stared at the broken and rotting body of his father sprawled upon the ground. 

It figured he wouldn't make it very far with those paws, but...

Maybe he really was alone now. Nobody had escaped, it seemed.

Quixotic, Mars, Jupiter, Jest-they were all gone. He had no idea where Comet and their mother was, though she probably left the second this all started. She had wings-it was easy for her.

Holding back the tears and the shaking, Starstruck pushed forward, bursting through the trees and dashing through the forest. All of the monsters seemed to be focused on the tribe at the moment.

It seemed he was the only survivor.

How was he supposed to live alone?-

His pace was broken by some sort of impact, sending him tripping over himself and landing hard on the ground. He groaned, rubbing his head with his wing and briefly checking to see what had stopped him.

...no way.

Everest. He was on the ground too, shaking some dust from his fur and staring fearfully at Starstruck. He was alive.

He could escape with him.

Without a word or an explanation, he grabbed Everest and shoved him forward. Though he seemed confused, it was clear that he could hear the screams and sense the complete horror coming from his former home.

They ran. Ran until they reached the beach.

Even when there was no port-they swam.

Swam until they reached the biting cold.

----------------------------------

I'll write the others later, but for now these will just be posted whenever I'm stuck on what else to write fugyihijk

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

"You're not real." He whispered.

And the other nicheling paused, eyes darting down to the claw marks he scuffed into the dirt for a single, shameful moment.

The two didn't say anything, and everywhere and everyone and everything he ever knew never felt more wrong in that moment. More fake. More confusing and difficult.

And so he stayed silent, numb to the burning flames that lapped at his back.

------------------------------------

"I hate her."

Zaptide blinked, turning his attention over to his sister, who glared sharply to her right. 

Pocky and Capst were by the river again.

"Capst? Why?"

"She's just using him. I can't let her do that."

For the first time in a while, Zaptide felt a spike of anger hit him. "Last time I checked, you didn't care about him."

Wildfire shifted her gaze, eyes still narrowed, and glared at him questioningly.

"He almost died because of you." He had to stop himself from following that up with a hiss, instead opting to stab the blunt claws of his digging paw into the earth.

"That wasn't my fault!" Wildfire snapped, jumping to her paws and shoving her muzzle so close to his face he could feel her breath. He was much taller than her, but she didn't seem to care.

"He did that on his own!"

Zaptide hissed, aggressively raking his claws through the dirt. That anger wasn't going to stay in much longer.

"You taunted him. You told him to do it. You know he doesn't know how things work! His brain works differently-he doesn't understand!"

"I know that better than anyone! I've been there his whole life, you've barely done a thing for him! You barely do anything! You-"

Zaptide snapped. He struck out his paw, batting Wildfire in the face and sending her to the ground. She sat there for a few moments, staring at the blood on her paw from where she pressed it against her head.

His anger fizzled out, and he whipped around, retreating into the grass and away from...her. 

He hated her.

"Ow!"

Zaptide jolted, leaping backwards like a frightened rabbil and staring at the lump of white fur glaring at him from the ground. 

"You stepped on my tail! Rude!"

....who was this again?

She seemed to read his mind, because she huffed and stood to her paws, giving him a weird look.

"Why are you out here? Do you have a tribe?"

"What's wrong with your face?"

Yeah uh, that probably wasn't the best thing to ask. It was a valid question though-the only nicheling he had seen with that kind of face was Chardonnay, and look where that got him....

"Wow, you're just a real gentleman, aren't you? I was born like this. Now get outta my way, I smell food."

------------------------------------------------

Oops, still no screenshots dtfgyuhi

And that thing at the beginning? I've decided that each chapter following this one, I'll write a little glimpse into the future at the start. There won't be any colored text and nobody will be named (or their names will be replaced with symbols, like: #@%^$) so you won't know who it is until the chapter comes. I'm sure you can figure out, though ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

Alright, as far as I remember, there should be screenshots from now on

And in, uh...celebration(?)of that, here's a screenshot of every nicheling after the first generation (not including Cocospill and Chardonnay) and a few notes on their personality

Wildfire.png.bc29ff57885955baf4156e94f5dd778d.png

-The second-born child of the tribe, Starstruck's daughter

-Was there to witness her sister's death, but doesn't really even remember her

-Used to be spunky, friendly, and overall a pleasant person

-She's now become a shell of what she used to be after the deaths of the two nichelings she loved most,  Almond and Everest

-Has a burning hatred for Capst because of her friendship with Pocky

-Has a problem with shifting blame and reasoning that it's anyone's fault but her own

-Has a scar on her right cheek, just under eye (from when Zaptide snapped)

-Strangely possessive of her brother

Pocky.png.7b7e9d143ed29a8e32d9acec0ec992ac.png

-The third child born in the tribe's original home, Bastille's son

-Has a habit of speaking in colors and things nobody really understands except him (Synesthesia)

-Has a very vivid memory of Cocospill's death despite being so young

-Unafraid of death, both for himself and for others

-Spends a lot of time by the water

-Feels distanced and isolated from his whole tribe

-While he doesn't understand Capst's intentions, he's glad that she acknowledges him without thinking he's crazy

-He worries about Zaptide a lot, maybe he wasn't the best nicheling to have raised him...

-"It's all blue-black here too. I'm sorry that you can't escape."

Tippip.png.fa89ac2fd648455bb124cf8f61b100f1.png

-Last child born in the mountains, Mitara's daughter (unknown father)

-Uh....

-Well, hmm....

-Nobody cares, moving on

Zaptide.png.c5bcc162da3ce791e92e69b5eea0ed76.png

-First child born in the jungle (I think???), Everest's son

-Cold, stoic, quiet, and distanced from everyone in his tribe

-Mostly raised by Pocky, his older brother, and grew up believing that the normal way to act was to not care about anything (this was more of an observation than Pocky directly telling him anything)

-Never really met his father as the tribe kept him away from children, but nobody ever told him why (he has no idea that Cocospill ever existed)

-While Almond was usually out gathering food and Zaptide didn't see her all that often, they did have some good moments and after her death he's wondering why they keep fighting to stay alive

Capst.png.c124d0bcdaccdddfeaf3b8203cf2b72b.png

-Second (?) child born in the jungle, Tippip's daughter (unknown father)

-Had to step up as a healer at a pretty young age, even before Bastille uh...'went missing'

-She's pretty overwhelmed and has a natural empathy, always worrying about everyone and what she can do to help

-Became absolutely heartbroken after the death of her mother, who was the only nicheling who was ever truly there for her

-She naturally drifted towards Pocky because he seemed lonely too, and she feels a connection with him

-Still has nightmares about the day her mother died, watching her get ripped apart by monsters left and right

Humenke.png.c653821c862122c9fe3021381ec95694.png

-Third (?) child born in the jungle, Starstruck and Statter's son

-Statter was completely awkward around children, so Humenke became completely useless at social interaction

-Even though Statter had calmed down from her bratty self, she still had a bad temper, so Humenke's response to pretty much anything is to get angry

-Someone asks him a question? "What, why would I know that? HEY, STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT! WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM, STUPID? GO JUMP IN A CARNIVOROUS PLANT AND BURN TO DEATH!"

-Statter's 'death' really messed him up, even if she wasn't the best mother-he still refuses to come to the conclusion that she's dead, "She just got lost. She'll be back."

Chunei.png.2abbae0dc5bc93b8651724c3b5aa60ab.png

-Former wanderer, found by Zaptide when he was taking a walk

-Kinda snappy and sarcastic, but she has a good heart

-Her claws are bathed red from the blood of her enemies

annndd i think thats everyone right now? Starstruck is the only one from the first gen left alive, and a few nichelings are pregnant, so there will be more soon

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I KNOW THAT ITS BEEN A HOT MINUTE AND THIS ISNT DEAD, I CAN ACTUALLY UPDATE IT TODAY SINCE ITS HALLOWEEN AND IT ONLY SEEMS RIGHT

(also i was mistaken-the next post or two still wont have screenshots, this laptop has issues drytguhij)

• Eek! 2

This isn't going anywhere.

He sighed, shoving away another tall stalk of grass as it whipped him in the face. 

All the monsters have probably taken the prey. What a waste of time...

This was useless. He had set out hours ago, and here he was, coming back with nothing. Hopefully mother wouldn't have his head for this...

A twig snapped.

"...do I even want to turn around?"

"Well, I'm not a predator, if that's what you're wondering."

Before he could respond, something jumped out in front of him, snapping more twigs and staring him in the eye.

Huh. A female, supposedly a wanderer.

She was...surprisingly (scarily) tall. Well, at least a lot taller than him.

...uh, was she missing an eye?

"Why are you out here all alone?" The strange wanderer asked, still standing straight up and tilting her head down to even be able to see him. 

"Ah, my tribe sent me out to hunt, but I think those monsters have picked this place clean."

"Your tribe?" The female narrowed her eyes. "Hm...say, could you bring me there? I just...need to figure something something out."

----------------------------------------------

"Pocky? will you be okay for a moment?"

"Mhm."

In all honesty, Capst's voice was ringing on deaf ears at the moment. He barely paid attention as she shot him a concerned look and trotted off to do whatever.

He was tired.

So tired.

Everything was beginning to wear down on his senses. Capst was good company, but sometimes he just needed to be alone. And...

Why did Wildfire keep staring at him? Was she still riled up about the Chardonnay thing? They barely knew him...was it really that bad? 

Hey, was there always a nicheling staring at him from across the river?

Pocky blinked, tiredly watching as the stranger cautiously stepped towards the edge of the water. His eyes darted down to the current for a brief moment before locking on Pocky again.

"Fancy seein' you here."

...was that an accent? What the hell-

"...Do I know you?"

The other male looked at the river again for a heartbeat, then smiled. "No, I don't think we're acquainted yet. Name's Tether."

This guy was strange. But...in a nice way. His voice was nice (the accent wasn't bad), he seemed like a nice guy-

He's nice to look at, too.

"Pocky."

Tether nodded, never dropping that smile as he sat down and started swaying side to side. He didn't seem happy, not quite...contented? Possibly? 

"Nice to meet ya."

Silence fell over them for a moment, and Pocky took the time to gather his thoughts. Well, more like stare at Tether as if he was some urban legend.

Soft grey fur,

Green-red-yellow, like summer.

Beige spots,

Like how flowers smell or cotton feels.

Fangs,

Sharper than bluebird talons.

A long, sleek tail,

Winding and winding like the paths of one's mind.

Water body,

Sleek yet sharp like a rose's stem.

Yellow eyes.

Pretty.

"Are ya just gonna sit there and study me all day? I doubt I'm that interesting."

Pocky slowly returned to his senses. Tether was staring at him curiously, now laying down with his forepaws dipped in the river. His head tilted slightly.

Mom did that a lot.

There was silence for a few more seconds, before Pocky joined him in dipping his paws in the cool water. 

Everest had died here.

"You are."

"Hm. Really?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you here anyway?"

"To get away from it all. To escape all the danger and the distress around every corner."

"Do you miss your home?"

Tether scoffed, dropping that smile for the first time and raking his claws on the riverbank.

"No. Not at all. None of it...it's all blue-black there."

Pocky blinked, narrowing his eyes at Tether and wondering if he heard that right.

"It's all blue-black here, too. I'm sorry that you can't escape..."

"Pocky? who are you talking to?"

Pocky jumped, startled out of his fur and whipping around to face Capst. He took a moment to realize how small she looked next to him, then forced his fur to lie flat.

"Oh, it's-"

He turned to face the river again, but Tether was gone. Completely gone. No trace he had even been there-no pawprints or fur or even a sound.

Gone.

-------------------------

oH WOW LOOK AT THAT, AN UPDATE

I might even be able to get another one out today if I feel up to it dytfgyuhuij

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Katumai said:

He sighed, shoving away another tall stalk of grass as it whipped him in the face. 

This was useless. He had set out hours ago, and here he was, coming back with nothing. Hopefully mother wouldn't have his head for this...

A twig snapped.

Before he could respond, something jumped out in front of him, snapping more twigs and staring him in the eye.

"Why are you out here all alone?" The strange wanderer asked, still standing straight up and tilting her head down to even be able to see him. 

"Ah, my tribe sent me out to hunt, but I think those monsters have picked this place clean."

"Your tribe?" The female narrowed her eyes. "Hm...say, could you bring me there? I just...need to figure something something out."

"Mhm."

In all honesty, Capst's voice was ringing on deaf ears at the moment. He barely paid attention as she shot him a concerned look and trotted off to do whatever.

He was tired.

So tired.

Everything was beginning to wear down on his senses. Capst was good company, but sometimes he just needed to be alone. And...

Why did Wildfire keep staring at him? Was she still riled up about the Chardonnay thing? They barely knew him...was it really that bad? 

Pocky blinked, tiredly watching as the stranger cautiously stepped towards the edge of the water. His eyes darted down to the current for a brief moment before locking on Pocky again.

"Fancy seein' you here."

"...Do I know you?"

The other male looked at the river again for a heartbeat, then smiled. "No, I don't think we're acquainted yet. Name's Tether."

This guy was strange. But...in a nice way. His voice was nice (the accent wasn't bad), he seemed like a nice guy-

"Pocky."

Tether nodded, never dropping that smile as he sat down and started swaying side to side. He didn't seem happy, not quite...contented? Possibly? 

"Nice to meet ya."

Silence fell over them for a moment, and Pocky took the time to gather his thoughts. Well, more like stare at Tether as if he was some urban legend.

Soft grey fur,

Beige spots,

Fangs,

A long, sleek tail,

Water body,

Yellow eyes.

Pretty.

"Are ya just gonna sit there and study me all day? I doubt I'm that interesting."

Pocky slowly returned to his senses. Tether was staring at him curiously, now laying down with his forepaws dipped in the river. His head tilted slightly.

Mom did that a lot.

There was silence for a few more seconds, before Pocky joined him in dipping his paws in the cool water. 

Everest had died here.

"You are."

"Hm. Really?"

"Yeah."

"To get away from it all. To escape all the danger and the distress around every corner."

"Do you miss your home?"

Tether scoffed, dropping that smile for the first time and raking his claws on the riverbank.

Pocky blinked, narrowing his eyes at Tether and wondering if he heard that right.

Pocky jumped, startled out of his fur and whipping around to face Capst. He took a moment to realize how small she looked next to him, then forced his fur to lie flat.

"Oh, it's-"

He turned to face the river again, but Tether was gone. Completely gone. No trace he had even been there-no pawprints or fur or even a sound.

Gone.

I might even be able to get another one out today if I feel up to it dytfgyuhuij

Does pocky have Schizophrenia?

Just now, The Pancake of Halloween said:

Does pocket have Schizophrenia?

Not exactly? He has Synesthesia (which shows in the way he thinks and talks a lot), but it isn't common for his mind to conjure up some weird stuff (he's even had entire memories that have never happened before)

but who says that Tether has anything to do with that? ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katumai said:

Not exactly? He has Synesthesia (which shows in the way he thinks and talks a lot), but it isn't common for his mind to conjure up some weird stuff (he's even had entire memories that have never happened before)

but who says that Tether has anything to do with that? ;) 

Hmm

Okay

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 3:31 PM, Katumai said:

A twig snapped.

"Mhm."

He was tired.

So tired.

"Fancy seein' you here."

"...Do I know you?"

"Pocky."

"Nice to meet ya."

Soft grey fur,

Beige spots,

Fangs,

A long, sleek tail,

Water body,

Yellow eyes.

Pretty.

Mom did that a lot.

Everest had died here.

"You are."

"Hm. Really?"

"Yeah."

"Do you miss your home?"

"Oh, it's-"

Gone.

Oh heck yeah I need a gay Pocky

• Paw up 1

Almond

"The ocean is really pretty, isn't it?"

"...Almond, I can't see it."

"Oh, right...it's still really pretty though!"

"Mhm."

"Um...are you okay? You've seemed a bit more withdrawn than usual, is it Honey? Did she say something?"

"No, no, don't...don't talk about her like that."

"Right, I'm sorry."

"Hey Steel?"

"Hm?"

"What is that thing?"

--------------------

It had started simple enough. Mud came back one day with a limp, explaining that a rogue nicheling had bit her. Nothing too serious, they treated it and moved on.

But...she kept coughing in the night, almost choking on what seemed like nothing. She wheezed and at one point, it sounded like she was hyperventilating.

Come morning, they found her stuck in some thorns, growling and snapping at anyone who dared get close. 

Her eyes were clouded.

Honey said to just leave her, but...Almond couldn't do that. This was her sister.

Mud went straight for Ebony.

Things went downhill from there.

--------------

"Steel!? Steel!?"

She bolted through the crowd, jumping away from snapping jaws and desperately calling out for her friend. Her only friend. 

She refused to look at the slowly rising corpses of her family.

"STEEL!?"

She couldn't find him. Where-where was he?

She could have sworn she caught a glimpse of yellow-grey fur, before something struck her and she found herself pinned to the ground. 

Mushroom-no, no, not Mushroom...not anymore-a monster loomed over her, eyes fogged over with death and jaws slavering. It's head ducked down, snapping dangerously close to Almond's throat as she desperately tried to shove it away.

She looked frantically from left to right, searching for something, anything that could save her-

"...Honey?"

Honey was alive. She was alive, walking through the monsters without fear and sending them sprawling with a single blow to the head. 

"Honey! Honey, help!"

The female looked her way, batting away another monster and slowly, almost casually, making her way over to Almond.

Relief flooded through her-Honey was here to help.

"Honey? Honey, please-get it off!"

Honey merely stared, and Almond could have sworn she saw a small ghost of a smile on her face. She only time she'd ever seen her smile.

"Hm...nope, I'm good. Hey, if you see my brother, can you tell him that I'm looking for him? Thanks."

And with that, Honey left, vanishing into the grass. 

The monsters were getting back up now, all seemingly hearing Almond's struggle and heading towards her.

In a last moment of desperation, Almond kicked as hard as she could into the monster's stomach, flipping it over into a patch of thorns.

She cringed at the sound of fur and flesh tearing, quickly standing up and choking back a horrified sound at the sight of Mushroom...she couldn't believe she had just done that-Mushroom was innocent, what was wrong with her?-

She didn't have time. They were coming.

She bolted to the port, taking one last glance back at her old home. 

Something caught her eye on the ground.

Was that wing membrane?

Shaking her head, she hopped across the rocks, begging and praying that it wasn't a piece of Steel she saw back there.

------------

She'd never seen snow before.

It was cold. So cold. But nice.

She turned around. "Hey Steel, isn't it..."

Nobody was there.

------------------------------

oH WOW, AN UPDATE????? KAT UPDATED??? HOLY-

but uh yeah, sorry for not updating for a while-things happened

I've got a proper chapter coming here in a bit, either tonight or tomorrow (and this one actually has a screenshot!)

k bye

(also i'm sorry Foxy I have no clue how to write half of your characters, forgive me sister)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

"Where is he?!"

He could hear the panic in her voice, watching with wide eyes as she darted towards the soaked, tired nicheling.

#@%*$ stood leaned against a tree, breathing heavily, head ducked, seeming...guilty.

"#@%*$, WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS HE?!" She flinched back a bit at the screaming, looking anywhere but the panicked female.

"I'm sorry...he..."

"HE WHAT?!"

"We were cornered, he fell in the river-I...I couldn't save him. He drowned, I'm so sorry."

"No...no no no no..." ^&$%* shook her head frantically, nearly collapsing on the ground as she fell into a crouch and closed her eyes tightly.

"Please no...not him, please...he's all I have left, I can't-"

------------------------

"When did this happen?"

She tried to keep the disdain out of her voice-really, she tried.

It just didn't work.

"Oh, um, not long ago. I've been pregnant for a while, didn't you notice?"

Capst smiled politely, shifting the little furball to lay between her paws. She looked so...happy. Wildfire fought the urge to gag when she looked at the child.

Her brother's child.

"Well, no. I'm not usually looking at you."

"Oh, I'm sorry...I uh, didn't mean-"

"Whatever, shut up. I'm leaving."

"Oh, okay..."

Wildfire stormed away, leaving Capst to watch her leave, a million thoughts running through her head.

"...hey."

Capst snapped out of her thoughts, looking to the left to find Zaptide nervously scraping at the ground with his digging paw.

"I uh, heard...congratulations. It's um, it's Pocky's right? Can I see it?"

"Of course."

Capst leaned back a bit, allowing room for Zaptide to come closer and look at the child.

There was silence for a few moments, and for once Zaptide seemed...less closed off. He was more relaxed, and didn't seem so alert. 

"Striking resemblance."

"I know, it's strange."

"Hey um, have you seen Pocky? He hasn't come to visit yet, I'm starting to get worried."

1509749529_IL1.png.cd47f14a7253cb4fb729e13892b3ea9d.png

------------

ANNNDD, THERE'S YOUR UPDATE

This is literally the only screenshot I have for this playthrough, oops dytfuygihyiu

WOAH, POCKY HAS A KID?? YEP

CANT SAY IF HE'LL BE A VERY GOOD DAD THOUGH-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

30 minutes ago, Katumai said:

also i'm sorry Foxy I have no clue how to write half of your characters, forgive me sister)

It is yes. I have no idea how to write yours either, but you're doing great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Katumai said:

Honey merely stared, and Almond could have sworn she saw a small ghost of a smile on her face. She only time she'd ever seen her smile.

"Hm...nope, I'm good. Hey, if you see my brother, can you tell him that I'm looking for him? Thanks."

And with that, Honey left, vanishing into the grass. 

A60D5DEA-200C-478E-A2F4-B0271E0CE22E.jpeg.68a2ac800d302ebda4e1fbe291a23227.jpeg

• Haha 2