Stray Fawn Community

Infectious Lands-Aka Niche except it's the Walking Dead

Katumai

Just now, Pancake said:

Why do I feel like pocky’s theme song would be the stranger things intro theme?-

He's actually based more on this song (which might not make a lot of sense at the moment, but it will later-):

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

maybe I should kinda explain what the hell Pocky means when he talks about all those colors-

I'll update this as he keeps saying them

Yellow: Calm

Blue-Black: Melancholy/Isolation 

Orange-Green-Purple: Confusion 

Purple-Red: Uneasiness

Red-Orange: Nice/Lovely

Purple-Green-Pink: Peculiar/Odd/Strange

Rainbow: Overwhelming/Difficult/Hard to comprehend

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

Considering Everest's last kid was eaten alive, Bastille decided that he should probably have another one.

Except this time he wasn't allowed to be left alone with it.

Almond didn't object to having more children, but she did feel bad for Everest. She didn't blame him for what happened to Cocospill.

"What's his name?" Pocky asked, leaning his head down and sniffing at the bundle of fur between Almond's paws.

She smiled, though her eyes seemed distant, like she wasn't completely there. 

Something purple-red, what is it called? Maybe I'll remember later...

"Zaptide."

Pocky nodded, sitting down and blinking at the child. He wanted to say something, but he wasn't sure what-it just sat in his head and didn't come out into words.

Oh wait, it came back to him, that's nice...wait-

"He's red-orange, really."

Dammit. He was trying to avoid that.

Even though Almond clearly had no idea of what he just said, she just smiled and nodded. 

"Yeah, he is."

77197575_Screenshot(1256).thumb.png.ffb671d804196619a0e594dc79be0101.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 2

7 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

Considering Everest's last kid was eaten alive, Bastille decided that he should probably have another one.

Except this time he wasn't allowed to be left alone with it.

Almond didn't object to having more children, but she did feel bad for Everest. She didn't blame him for what happened to Cocospill.

"What's his name?" Pocky asked, leaning his head down and sniffing at the bundle of fur between Almond's paws.

She smiled, though her eyes seemed distant, like she wasn't completely there. 

Something purple-red, what is it called? Maybe I'll remember later...

"Zaptide."

Pocky nodded, sitting down and blinking at the child. He wanted to say something, but he wasn't sure what-it just sat in his head and didn't come out into words.

Oh wait, it came back to him, that's nice...wait-

"He's red-orange, really."

Dammit. He was trying to avoid that.

Even though Almond clearly had no idea of what he just said, she just smiled and nodded. 

"Yeah, he is."

77197575_Screenshot(1256).thumb.png.ffb671d804196619a0e594dc79be0101.png

The boi is grown!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

Oh, has the author mentioned Tippip yet?

Yeah, she exists.

Say hi to Tippip everyone! She'll probably never speak a word in her life!

1621270882_Screenshot(1257).thumb.png.c55d7347dcdbe6d047b00c48a774560d.png

I have met your parents, young Tippip.

• Like 1

Since Everest isn't allowed near children anymore, apparently everyone saw fit that Pocky take over babysitting duty.

He had no idea what to do with children, so he just kinda let Zaptide climb all over him. I mean, it was keeping him entertained.

"I would be more angry that you're biting me right now if I wasn't immune to poison." He stretched, laying flat on his stomach as Zaptide chewed on his ear. This kid had more energy than he ever did, that's for sure.

"Okay, now it's starting to hurt-"

Something rustled the grass, and he froze, staring intently. Was it a monster? 

It rustled again, and something akin to a groan came from the foliage. He slowly stood up, crouching down and covering Zaptide with his body, prepared to fight. He may not be scared of death or care much if tragedy came to others, but even he had enough sanity and empathy to realize that nobody should die as young as Zaptide.

Plus, he really didn't want to be demoted to Everest's level.

The grass rustled again, but instead of a monster, a nicheling fell out. Like, an actual normal, uninfected nicheling.

He faceplanted at first, then sat up, violently scratching at a leech on his shoulder with his hind paw.

"Hey uh, can I have some help?!"

Pocky stepped forward, pushing down his paw and ripping the leech off. The strange nicheling sighed, slumping down on the ground with relief. As Pocky observed him, he noted how his face looked.

Purple-green-pink, purple-green-pink, purple-green-pink-

Peculiar. Odd. Strange.

He'd never seen a twisted face on a nicheling before. Did something happen to him?

"Thanks! I'm Chardonnay!"

What kind of name was that?

"Pocky."

720789533_Screenshot(1258).thumb.png.5eeb569967a27502e3455a0d85fabddb.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

Why were they here again?

Neither of them knew how to catch fish, much less a razorania.

Nonetheless, they tried, since the drought was leaving them lacking food.

"Get anything?"

Everest blinked, dragged out of his thoughts as he turned to face Wildfire. She looked tired, and it seemed she failed to catch anything as well.

He shook his head, panting from the intense heat. Even with his lean body, he was burning up. He couldn't imagine how Pocky must have felt. (And he didn't want to)

Wildfire sighed, flopping down and sticking her forepaws in the river to cool down. Everest joined her, closing his eyes and trying to relax.

But he couldn't.

He hadn't relaxed since they came here.

A jungle was probably the worst place they could have come to.

And he didn't think that because of the monsters, or the apes, or the vicious plants-no, none of that. Well, a bit of that, but mostly not.

He hated jungles. He hated them because o-

"Hey dad?"

Again, he was snapped out of his trance, turning to Wildfire and blinking tiredly. He wasn't fazed by her calling him 'dad', she did it all the time. He practically raised her.

She gave him a sad smile, reaching out her paw and lifting one of his out of the water. 

"It wasn't your fault, what happened to Cocospill."

She leaned forward, and he felt her rest her chin on his shoulders, whispering the last part of her sentence. "None of it was. And neither was anything else that happened to you in your past."

They sat in silence, partly because Everest couldn't speak and partly because the moment felt too sacred to break.

In all honesty, he was starting to feel a little choked up. He silently leaned into her, trying to ignore the few tears that fell from eyes. 

There's not many feelings you can compare to the one you get when some someone forgives you.

181656947_Screenshot(1260).thumb.png.458990ad3eba2e1b3f65a27aae7afbe8.png

• Like 4

Pocky spent a lot of time by the water.

The waves were always a way to help him clear his head-well, as close as he could come to it. His head was never really clear. It just helped him understand things better.

Half the time he had trouble being able to fathom that he exists.

The rain was a nice touch. It wasn't hard rain either. It was soft-

Like gentle pawsteps, how a butterfly flaps it's wings, the way berries smell.

Half the time he didn't even understand his own thoughts. They were all rainbow-overwhelming, difficult, hard to comprehend.

Something was in the waves.

A face. Staring back at him.

It wasn't his own, yet he couldn't quite pinpoint why. Maybe it was the fact that it sat just next to his reflection, or that there was nobody next to him.

He twitched an ear, staring back at the smiling image of someone he didn't know.

"Who are you?"

It giggled.

"I'm nobody! Who are you?"

"Are you nobody too?"

1311854881_Screenshot(1263).thumb.png.93f320357bf9d9a5ca0aead0424943c0.png

• Like 4

Oh look at that, Statter finally agreed to have a child.

Unfortunately, it was another boy. Yeah, they definitely needed more of those.

Nothing too important here, just the birth of another side character.

311255506_Screenshot(1266).thumb.png.a9a46098e4ef7b12b27087af212e3568.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

Is that a zombie on the left side?

5 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

I know who your father is, child-

Rule number one of a zombie apocalypse: Don't stay in the same place for too long.

And that's why the tribe was moving-that, and the lack of food sources in their general vicinity.

They were being lead by Bastille and Starstruck, the latter of which seemed to have been one of the only nichelngs to be in a jungle before. That was evident by the way he swerved effortlessly through the trees and seemed to know exactly where to place his paws.

Nobody said a word the entire time, knowing full well that noise could easily get you killed in a world like this.

I guess they weren't careful enough, considering moments later, they turned to watch about a dozen monsters push through the grass and stumble their way over.

839738466_Screenshot(1274).thumb.png.3d596783662ddb03b9266374e697a3e6.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eek! 2

2 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

Rule number one of a zombie apocalypse: Don't stay in the same place for too long.

And that's why the tribe was moving-that, and the lack of food sources in their general vicinity.

They were being lead by Bastille and Starstruck, the latter of which seemed to have been one of the only nichelngs to be in a jungle before. That was evident by the way he swerved effortlessly through the trees and seemed to know exactly where to place his paws.

Nobody said a word the entire time, knowing full well that noise could easily get you killed in a world like this.

I guess they weren't careful enough, considering moments later, they turned to watch about a dozen monsters push through the grass and stumble their way over.

839738466_Screenshot(1274).thumb.png.3d596783662ddb03b9266374e697a3e6.png

Oh no,

I bet this is going to be the epic battle scene part in every Zombie movie-

Also how do you pronounce Bastille

1 minute ago, Pancake said:

Oh no,

I bet this is going to be the epic battle scene part in every Zombie movie-

Also how do you pronounce Bastille

Less like a battle or more like 'everybody just kinda runs away and flails around uselessly because nobody thought to actually try and find a way to kill these things'

1 minute ago, Foxy Kaza said:

Or at least that's how I pronounce it

2 minutes ago, Foxy Kaza said:

bass (like the fish) till

wow,,,you actually got it right rtdyfui

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Possum Girl said:

Less like a battle or more like 'everybody just kinda runs away and flails around uselessly because nobody thought to actually try and find a way to kill these things'

epic

3 minutes ago, Possum Girl said:

HECK YEAH- I'M GREAT AT PRONUNCIATION ON A DAILY BASE, TOTALLY-

What came after that?

Simple: Absolute panic and chaos.

Nobody really knew how to fight these things, and the fact that most hadn't even seen one of them before seriously added to the fear.

Everybody scattered, and the monsters followed suit. 

The jungle left a lot of dead ends.

Pocky was almost completely unconcerned about this situation.

He simply sat there, tail curled around his paws, and listened to the rain.

Wildfire was next to him, though she was a lot more panicked and yelling something that he couldn't hear or really cared about.

Oh, wait-

A couple of them were coming his way.

That's an issue.

He stood up, flinching as his ears finally decided to pick up on something that wasn't the rain. Screams. Lots of them.

"Do you know how to fight these?!"

"Do you?!"

Pocky watched as Wildfire and Chardonnay backed up as the monsters got closer, standing on the edge of the river.

He didn't move a muscle, tilting his head as one of the monsters was mere inches away.

Wildfire pulled him back, staring at him like he was insane. Maybe he was.

It's not normal to be unafraid of death.

He had an idea.

Without a word, he grabbed Chardonnay by the scruff, pulling him forward to sit in front of the other two. Before he could say anything, Pocky curled his tail around, pricking Chardonnay in the throat with the tip.

The other nicheling slowly slumped down, losing conciousness from the venom. Just as he seemed to fall asleep, Pocky tossed him to the monsters, watching as they stopped.

Within heartbeats, the creatures were going to town on the body, tearing it apart with gorey ripping sounds and snappng the bones under their teeth.

Wildfire was frozen, staring at the monsters. Pocky simply nudged her, gesturing to follow as he ran towards a safe space.

"Wh-what?! Why?-Why would you do that?!" She hissed at him when they stopped by the rocks, something in her eyes...what was it?

Black. Why is she feeling black? Black isn't good.

She looked angry-very angry, in fact.

Like how thorns feel on your pads, how mud smells, how-

He shrugged, feeling a rush of orange-green-purple and purple-red run through his veins.

"He didn't feel anything."

216340011_Screenshot(1275).thumb.png.49c23df13294658da30721fef4e94840.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2