Stray Fawn Community

ok so non-niche-related art

Speedyscout

is it ok to post that here? i dont know. just like, delete this or something if it is,, if its like, literally in the rules, sorry i forgot because im dumb sometimes lol

ok here, its not finished. just a wip of some art. background practice is not fun! this is inspired by a sorta-story thing im writing??? i write when i get bored sometimes so, yeah. sorta story. not really. no idea.

aLSO um ,, i never draw in a painterly style like this. but i did. yee. and it was fun. so yeah,, asdhsa here! heres the art. take it. i will post the finished version when i... well, when i HAVE the finished version.

1244548767_dragonwatchwip2.thumb.png.2638a8f66e73fdb76e4002a2c007bc9f.png

• Love 10

Aaand another wip cause I can't resist. The lightning's based on a storm I saw in real life a few months back... Me and my family heard thunder and the sky kept lighting up but we couldn't see the lightning or storm itself, so we drove out at night down to the beach which is like 3 minutes from our house and parked our car and just watched this EPIC storm. I can't even describe it. But anyway, this is inspired by that and here it is! Just a lil sneak peak of the clouds themselves :)

1239696996_Untitled395.png.931e9bdea2a03a924332e1f356719269.png

How. do you clouds. halp

• Like 2
  • Love 3

And,, it's basically finished!! I don't think I want to add anything else so,, yeah!

BUT before I show you the finished image ;) Here's what my very first 'sketch' of the image looked like.

1394351591_dragonwatchwip2.thumb.png.82658c200e909c0342b79fde4ee6e493.png

Yep... Pretty simple, huh? xD 

And now.. the finished result!!

dragonwatch.thumb.png.484d2a399b46bc391e97e2311394f55d.png

I'm pretty proud of how it came out, considering it's one of my first times drawing in a painterly style... also my first/one of my first times (properly) drawing water and clouds too! And I'm terrible at backgrounds. So considering all that it's pretty good! It feels a little bit... Like, idk, empty?? Like it feels like it should be more,,, dramatic. It doesn't capture the amazingness of a real big thunderstorm as well as I'd like, is what I'm saying. But that's basically impossible, so, it's fine! Yeah. Fun stuffs :) 

Also, if you recall in the first post, I mentioned this was inspired by a "story-thing" I'm kinda,, working on a bit? If anyone wants to read that then I could always link to the google doc. My writing isn't great, and I don't have much written for that story, nor is it like... That interesting??, I don't think,, so yeah, but if you wanted to see it I wouldn't mind sharing. So anyway,, the end, hope you like the art, and I'll probably post more non-niche art here in the future. K bye

• Love 7

4 minutes ago, The Higher Cat said:

Could you send a link? I'd love to check out the story.

Sure! It's just some random thing I came up with lol, actaully a rewrite of something I made about a year ago. And it's like,, 2 chapters lol-- Anyhow here ya go! ❤️ 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NAcYPMz6vaLYt4A4aPrQNjG4xnIzM-8NitkE7cUcitE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...