Stray Fawn Community

Let’s talk about our favorite tv shows/movies because why not wow this title is long

Pancake

25 minutes ago, Pancake said:

I like stranger things because yes

Love Stranger Things but in my opinion the third season was the worst so far. They changed the entire tone of the show and made my boy Steve an absolute dumbass which I didnit like at all.

20 minutes ago, Pancake said:

Also I like The umbrella academy

Umbrella Academy is awesome! The new season was soo good. I thought they improved a lot (the first season was also good tho).

25 minutes ago, mhiahia said:

Love Stranger Things but in my opinion the third season was the worst so far. They changed the entire tone of the show and made my boy Steve an absolute dumbass which I didnit like at all.

Umbrella Academy is awesome! The new season was soo good. I thought they improved a lot (the first season was also good tho).

I think Stranger things 3 was Kind of weird because they did change the show drastically, but the cgi with the Gut-Sludge (that’s what I call them lol) creatures were really well made-I sort of agree with your opinion on Steve but I honestly think he got an Improvement somehow because in season one he was just an a*hole and now he’s sort of like a dad for mah boy dusty bun and a baby sitter for the others, and he got over Nancy (Finally)  but I want to see him With a love interest, not Robin (because she likes females) but with someone that likes him, and I want that girl thats also tough But I’m not one to debate so ehh.. (Sorry for the rant lol)

Yeah I think season two is my favorite so far because it gives us story (and I actually talked like I could talk to the characters for some reason lol) And each episode ends on some sort of cliffhanger and it’s really just a funny show, Also, it’s based off a comic book (my favorite characters are Five And Ben) Ben fading away actually made me cry tbh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pancake said:

I think Stranger things 3 was Kind of weird because they did change the show drastically, but the cgi with the Gut-Sludge (that’s what I call them lol) creatures were really well made-I sort of agree with your opinion on Steve but I honestly think he got an Improvement somehow because in season one he was just an a*hole and now he’s sort of like a dad for mah boy dusty bun and a baby sitter for the others, and he got over Nancy (Finally)  but I want to see him With a love interest, not Robin (because she likes females) but with someone that likes him, and I want that girl thats also tough But I’m not one to debate so ehh.. (Sorry for the rant lol)

I've been dying to talk to someone about season 3. See, in my opinion, it was the best produced season - but also the one with the worst writing. Its very jarring when you watch the first two seasons, who are rather similar tonally and then you switch to the third season. Suddenly there are slo-mo scenes, montages, the color palette is so much more colorful - it feels like a completely different show. I also felt like the characters were more caricatures of themselves. It seemed like they took their best known character traits and made that their entire personality. It also seemed like some characters were reduced to be the comic relief characters, others where completely sidelined and some *cough* Steve *cough* were dumbed down an awful lot.

Like, don't get me wrong, I love Steve's character developement. In season one I didn't like him either (even tough him beating up Jonathan/smashing his camera was totally justified seeing that Jonathan took very creepy pictures without consent) and I loved it when he turned into the party's dad. But this season they turned him from an average student (who always seemed kinda dumb because everyone else are huge nerds) to a complete and utter idiot who is basically the big comic relief. Like, for example, why can't he flirt anymore?

There is also everything they did to Hopper's character - there is a really great video about that, I recommend watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3cBJBhrpok

Sorry about the tangent but I figure that is what the topic is meant for.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

17 minutes ago, mhiahia said:

I've been dying to talk to someone about season 3. See, in my opinion, it was the best produced season - but also the one with the worst writing. Its very jarring when you watch the first two seasons, who are rather similar tonally and then you switch to the third season. Suddenly there are slo-mo scenes, montages, the color palette is so much more colorful - it feels like a completely different show. I also felt like the characters were more caricatures of themselves. It seemed like they took their best known character traits and made that their entire personality. It also seemed like some characters were reduced to be the comic relief characters, others where completely sidelined and some *cough* Steve *cough* were dumbed down an awful lot.

Like, don't get me wrong, I love Steve's character developement. In season one I didn't like him either (even tough him beating up Jonathan/smashing his camera was totally justified seeing that Jonathan took very creepy pictures without consent) and I loved it when he turned into the party's dad. But this season they turned him from an average student (who always seemed kinda dumb because everyone else are huge nerds) to a complete and utter idiot who is basically the big comic relief. Like, for example, why can't he flirt anymore?

There is also everything they did to Hopper's character - there is a really great video about that, I recommend watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3cBJBhrpok

Sorry about the tangent but I figure that is what the topic is meant for.

I agree with your opinion that season three was the best produced season and the characters were pushed to the side a bit but it was still a good season and (my personal favorite character) Eleven got some good character development I’m so that’s cool, 
I mean, I agree with your Opinion on Steve, sure, smashing the camera and beating up Jonathan were somewhat justifiable but I don’t think they’ve ruined his character, I think he could become more of a nicer guy, maybe smarten him up a little, sure, but I don’t think he’s ruined. (But what I want to happen is is no way related to what is Going to or might happen and I respect your opinion even though I don’t completely agree.)

(also yes, this is for talking about tv shows and movies like this)

• Like 2

I sorta like Umbrella Academy (its a mixed bag of stuff I love and stuff I hate). Season 2 was kinda fun since it's set in my city they couldn't even get streets right. they'd say a place was at the intersection of two streets and those streets exist but dont actually cross. could they not just do a tiny bit of research??

My favorite shows are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Psych and Lost. shows I'm currently watching are (there's a lot bc I'll just stop watching one for a while) 24 (boring but I have to watch it with my family), the Gifted, Manifest, Timeless

1 minute ago, Sky said:

I sorta like Umbrella Academy (its a mixed bag of stuff I love and stuff I hate). Season 2 was kinda fun since it's set in my city they couldn't even get streets right. they'd say a place was at the intersection of two streets and those streets exist but dont actually cross. could they not just do a tiny bit of research??

My favorite shows are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Psych and Lost. shows I'm currently watching are (there's a lot bc I'll just stop watching one for a while) 24 (boring but I have to watch it with my family), the Gifted, Manifest, Timeless

Oh neat, (That the Umbrella academy season 2 was in your city) but that’s interesting that they didn’t get the streets right but I mean, they did screw with the timeline so maybe that made it wrong on purpose?

• Like 1

uh She-ra, Avatar (the last airbender and legend of korra), Little witch academia, My hero academia, Brand new animal, a few more probably,

the only thing I really have to say about them besides that they are very yes is in She-ra the season 2 finale was kinda underwhelming I guess

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1