Stray Fawn Community

The Gazelle Tribe - A Challenge for Everybody!

ChangingSparks

I’m going to try A Challenge for Everybody/An Honestly Very Hard Challenge and try not to die.

jfe_xl5IJASXCkTEXywJtRQagDkTDsq8FlllhVypTSXq8ahEfzXMY8P0aOZgZlw9AFWOWzeD90tMquKeRloRAdIFBdjySavMqoEneqEswjBHh7uGKcUYJvwbYLunPu1rHhpNgJWH

Here we are! This is my starting nicheling, and she seems to be on a small, swampy island. From what I can see, she is pitch-black (with both black savanna horns and black fur) with light pink stripes and green eyes. She has medium ears, a short snout, a big body, stinky tail, hind legs, and a runner leg to her left and a velvet paw to her right. Of course, due to the settings, she has good eyesight and perfect fertility. I give her the name of Iris, and she decides to wander off for food.

After crossing the shore path, Iris soon stumbles onto a nest and a berry bush. This will be where she calls home for now and is also the perfect opportunity to gather up on food!

JieJvvClpAeJavVvR68y6IDTnPDV5r0G7dFDdRCy9Tw3LwzGVhdPQX--HtPEC6LJ8RaxxqliRtRbEBT8trBQoyP8vTDok1vvjuOMnLQREmOTmKpAJSIckEf7yNbON54O_7Ww7fbq

0_6heLWv1RtCgn4ftUdi2wsE15BObX8Z3UwTs0Ni9qNxH1Skr3NG7h2Z5L7NK4pD8yL9QWcODVjObhGsuuWPNW0c6zFrNkVra0WV2uxXyOqJoulhATzjtXfYw84sVtyChRZq3_Lj

Nearby her nest, however, Iris finds a bright orange male named Inferno. He is blind with a derp snout and a lean body. He has a dark reddish-brown mane, red ram horns, and a nimble finger to his left and a digging paw to his right. Also of note is that he has hind legs and a fishing tail, with his fertility being two.

OE5qR0-QRwq4xsp9L1cOXowQ_eqkVLMZL_0Uejz6tAZW57A4liITcuhsViD--1L3pN1YPN21Zpo6CshcZYnRsIr1ZWCp8U1Ut-Q_uUAYI-lVEEYxPWSeicLa0BRj4CxE5wItPhwp

On day eleven, Inferno and Iris become mates despite their age gap. They continue to gather food in the meanwhile.

There is a wanderer near the territory. But Iris has to have her child first. There’s also a few other things, but nothing important.

GTLJo-RGO-0sZbFgnQnbsPkpnvyNyqxK7FEozib6cEGl5cBGL8aX1ZwTqxRAr-f0zLLjhWKefx1yna3p7Guo2Oe5lqA66FvPzFlcEnBToao_469SjSdcL2NStCh1xNWUCgrHdB9_

Their son! He mostly took after dad but has runner leg and stinky tail. He has dark red fur and most notable is that he displays blue eyes. His name is Dragon.

YBKJreZGDLYlcYxo8bpWTJ4MmmEAoH4LSMnYoCQFmzyU2lY0ACJnAhX_YWl6Lyrfro-0gVVjB0JHYTsmtkcAmooSVbJa8YL3VMEEKxALsVZppU_WpeCI-sASumt5HDiC0jE8GGcl

Soon after Dragon’s birth, the two mates decide to find out who the new wanderer in their territory is. Her name is Snowflake, and as you can tell, she is orange with large white spots. She introduces medium body, claw, and medium tail into the tribe, but also has short-sighted eyes and a deformed paw to her right. At least she has good fertility!

Fought a bearyena, but thankfully everyone’s attack is pretty good, so it died fast! Also dealing with a rogue male…

STflFCVSrYAIRieTfIJIlC4KEZ3GoGBKhIDsUpIsmn783vC85FaNCMjAl_oCDzJvkgAYPM1PqgEVuyiXrQLf53GX6j_SxWoYzS24ZRmfLWwBIL1ooYACFEh-cmOzQvCLs44Mk28q

And then this little guy wanders in! His name is Bolt, and probably most notable about him are those massive ears of his. A lot of my nichelings have horns, and are quick on their feet… Maybe I’ll call them the Gazelle Tribe.

53aKfuzdNpbuTD4QO2U8hAMnfFcYo9ZxOtgopyiYdxsmf3VmkCCyt3I_bbsYbzjFntM8mjDFJXxeh5g81RQr0kXFJRGoHySjDsBEqXCM1jVV9_iIaWPG38-4q-qfeLlMg5ogQGdX

How about NO.

s3MpCUFqfQuB3b14_Wf4-PrT5Y-xU0A7WxzsZOJnYKUPCGUXCo6QsZWWtHKLExVBI7mNYEq9cGdwS6eJBAoDb_dWAcwdtx5-YXZGih96pA62F_SngR4WjEJpiiyHE88pefilYPOj

Dragon meets his little sister, Storm! I now know one of Inferno or Iris has spiky body since she displays it.

87kzn1tGAxjfC7vJJxFjcCOjRfTv_h4ffF5UhSGAKDgDfUes8RBIBHDbrWdgrO1BoYP3eY_6w4bTrhpdpSKmgI63kscSsBaayqT3Ss4PX_GfuHEkDe6aG6yhQF-30alPc4juY5jN

But nothing lasts forever, it seems, for Inferno, the tribe’s rogue male defender, has passed away and there’s now a bearyena in the grasses, ready to hunt these poor grieving nichelings whenever it gets the opportunity.

r25781jFKbKgr6om63CZ6TRrDKUPqKtQ1T9h5x4EyxKSQVWvjqM3edTkTyOdSAsVx7XjK8DNsMmloiq5MutMRCNl5WC9oica589PqdEnXGnR2J4L6nGTHMQa04ps0GUZKFH2t3yi

It is quickly taken out, however, and Snowflake and Bolt soon become mates after the event!

2uiN2yos3XrFTx9g9ze9MAwwjKEMBE8FXwXAyKeseI0eB79DShy6L8poEN3Ur-bsL1jn13BJhzH62IPDg-fPnoOzsmdjCiQeBOnzyUBp3OkJgUVAz6PMtqysnqef1WkoBD-iFiOo

Iris saves a baby boy that nearly drowns, who looks just like her son except for his gray horns and swimming tail. She names him Drake for the similarities to Dragon and soon takes him back to the Gazelle Tribe.

0YqDeA3phVLyW5NHuQn-Z_8mT8Z6TH7lEyGHNKAgOzJ_EeeQa7YzYh7tbCAsvdvJaPV_bxGFLF5JhVUfZZnrmtFiIqGXWKAyOxewvK2bpktOqbDFeuXtig6ki8eWJ2UdKoGVGgtk

Tensions rise, however, when another bearyena attacks and the group try to fight it off. With Snowflake nursing her newborn son and many of the members just too young to fight, Iris decides to take the brunt of the damage and dies...

On the bright side, young Shade is born! He has melanism, so Snowflake or Bolt must have it as well.

Snowflake is getting old, however, but two new wanderers may shake things up!

UC-aOBdJrrtNlvp6hC1lXl0AXGfg_Y9wXC-R7ZEKarvXxpwf8kPUtNkGGd0TUpjK4BLC8R_tZdRxdt9fCCFjtmuB1N_9KpMm_nfbty9vovphPhuAhEgEv-5pulaHipa81FKuirq7

Two-Tone (left) and Sandstorm (right) introduce themselves to the tribe and soon take their places. While Two-Tone knows he won’t last for long, his younger mate will, so now recently pregnant, she decides to take refuge.

wFobwFZSvwWDrD588tEvXVKaCoYYMNKcC81Bu9oey2fKH2EhOWhjGI7Zw-mCGPcC7bynEWbU22cWXMpJ_NT5SPEdZMS2PSNa-CExllS7z3A3fYxU1pijpUZ6goH7IfL__IAFDGA0

It’s day forty-four, and Snowflake and Two-Tone both eventually pass away. Storm is now a full-grown adult and independent member of the tribe, while young Shade is now a teenager himself. Despite the challenges that Iris first faced when settling down in the savanna-forest, her family and their friends have made themselves a new life, but will it last?

How am I doing so far on AHVHC so far? I have 26 nesting material and 100 food.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Sparklepop said:

How am I doing so far on AHVHC so far? I have 26 nesting material and 100 food.

Extremely well, I'd say! Most people ended up dying on the first few days, but I assume this is not the case because your nichelings have generally good strength. 

• Paw up 1
  • Love 1

oYQvRliNTUVb71jE9Ils7Mu1foZexzN2WlegJ1q11aVX_h8jTgLCTAffmXspe_lxf0WAK8ZNzD0Vt6XhtB5P0OS_OKjT1lRmQlmyPHjfWDF-kjBPgtaTaRv_-Drran06LnipWGpA

A few days have passed, and Sandstorm’s son has been born! He’s cream with double digging paws, so I name him Burrow. 

6OE8Q3VHWXzxI-X62ydcPdxxjgnZgZ_rqb-xZPp2R48ljacVnGbCJtH41arPuSdtBuBRokwNRWLkU4uhn_E7HITi6MYMve_4YZrLk2VQSnIb-rTPpg-4wh5SApTRLHbciU-kSCzH

Soon after Burrow’s birth, however, the Gazelles obtain a new member to their tribe, the velvet-paw, cracker jaw Beech! His fertility is terrible, but he’s otherwise pretty good and fits in with the yellowish colors of the Gazelle Tribe.

pNh1zBhzbB3cj9ctFmmGDURcUwYFVk15P-rkx71-RhDK3WPMF2-sG-mWfE9pgY6jdsZfus88u_eyLR05WRJzyWux_jXHB6JVpCvlYigGbVEvPiWAVPsBqunet9SREce5fQfoNqdp

Storm and Beech become mates, hoping to increase the numbers of the tribe, while Drake starts traveling up the large hills to see what else lies beyond the small coastal territory. Also, there’s a rogue male trying to harass the females, but Dragon, Shade, and Beech are dealing with that!

ujc7M-xs6-sjHessc0cW6kv2ocWxcn9eRdBIg0Q2yOmY6vyxchsty1bfF1xRgRVTAla88-2B6qDI6H-PS-n4Jr_MCc52fS96ubBRgJArKWYgjTNYTzXzi3h5DsYKw6JRh4by-BoP

The boys manage to discover a small savanna next to a river. If they cross it… Maybe they’ll discover new lands.

wRuQjamJciI5vSxvX9Xxb53Tf0_99OvyI_bX1u5D4VkMRTnQi02r2HKRrH9vkBDZFSq96C5As5fuMCItRYebyRM5WdusBpvhs35610t-Wf_7I-uYk5ewV8rPuDWtEVIkHmzjO4ZW

In the meantime, Drake finds a female who he falls in love with named Pollen. Awful fertility, but she’s got something that no other member of the Gazelles have. The ability to eat insects! Once they find some kind of termite mound, maybe a new source of food could be unlocked.

WQls38muYYv4fsEpbuH9ge0II48GY0idwgnjzI99Qtjya0viAF2xkQx6uCXSvjq3nbd_ejyCrWTmiai0_MzpmSBoNFQeJ0RXRyUwk3qghcHntMyfgOQouhFjcoArWiQTx6QdGnv0

Storm has her first child, Lightning! She’s the perfect mix of her parents, colors of her mom plus the body of her dad. 

But then, some bearyenas come… The tribe is in danger, and Lightning ends up getting killed. Poor thing…

PH9b5DXmvtvueXjILYu8bap-y6MfzC98T5lyL6kT10wLegc4l3XNff0zN9Vl8uX6bnex1OvgPrm1JPWo2uHT2vQxaWpjQ06mPVuiM7ivOm13iWp1TY_yQh7IzVCSfXT-wAKyx6ZQ

The tribe isn’t safe here… The bearyenas killed Dragon and Shade, so the Gazelles decide that need to go into hiding for now in order to recover their numbers… This is what happens when AHVHC swings into full force…

GWglbvqG3pvCiV5hcLrc88gFLP8xhX_0mRBcp7WqZ2ZnvdjniAOF4Ki8-ohTMyPbmg8apztkPjcqJoRXScot6dkIxuZS4ea4mJCLF51tCE72DCTeDUZzq2CXKrS_DkbL0WzM2PWD

A moment of silence for the tribe… Beech passes away from old age, and the world seems to get quieter. There is some light in the sky, however, for Pollen and Drake have had their daughter, Powder (she’s infertile, so no kids, sadly), and the tribe has recruited a blind defender by the name of Wasp. 

IslqC7_q09SrCSqU3EWxjjEPFJP9ztFOALNQ2p4qElMGkcLqzOF1Dlo2DW7aw4PL2bRsFPCNvUx1rYI_9DC35Gc63duhd-IXne-trC_syjZhZ-gnYe0mAFfzoWv7dojG_wLgXF4u

Some time passes and Sandstorm and Wasp both pass away at old age. Storm and Burrow are also now mates and have just had their first daughter, Rosewood, who got her dark brown fur from her paternal grandfather. The Gazelles also found a juvenile nicheling named Firefly, who is quick on his feet and fits right in with his lean body and savanna horns.

aYuwG1RnE0i1_yoHzp35mMDRP8yV-NS_yKxB4fTKdSsGR1gu4mzOl3FqwyBwqBU7w8TzrGe_WCQIUqpqyOR-IoW5uX3XC9P8Cw2pqsNpEMIb0BlnVOMM-iLOwCA2QGD9ZN0de9mt

The tribe is on Day eighty-one and is rather low on food due to an influx of new members. The newest wanderer here is the bright orange derp snout who is fittingly called Orange, as well as a younger patched wanderer by the name of Brittlebush. Finally, there’s Drake and Pollen’s son, the little red nicheling with ram horns who is called Fleetfoot. Also, Bolt died in battle, sadly.

Uw3JkWmiK8zlPaUbuJWXcaP94Joib5fjnJ1dmU0fv4uVyeydEO1PNfHNmVhwa69qiwtY7IVKakxb98njp2gU5dv0O3SLk2ip72gdMPUHZGeeVBRf9cIasi-Ksmn1fvpqqHYIB2Ao

Traveling the swamp in search of more food due to their high number of nichelings in the tribe, the nichelings continue to fight bearyenas and try not to die. Storm and Burrow’s second daughter, Peyote, is also born, sporting both heat body and blind eyes, which were seen in neither parent. 

But many things have changed throughout the years… The flies have come from the swamp to invade and infect the Gazelle Tribe, bearyenas continue to attack and kill the nichelings, and rogue males are always prowling in the corners. 

It is day one-hundred and three, and the tribe wonders if they should move on from this island. They could go to the cold lands of First Snow, but many of them lack the ability to live in the cold, or they could try the island north that I think is Oasis or Crossing, which would probably be better suited for them.

xSu0VHvGtLAbn90iZG08b8RKOJNU4oPZEmzyDA0THJVlphc3ynBzdxFPCqsSvOujo9WmR2KB4TEpa8olcdA08e6d4l0p8OSznZu7NA86JkuSCaP3A6lGnl1Z4yRIQV5oKGVv6rv4

Here are the current members/the survivors. Firefly, his mate Rosewood, Peyote, Blossom (wanderer), and Powder. Will they continue to survive? Or will their days be over soon?

• Like 1