Stray Fawn Community

Preserving Save Files in Different Versions

Lil' Sun Leopard

I'm wondering if I have to watch out for anything to do with my save files if I change my version of Niche to an older version. I want to go back to an older version to record the old soundtrack for myself, but I'm worried about what could happen to my save files. 

I have four current-version save files, and I'm quite attached to all of them, so I really don't want to lose any. Would anything happen to them that would ruin if I changed my game version to an older version? Say, v0.3.0 or older? I do plan on going back to current version after I'm done recording, but I'm still concerned that going back in time could mess with the files.

Do I have to take any precautions to keep them safe?

• Like 1

Im not exactly sure what could happen, but just to be safe, you can grab your saves and put them in a different folder or something in case something bad happens. If you have trouble finding your savefiles, I can find a post to help you.

• Paw up 1

16 hours ago, Lil' Sun Leopard said:

Alright, I know where my save files are, but I was told that some games have some extra stuff they do so it isn't so easy to move save files away from their original location and then just put them back. I'm not sure if Niche could be like that too, so I'm hesitant to try

People move niche files around all the time

You can just make backups without deleting the originals too

• Paw up 1