Stray Fawn Community

Orniekis

CanDLinkZz

Oh i thought i posted this already

Well, the laptop I us can't actually run Niche at all anymore, so I'm using my sister's, and that makes it sort of difficult to wrte. That's why I haven't been posting. TwT

Oh well, I'll probably start again soon. Although, it seems like I can never go through with, like, anything on these forums. 

• Paw up 1

• 10 months later...

So I have a setup not. I have my mother's laptop on my left, my sister's laptop in front of me, and an iPad on my right to listen to and watch things so that I don't get fidgety.

Also, funny little thing. Orniekis has become my real name, no joke. 

Sooo, what I'm saying is, I can continue this playthrough really easily now. :D

• Eek! 2

It's a couple days of travelling more when they reach one of those nut trees. It's on the edge of an island and casting a shadow over a lovely field of flowers, and not too far away, there's a nest and a berry bush. 

"This is perfect!"

Joeseki rushes toward the tree, but before he can reach it, he's startled away by a rustle in the bushes.

Of course, Orniekis doesn't have the best noses in the world, and it's just started raining again so Joeseki can't smell the thing, either. The grass in their way isn't helping, either. 

When the rustling doesn't continue, Joeseki takes another tentative step. All of a sudden, a flash of white is darting out of the grass and around his legs. 

Orniekis leaps back from behind him. "What in the heck is that!?"

"IT'S ATTACKING ME!" 

Joeseki frantically flaily his legs in attempts to get the creature away from him. The white thing runs toward Orniekis, and she catches it as it tries to pass by, holding it up in her paw. 

She examines the thing for a moment. It's small, fluffy, and kind of cute. Those little black eyes make her feel a little bad for hurting it. Not enough for her to let it go, though. 

But then she looks down at the dangling apendage attached to the thing's rear. Long, skinny, and so very unnatural

"Eugh."

She drops the thing and glances at Joeseki to see him cringing in more disgust than she is. "You can do whatever you want with that. I'm having acorns for dinner."

And so, Joeseki rushes to the tree as he intended, and Orniekis takes a bite of the rabbit, It's not bad. Quite good, even, if she makes it a point to ignore the long, unnatural tail.

Her first ever taste of meat. At least, as far as she remembers. 

They eat together, completely oblivious of a presence lurking in the grass. 

• Like 1

It seems to be an uneventful day. Orniekis is chilling in the nest and facing inland, Joeseki is frolicking in the flowers. The former is snacking on her berries when she feels someone looking at her.

She squints at the grass. There's an orange blob out there. It approaches her slowly. She waits, deciding that at the first sign of hostility, she'll bolt onto the beach.

When the blob emerges from the grass, it reveals itself to be another Nicheling. He has curvd grey horns and brown spots, both of which reminding her very much of her friend under the tree. He seems to be quite a bit older than herself, but not even close to the age of Pridukven. 

"Hello!" 

The orange blob seems quite excited at the prospect of other life. Perhaps he's been alone for quite some time, like herself. 

"My name is Ginger."

Orniekis is half tempted to isregard Orange Blob's name in favour of continuing to use her nickname for him, but she figures that night be rude. 

"Hello, Ginger. My name is Orniekis. Where did you-"

She had intended to ask where Orange Blob came from in hopes of finding something interesting - destination, or more creatures like themselves, perhaps - but she's interrupte by her friend who was once frolicking in the flowers under the tree.

"Who are you talking to?"

Joeseki skids to a stop next to her. He and Ginger stare at each other for a long moment. 

And another moment.

And a moment more.

At this point, it looks as though they're staring directly into each other's souls. 

Then Joeseki blinks, and the world unfreezes.

"Brother!

"Brother!"

The two rush toward each other and collide, falling into a heap on the grass. Joeseki ends up on top, batting at the head of Orange Blob beneath him. "Where did you go? Where did you come from? What happened to you? Why--"

Joeseki fires off questions before Orniekis can even comprehend them. Orange Blob just laughs and lets him continue, until he realises that there's a very awkward third person watching the interaction and not quite knowing what to do with herself. 

"Okay, that's enough."

He easily rolls himself onto his feet leaving Joeseki to flop to the ground. He blinks for a moment before standing to join his brother. 

"How did you find us out here, brother?"

"Well, I met a strange wandering Nicheling in search of something that she never could quite iterate. She told me that she had seen two young people wandering out here in the grass alone, so I followed her directions and they lead me here."

Now Orniekis blinks. Someone had seen them?

And she hadn't gotten to meet them??

Now she's just sad.

The two brothers catch up, and she gathers as much as she can about the both of them. Ginger and Joeseki are 40 months apart. Their names were chosen by two people who didn't exactly have the same perspective of the world, and so they went their separate ways, taking one of their sons each. 

This just makes Orniekis even more curious about where she came from.

She supposes, though, that it doesn't matter much anymore. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CanDLinkZz said:

So I have a setup not. I have my mother's laptop on my left, my sister's laptop in front of me, and an iPad on my right to listen to and watch things so that I don't get fidgety.

Also, funny little thing. Orniekis has become my real name, no joke. 

Sooo, what I'm saying is, I can continue this playthrough really easily now. :D

Props to whoever in Seri's comments literally named me. And this Nicheling. 

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1