Stray Fawn Community

Wicked

Katumai

It's not too strange, the concept of nichelings learning magic. I mean, they have already learned so much, so what's stopping them?

Nothing. In fact, they already have.

Far out at sea and isolated from where the nicheling populations usually reside, lay an archipelago.

The Twin Isles.

An archipelago split in two, each piece of land filled to the brim with magical properties. Even strange and wonderful creatures resided there, never seen anywhere else. 

Over generations, the tribe learned to control the elements and master magic. Some were even so powerful that nobody was ever able to lay a claw on them.

Things were good. Things were happy.

Until they weren't.

Something happened. The isles fell apart, and...everyone was gone. Gone before they knew it.

The isles were left shattered and crumbled, without a speck of life in them. The tribe was gone.

Except for a few lucky nichelings who managed to escape.

These nichelings-witches-decided to found a new tribe somewhere else, and rebuild the society they had known and love.

Oh, and then there's the kid who got lost on his way to Summer Camp and somehow ended up on their raft.

---------------------------------

Basically-Niche, except everyone is a witch

This is similar to Kevin in the fact that I'm only kinda serious-

(I also just finished watching The Owl House, so a LOT of this is based around that dtfyguh)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Katumai said:

Oh, and then there's the kid who got lost on his way to Summer Camp and somehow ended up on their raft.

dsbvcferhogjkjHKHASDFCLSERJGVRJTKLHMJJREKLJH

IT PAINS ME. IT TRULY DOES.

• Like 1

"Say that again! I dare you!"

"Hey, get off me!"

"Goddammit, do not make me turn this raft around!"

You can imagine that having six nichelings stuck on one tiny raft drifting across the sea for a week tends to lead to fights.

Good thing they were almost at the island, or Spice and Shrike surely would have killed each other and sunk the ship by now.

The moment they got to land, Crosskill jumped to shore, breathing in the fresh air as her tribemates hopped up behind her. It was nice to breathe something not salty for the first time in days.

Her eyes shot open as she felt something warm pressed against her side, nervously glancing down at Sugar, who was smiling obliviously and...was that purring? She could do that? Oh geez, keep it together Crosskill. Keep it together.

Shrike suddenly dropped like a rock just next to them, hissing and looking back at Spice, who presumably shoved him out of the raft. "That was completely unnecessary!"

"You're completely unnecessary!"

"That doesn't make sense!"

"You don't make sense!"

Crosskill sighed, reluctantly stepping away from Sugar and walking away to a spot where she (mostly) couldn't hear Spice and Shrike's endless childish arguing.

Mars hopped out next, briefly scanning the grass before sitting down next to Shrike. He sat back on his hindlegs, stretching out his wing and letting out a relived sigh. That raft could get pretty cramped.

And, instead of just getting out like a normal person, Pad teleported from the raft and next to Sugar. Showoff.

"Well, it seems we can still use magic here."

"And me?"

Pad turned her head, staring for few moments at Mars and thinking. He was just a normal nicheling-could he learn magic?

"Well, I guess we'll find out."

"Wait-didn't you say you were supposed to be at Summer Camp? You're just a normal-mc normal-pants! How in the world do you expect to learn magic?-"

"One more word and I turn you inside-out."

Everyone's heads turned to Crosskill, who had spoken for the first time in hours.

"Yeah? And how will you do that?"

Crosskill didn't say anything, just unsheathed a claw and started drawing a symbol in the air while staring Shrike in the eyes. 

He immediately shut up, trying to discreetly hide behind Mars and...use him as a shield, I suppose?

"Let's get going. We need to find a spot to build our home."

(sorry about no screenshots, technical difficulties drtfyguuih)

• Like 1

"So, you want to learn magic?"

Mars paused, looking away from where Sugar was picking berries and turning to Crosskill. She sat atop a rabbil burrow, calm and collected as ever.

He nodded, and sat down in front of the rabbil den to face her. 

"Alright. I'll show you something basic first."

She unsheathed a claw, and Mars watched curiously as she drew a symbol in the air, the drawing glowing a pale yellow once she was finished. It sat there, and she nodded to him to try.

He glanced down at his paws. Uh...how? One of his paws was basically useless, and the other one was a wing...uh...

"You have this, don't you?" Crosskill grabbed his wing, gently spreading it out and pointing to the clawtip on the joint. "Just use that."

"Will this even work? Like...whatever his name was said, I'm not magical, I'm not a witch. I doubt I can just use magic all willy-nilly."

Crosskill sighed, staring at the clouds for a few moments. "Well, we could try giving a piece of a witch to hold on to, that may work."

"A...piece?"

"Like a tooth or a claw. 

"....where are you supposed to get that? I'm not too sure your friends would be all that eager to give up one."

Crosskill didn't say anything, simply jumping from the rabbil burrow and calmly walking over to Spice. 

Mars watched curiously as the two spoke, seeming to be the only one noticing Crosskill drawing another symbol in the air. She tapped it with her paw, and Spice doubled over like someone had clawed him in the stomach, coughing as one of his teeth-not the big ones, he needed those-dropped on the grass.

Ignoring his angry snarling, Crosskill hopped back up on the rabbil burrow, doing another spell and fusing the tooth with some sort of string. She leaned down and looped it around Mars' neck.

"Let's see if it works now."

Mars gave her a look, then raised the claw on his wing, copying the symbol Crosskill had drawn earlier. Surprisingly, it actually worked, and the drawing shined a pale yellow.

Crosskill nodded. "Go ahead, tap it."

Mars did so, watching in slight awe as the drawing transformed into a tiny ball of light. Crosskill reached towards it and cupped her paws on the bottom, gently bringing it to rest against her chest.

"Anyone can be a witch with some practice."

1155096982_Wicked2.png.8ef67cea6a7040d9e3cccff4e7aef447.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

"Hey, are you feeling okay?"

Crosskill jolted, fur bristling as she whipped around to face the voice. Sugar took a step back, giving a her a look.

Crosskill sighed, bringing a paw up to her face and digging her claws in for a moment in irritation. "Yeah, yeah, I'm alright."

Sugar nodded, silently sitting down next to her. The two stared out at nothing, and Crosskill was growing more and more tense each moment.

"Where's Mars?"

"I had things to do, so I passed him over to Pad for the day." She gestured towards the beach, where Pad and Mars were crouched over the water. From what she could see, Pad was drawing a symbol in the water with her claw. Probably another spell.

"He'll be a good addition." She purred, and Crosskill felt like she may explode. Y'know, drowning herself in that water didn't seem too bad of an idea right now.

"We need wanderers. We can't rebuild with just the six of us, nobody here is even mates."

Oh no.

Oh god.

Keep it together.

"Y-yeah, uh...we could go look for some? I was just finishing up here-"

1403215207_Wicked3.png.9f0f51885866e7d77162d51b5edbb66b.png

• Like 1