Stray Fawn Community

Just scream about how bad online school is

GreenTheGreat

Right now we don't have online school anymore (but probably will soon again yeeeeeeah cool) but we used to have (spring-summer). Our physics teacher always talked for 90 minutes straight with like a five minute break in between and he would ask questions randomly and then get upset when you weren't listening after him talking for like half an hour. I get distracted easily when I am not particularly interested in a topic or when I am tired, so this was hell because it was early in the morning and I can't for the life of me be interested in some boring calculations about metals expanding when they are heated.

Also he had it out for me and would always ask me at least once per meeting. In the end I learned to just say some random number with absolute confidence.

I lost my last bit of productivity due to online school last spring and since the covid cases in Finland are rising we might have to go back to it soon

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lilyturf said:

I lost my last bit of productivity due to online school last spring and since the covid cases in Finland are rising we might have to go back to it soon

Same in switzerland, in the last 24 hours more people were infected than ever before (speaking about infections per day). I think the old record was from spring, so that's great.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 🏱︎︎☠︎👍︎☜︎☼︎👍︎☹︎✌︎🕈︎🗐 said:

My want to murder is highest after school :)))))

So is my desire to go live in a cabin in the woods somewhere

• Like 2

i have hybrid school and both going into school and the online portion suck :’) anyways,, i’ve done so much work today (mostly bc i put it off..) , i still have to finish my summer reading project, write an entire letter, and finish some more math practice questions. i think i’ve been working since 10 and it’s about 2 now. i have until 4:30 bc that’s when i have to start getting ready for soccer practice. i can do it i can do it i can do it

don’t mind me motivating myself and planning-

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SilverHowl said:

AHHH! STAY SAFE!!

Thanks! It is kind of scary to see the numbers going up so quickly, especially the positivity rates of the tests are going up like crazy, but I do feel somewhat safe right now, thanks to all the precautions.

We have to wear masks during the entirety of school and it is honestly starting to feel weird when I am not wearing one. 

• Like 1

there’s like,, 5 people last i heard at the high school across from my school (there’s my school, an elementary school near it, and then the high school is across a big field from my school? it’s hard to explain) also apparently a few whole classes have been quarantined? and at my brother’s high school someone had covid apparently. tis going as “great” as i thought it would tbh 

I don't have anything to complain about, I like it.

Fun Fact: I switched to online school (homeschool) right before Covid started getting serious, so I was already registered and didn't have to go through all that. Honestly, I loathe public school with every fiber of by being and would rather set myself on fire than go back.

(I do fall asleep during math class sometimes, though-)

• Like 1

U h h h h h h h h

Muisc. Hate it. Teacher's nice though.

Spanish. Love it. I'M A YEAR BEHIND EVERYBODY AND STILL GETTING AHEAD HECK YEAH. Thanks to the teacher for letting me stay after to ask questions about some of the words. (I can put most stuff together through certain wording, and I'm good at pronouncing other languages apparently, which has helped for both German and Spanish)

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, SilverHowl said:

You’re very smart at keeping cases low that’s for sure.

Well I guess we'll see now - I might have had contact with some infected people. In Switzerland there is a tracking app for your phone, and if someone tests positive everyone who was near them during the time they were contagious gets notified (if they have the app, of course). Now, my garbage phone has nowhere near enough space for the app, which sucks, but some people from my class have it installed. They, and an entire other class got notified about having potential contact to some one contagious. This is already worrying on its own, since that means someone from our school is most likely infected, but now one of my friends got notified that her sister (who she last saw on Wednesday) is infected without symptoms. And I did have contact with my friends while she was potentially contagious (depending on whether she actually got it from her sister or not). 

So yeah, no one really knows what'll happen but I guess it won't be too great. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Imperial officer said:

Am I the only one who thinks online school is better than normal education? Lol

Naw, twas great for me personally. Online school also means easier cheating so ye

• Haha 1