Stray Fawn Community

The Very Very Imperfect Playthrough

Mulan the Cat

Pearl is alone on the island - as far as she knows. Her parents are gone. But she is warm and the grass and berry bush provide shelter and a feeling of safety. 

She is too small to move, so she will need luck to survive the next few nights. 

• Like 2

Pearl blinks several times to clear rainwater from her eyes. Her ears stiffen into alertness. The rain is gone. The sun is too bright for Pearl's eyes, making the sting and water. Irritated, Pearl crawls future into the dense greenery, and lays still and quiet for the rest of the day.

20201022162037_1.jpg

• Like 2

The following two days are hotter and drier still. Pearl does manage to dry, and to groom herself for the first times. She had pulled herself up a muddy slope and now she rests under the shading leaves of her berry bush, breathing slow and evenly.

• Like 2

Pearl reaches the tree in the centre of the island, where an even more inviting patch of moss is nestled. Pearl blinks several times to clear the rainwater from her eyes. This isn't enough. Pearl's instinct whispers. There are far better things to find. 

• Like 1

Pearl sleeps badly that night, a mix of restless and comfortable. The instinct is even stronger now, feeling more and more like a danger than a dream.

But what do want? Pearl thinks. I have shelter, and food and water and comfort and... EVERYTHING I could want! So what am I missing?

The sun rises and Pearl hisses at it, turning away and covering her eyes with a paw. She cannot fall asleep and so stares into her paw. 

THIS can't be what I want. She thinks. Maybe I just need to get up and find what I'm searching for.  

20201022164131_1.jpg

• Like 1

And that concludes this playthrough! There really is no point in me continuing, because for the sake of the story I would like Pearl to spend the rest of her life happily exploring the island and even finding a mate. But in reality, I can't make that happen in niche. 

Hope you enjoyed this short, very imperfect playthrough.

By the way, here's Pearl's new home. 

20201022165323_1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mulan the Cat said:

Also, please leave me feedback, I need it so my next playthough will only be very imperfect rather than very very imperfect. 

Maybe next time add more of a drive. Like ask yourself what you want the end goal to be and what you should be doing to get there. But I really love how you cut it up into digestible chunks. It was super easy to read and understand. Nice flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1