Stray Fawn Community

Difficulty Modes

Mulan the Cat

I'm sorry if anyone has already suggested this, I'll hunt through the suggestions later.

Anyway, there can be four modes: Easy, Medium, Hard and Killer

On Easy baby and child nichelings do not require food and wandering nichelings are free to invite to join the tribe. 

On Medium, everything is the same.

On Hard predators get a +1 bonus to sight, wandering nichelings cost 10 food.

On Killer all predators get a +2 bonus to sight, wandering nichelings cost 15 food and mutations have half the chance of effecting offspring.

I hope that most of this is relatively easy to do, I might add some more things or change some things. I don't know... 

• Like 4

3 replies to this post

7 hours ago, just a lonely loaf of ace said:

On Hard and Killer, it could affect the strength of predators too! Also, on Easy, there could be no birbs! And maybe on Hard and Killer, your Nichelings eat more than one food every day? Like 2 for Hard and 3-5 for Killer or something like that. :D

Good ideas! I always set predator damage way up because I think it's more fun that way. 

• Paw up 1

I have a few ideas I'm not sure about, so I'll just comment them to make things eaiser.

On harder difficulties, genes are harder to unlock. (Particularity fertility, normal blood) on hard difficulty, and increased on killer difficulty.

All grass is regrowing (probably should be optional).

Boulders do damage when destroyed on killer difficulty.

Thorns cause bleeding when destroyed on killer difficulty.

You can not mutate runner's leg, normal hindlegs or good eyesight on hard+ difficulty.

Deformed paw will always pass onto offspring on killer difficulty.

Spit snout gives only +1 smelling.