Stray Fawn Community

D E S P A I R- Niche, except it's Danganronpa

Katumai

Fifteen nichelings, all especially talented, are sent to live out their dreams and accomplish their goals on a renowned island that most only dream of finding.

But nothing is really as it seems.

D҉̣͍̓̎͗͜͜e̵̡̫̫͍͕̎ͭ̐͟͟͝͞s҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡p̷̸̷̨͙͙͇ͨ̌ͣ͋͟͢͠a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠r҉̵҉̛̠̩̥̋ͦ̆͆͟͞͡͞͠ a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡w҉̢̡̹̮͌̄ͦ͜͟͟͞͠͞a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡s҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡ t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡h̷̶̘̘̬ͭ̏͞͡e̵̡̫̫͍͕̎ͭ̐͟͟͝͞m̴̵҉̸̲̗̰̼͗͌̃̇͟͟͟͠͞͠

--------------------

yeah, I've been watching/playing a lot of Danganronpa...oops

(Playthrough will start in next post)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 3

1288918548_Despair1.png.c13296d097fe774385490fe4660f2b9a.png

Introductions

Name: Claudia

Ultimate: Lucky Student

Name: Kaf-Kaah

Ultimate: Berry Picker

Names: Basil and Sorrel

Genders: Female

Ultimate: Twins

Name: Button

Ultimate: Healer

Name: Dim

Ultimate: ???

Name: Shatter

Ultimate: Warrior

Name: Specter

Ultimate: Thief

Name: Acacia

Ultimate: Tracker

(I'm aware that that's only nine nichelings, but the others come in later)

This is a world where nichelings act less like wild animals and are a bit more sophisticated-it's hard to explain, but you'll see.

This works pretty much like real Danganronpa, with a few changes because...it's Niche.

It's also kinda hard to make ultimates for nichelings because they're animals, so sorry if any of these sound completely dumb drgyuh

(then again, Danganronpa has some weird ones-seriously? 'Ultimate Affluent Progeny'? yeah, no, ultimate rich kid. Say it like it is Byakuya)

D E S P A I R   A W A I T S  Y O U

• Like 2
  • Love 2

C h a p t e r    O n e

This isn't right, is it?

She pressed a paw to her head, trying to calm the dizziness.

Dozens of fearful eyes stared at her.

Something isn't right.

"Uh...the stones are gone."

Were they?

She turned to look back at the water, and sure enough, the stepping stones that had brought her here had vanished. She hadn't even heard them crumbling.

"That's normal."

"But how are we supposed to go back home?" One of the two identical females piped up, tilting her head-her sister did the same. They were like clones of each other. It's almost unnerving.

"Maybe they'll pop back up when it's time for us to leave?"

"Physics don't work like that."

That blind one gave her chills.

The big one with the massive horns and claws scoffed, turning away and walking into the grass. "It's useless to just sit and wonder. There's probably someone waiting for us."

The albino-who had been silent-followed after him, and the rest took the hint to follow suit.

"Hey, what's your name?" The orange nicheling hopped up beside Claudia, and curled her tail over her back like a scorpion. She seemed friendly enough.

"Claudia."

---------------------------------------------

Soon, the nine nichelings came to a clearing, and a strange one at that.

Three stumps, all in a triangle, sat in the center, and a considerably tall oak tree was at the edge, behind the stumps.

"This seems promising."

"You wouldn't know."

"...what the hell does that mean?-"

Claudia sat by one of the stumps, tracing the hundreds of lines on the top with a claw. Something wasn't right.

Acacia sat down next to her. "Not so sure I like these guys too much-they're either rude or annoying, or they creep me out." She made a point to discreetly gesture behind her at Specter, who sat calm and unblinkingly near Shatter.

"Why is the ultimate thief blind, anyway?"

Acacia simply shrugged, and jumped up on to the stump that Claudia was busy with. 

She took the time to tune out Acacia's blabbering and study the others.

The twins-Basil and Sorrel-were sniffing around the edges of the clearing with Kaf-Kaah sitting nearby. She still couldn't tell the two apart, and the way they copied each and every little move off each other was...unsettling.

Shatter and Specter weren't far away from Claudia and Acacia, though they were only sitting in silence.

Button was standing on another stump and trying to keep his balance, which probably wasn't easy with the crippled paw.

And finally, Dim was...staring at the tree. 

Something isn't right.

------------------------

"I caught a thing!"

One of the twins-Claudia still had no idea which, they both looked and sounded exactly the same-jumped out of the grass with a stagmole in her jaws. She had probably never seen someone so happy.

Nothing good lasts, of course.

"Why were you hunting?" Kaf-Kaah scoffed. "Providing is a male's job. Go sit over there and talk with the other females."

Claudia cringed, and turned to see if Acacia had heard. Turns out she was fast asleep.

She gives off the impression that she may have broken his legs, anyway.

"Excuse me?" The other twin hissed, standing between Kaf-Kaah and her now dejected sister with a glare. "I don't see you doing anything. Hell, you're probably too fat and heavy to even catch a stagmole!"

This couldn't end well.

Before anything could escalate though...

"Don't fight just yet, that comes later."

All heads immediately whipped around, searching for the voice. Everyone seemed confused-who had said that?

"Do you not know how to look up? Geez, I knew mortals had issues, but this is just sad."

Claudia stiffened, and slowly-painfully slowly-turned to face the tree. 

Her mouth gaped.

A creature, around the size of a balance bear, sat atop the highest branch. It was completely blue, giving off an eerie glow. A long, rabbil-like tail swished behind it, and some ram horns sat atop it's bearyena head.

It smirked, and two massive, elegant wings spread out behind it's back.

It was horrifying, in a way.

Something isn't right.

Everyone was completely stunned into silence-what was this thing? It definitely wasn't a nicheling-and...why did it call them mortals?

"Ah, great, I have your attention." It started. "So, welcome to Hope's Peak. I'm sure you know why you're here. Well, not completely, actually." 

She could hear Acacia wake up with a yawn beside her.

"You know that you were all chosen because of your talents, right? Well, I hope you enjoy your time here! Because you're never leaving!"

Those words struck her like claws to the face-never leaving?

It seemed the others had the same thoughts, since they finally started talking.

"WHAT?!"

"You can't do that!"

"I can't stay here forever-my family is back home!"

"Not with these people! Nope!"

"Alright, you can calm down now-"

"This wasn't expected."

"IF YOU THINK I'M STAYING HERE, THEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING!"

"Can you all just-"

"...is-"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Everyone immediately quieted down, and Claudia watched in shock as what looked like an actual nicheling hopped up on the branch next to the creature. She hissed at the nichelings below, fangs baring in a way that made adrenaline run through her veins.

"Thank you, Penelope." The creature sighed, and the nicheling-Penelope-sat back and smirked with an oddly proud expression, as if she 'knew' she was better than everyone.

"Now, as I was saying, you'll be here forever, unless..."

Everyone seemed to hold their breaths.

"You kill each other."

Nobody even had a response to that.

"If you commit a murder, and get away with it, then you get to leave and everyone else will be punished! Or, well, executed. If you don't get away with it, then you're getting the execution. Whoever is the last alive gets to go home and live their life."

She said it so casually, like she was talking about how she found a berry bush or something, and not like she was telling them to kill each other.

"That's just madness! You're bluffing! How about instead of talking so big, you come down here! Huh?!"

The creature just kinda rolled her eyes and looked at Penelope. She seemed to get some hint that the others didn't and snickered with a wild, vicious grin, bolting down the tree and seeming to not take any notice of how far the fall was.

Before anyone knew it, she had her jaws snapped around Kaf-Kaah's throat, pinning him to the ground as he struggled in her grip. She wasn't biting hard enough to draw blood, but she definitely wanted to.

Nothing about that look in her eyes is sane...

"Now then, if you would all just listen-only one of you can leave. You don't technically have to kill each other, you're completely allowed to just live the rest of your days here-but where's the fun in that? It won't be easy"

She grinned, leaning forward on the branch and staring unblinkingly at the terrified nichelings.

"Despair is around every corner, after all."

Something isn't right.

-----------------------------

THERE YA GO, A NICE, LONG FIRST CHAPTER

Most of these wont have screenshots because...I dunno, I would rather just write, I guess? And I can't access console on this laptop so setting up scenes for screenshots is just a pain erdtfyguh

The last characters should come in next chapter

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...