Stray Fawn Community

✨a chaotic poorly thought out explanation of my artstyle kinda?✨

flower

For @Lisa 

im just going to retype everything for all the ‘’steps’’ bc my handwriting is confusing 

1:  guidelines. 
a curved line + another vertical line that can be centered or off centered depending on where the snout will be.

2: faces.

draw your features in (ears, snout, jaw, etc.) its a lot of trial and error to be honest 

3: bodies.

i start off with the spine that goes from the jaw to the base of the tail.

3 1/2:  bodies to 2 ig.

i just draw the limbs + body without many guidelines usually. When I draw a body from a side view i often use a shape like this (in the pinkish color)

4: paws.

I don’t usually draw the individual toes bc I’m bad at it although I do for claws.

5: tails I draw a line and then add some fluff to it.

6: eyes. 
circles, rectangles, and trapezoids are good guides for eyes I find.

7: horns.

antlers can be many shapes and I usually try to make them fit a characters personality. 
ram horns I usually make coming from he fore head, then go behind the ears and wrap around the jaw.

8: fluff (a perfect way to fill weird spaces that don’t look right by themselves) I try to make the fluff match the character and body type as best I can. I usually have it curled up to make it look light and fluffy but it depends on the character.

69C52AC1-233A-448A-B3AA-0092FA77D9CA.thumb.png.dacd93e6c32f4b1bc2d26b3bc450df71.png

• Love 3

Just now, SilverHowl said:

Wow, makes me want to do a similar post! I thought you were gonna explain it to her via PMs but I appreciate sharing your tips publicly! ❤️

Thanks! I figured I might as well just post it 

Just now, SilverHowl said:

It’s fine, it’s just that the neck needs to be farther away from them, you need shoulders for one thing.

ya, but at least the body doesnt look like a deformed potato for once lol

1 minute ago, SilverHowl said:

Here’s a good example I can give with how I can make the body more anatomically correct, you need to sketch out a skeleton ❤️

B8F750C3-A221-4781-97AC-12500000A62E.thumb.png.07623e059c06b2bb79bff98d0ac84474.png

proceeds to just draw the head then draw the rest of the body head-to-tail

1 minute ago, SilverHowl said:

Omg that is so good!! You’re learning! And it’s making me happy! ^w^ if you don’t mind.. that would look like a nice pfp or reaction, so maybe make it your profile pic?

omg yas

Ireland.png This is a picture i made of Ireland before i came back to the forums. She has a normal claw and a deformed paw, and a bearyena snout. Also ignore how big her ears are, theyre normal ears

• Love 2

Ok I’m aware that it seems just a bit weird to make another one of these somehow? But this time I made this one because sometimes I forget how I do things and maybe this will help-

9C6C9F06-FAE8-4885-A414-2B9C8A1140A6.thumb.png.d1477de66601676e0259a48a085973be.png

• Like 1