Stray Fawn Community

Nicheling Preservation Programme 2020

mhiahia

Day 20, Sunny

#006 and #008 continue to coexist peacefully and have begun sharing food with eachother. #003 appears to have made a nest and seems to be far more affectionate than usual. Hope is high that she might be pregnant.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Day 21, Sunny

#003 is barely leaving her nest. She appears to be nursing. #007 is keeping busy by clearing out the surrounding area. #006 and #008 appear more affectionate, perhaps pair-bonding has begun. #004 is seen moving north, towards P4.

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

Day 22, Sunny

#008 shows signs of pregnancy, but hasn't nested yet. #009 has been introduced to #004, both of them appearing to like eachother. #003 and #007 are seen taking care of a healthy cub, with #003 seemingly being pregnant again.

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

Day 23, Sunny

#003 appears to have given birth to another cub. Her firstborn has left the nest, and has been identified as male. #008 apppears to be nesting, perhaps getting ready to give birth this night. Just as predicted, #004 and #009 continue to move north, though #004 shows signs of nesting.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Day 24, Sunny

#004 and #009 have stopped moving north, seemingly nesting, with #004 showing definite signs of pregnancy. #008 has left her nest, with #006 guarding is closely, which leads us to assume that #008 may have given birth to a stillborn cub.

A drone has been able to take a picture of #003 and #007, identifying both of their cubs.

20201108141323_1.thumb.jpg.704c61fbef08378ab2c77ed488a0229f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 3

Hello. I and the other researchers at NWSO (Nothern Wildlife Safety Organisation) saw your request, and we have some fresh genetic material for you. We'd be honored to have our dear boy take part in such an important project. It huts to say goodbye to him, but we know we're leaving him in good hands.

Name of Owner: NWSO

Name of Nicheling: Tomato Soup (he may or may not have broken into our research center's food storage once)

Gender of Nicheling: male

Genetic Code of Nicheling: marked in the picture below

Age of Nicheling: 6 days

Past Social Behaviour of Nicheling: Very sociable, has been handled by humans. Seems to have an interest in digging

Picture of Nicheling: (from when he was 3 days old)

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/uploads/monthly_2020_02/image.png.17e4aa5a906c6824395b1a09c8faf768.png

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Day 25, Sunny

The younger cub of "Niim" (#003) and "Elrosti" (#007) has left his nest, and has been confirmed male. Both cubs are now named. #010 is dubbed "Tuku", his brother #011 is now called "Zul". Since #003 is already quite old we do not expect her to have more offspring. The family is occupied with picking berries and clearing out grass.

Both #008 and #006 continue to visit the nest. Our team is hoping that their cub might be alive after all.

#004 appears to have given birth, and drone footage shows that she might be pregnant again.

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

Day 26, Sunny

The cub of #008 and #006 is alive after all! Number #012, now called "Lami" by researchers, spent the day close to his father, picking berries.

Both #004 and #009 care for a nest each, leading us to believe that they may have two young cubs in their care.

#007 shows his offspring how to hunt and fish. His oldest, #010, has grown into an adult, and one of our drones has been succesfully decoded his genome, as well as taking a picture of him and his parents.

20201108171433_1.thumb.jpg.9101231071d77de472c3a1353eef448f.jpg

#010 "Tuku"

20201108171841_1.jpg.dc0e71d4e8d8363e682eb587e61b9209.jpg

20201108171845_1.thumb.jpg.1ef42387ec6a3a4ac7fa7e212787a72c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

As it currently seems like most offspring is male, we would like to incourage zoos as well as other organisations to consider having some of their females join our project.

However, as we are careful to not overcrowd the island, we may remove some of our own individuals from there and instead put them in zoos.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 1

Dear NPP,

We At PANR (Preservation And Nicheling Reaserch) Are Available to Donate Genes Or Nichelings To your research.

Simply message us back clarifying what type of genes you would like and Genders.

Thank you, PANR

• Like 6
  • Paw up 1

Greetings again from NWSO. We found another possible candidate for your program.

Name of Owner: NWSO

Name of Nicheling: Cloydy skies

Gender of Nicheling: female

Genetic Code of Nicheling: The data marked in the picture was obtained using outdated methods, so some of it isn't very accurate. I'll try my best to fill in what is missing. Her immunity genes are B and G.(?) No albinism or melanism. I'm assuming her fur is chestnut brown + white but a different combo may be more accurate. Her horns are red and her patterns would be black. We don't know much about her other pattern genes, but it is likely that she has pattern shape D.

Age of Nicheling: 8 days

Past Social Behaviour of Nicheling: Has been handled by humans a couple of times for research purposes, but she is very shy and prefers the company of other nichelings.

Picture of Nicheling:

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/image.png.64fc5d6bd59c9ce37abb312cbc257129.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sky said:

This was marked to be deleted and I'm pretty sure that was a mistake so I restored it. If you actually want this deleted just let me know

YOU ARE A SAINT THANK YOU !!

• Paw up 1

FYI it said Mhiahia deleted it so maybe they accidentally hit the delete button or something? Anyways if this happens again just give me a link, I'm usually able to access deleted and hidden posts as long as they weren't permanently deleted (aka gone forever) and fix them

6 minutes ago, Sky said:

This was marked to be deleted and I'm pretty sure that was a mistake so I restored it. If you actually want this deleted just let me know

THANK YOU SO MUCH

2 minutes ago, Sky said:

FYI it said Mhiahia deleted it so maybe they accidentally hit the delete button or something? Anyways if this happens again just give me a link, I'm usually able to access deleted and hidden posts as long as they weren't permanently deleted (aka gone forever) and fix them

I have no memory of deleting it (and would never, I love this dearly)- the only way I can explain this happening is due to how absolutely terrible the forum looks on my phone (due to the new update, its basically not funtional anymore). I only open them on my phone to check my notifications, so I might have accidentally clicked on the delete button?

• Like 3