Stray Fawn Community

The tutorial never ends...

Void

Software Name: Nimbatus The Space Drone Constructor

Software Version: 1.1.3

Computer OS: Windows 10 Home 1909

Save file content:

Captain: Pilot  Mode: Survival  Difficulty: Normal  Save file and "debug log" attached below

Problem detail:

I've been searching on this "strayfawnstudio.com" and "Google search engine", but haven't found the issue exactly the same as mine. So I posted it.

I haven't chosen "Tutorial" from the start of game. But after I finishing one whole galaxy mission(not the whole universe) and entering the Wormhole, bug like "endless tutorial mode" began in the game suddenly. The tutorial forces me finish some missions and although I finished it, the tutorial still forces me finish the same mission as before again and again and ag...Okay

I can't go on playing on other planets or any other Missions...

Saves.7z

output_log.txt

Edited by Void
In order to reduce bug report duplication, uploaded incorrect file and grammar mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

@PhiloOK, I could still wait. But for 1 week before one reply from your developer. If there isn't any answer about your debugging progress or whatsoever, then I'll constantly ask for refund day and night, all the time until I get my money back. I can't play anything, any mission because of this "endless tutorial". Although however many times I tried from the start of this game, this bug NEVER stop.

Edited by Void
typographical error.

Hey @Void

Sorry for not replying earlier, I totally forgot the post, thanks for reminding me. :(
Unfortunately there is no error in the logfile, but I had a look at the savefile you provided
It seems like you used a tool or a mod to get infinite ressources. Maybe this caused  problems.

The savefile you uploaded had some really strange data inside.
I fixed it by hand by setting the tutorial to finished. But I'm not sure how this happened.

Next steps:

• Take my savefile and place into this folder  C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus\Saves\Savefiles
    And try to load it.
  • If this still does not work, try to create a new game where you skip the tutorial and don't use any cheat-tools or mods.

However I'm not sure why the endless tutorial bug happened in the first place, I'll have to investigate it more.
If we don't find a solution for the problem you can have a refund, no problem.

Cheers,
Micha

255d3a3f-fc50-43e7-b51c-50a622488695.nimbSave

On 12/21/2020 at 7:09 PM, Micha said:

Hey @Void

Sorry for not replying earlier, I totally forgot the post, thanks for reminding me. :(
Unfortunately there is no error in the logfile, but I had a look at the savefile you provided
It seems like you used a tool or a mod to get infinite ressources. Maybe this caused  problems.

The savefile you uploaded had some really strange data inside.
I fixed it by hand by setting the tutorial to finished. But I'm not sure how this happened.

Next steps:

• Take my savefile and place into this folder  C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus\Saves\Savefiles
    And try to load it.
  • If this still does not work, try to create a new game where you skip the tutorial and don't use any cheat-tools or mods.

However I'm not sure why the endless tutorial bug happened in the first place, I'll have to investigate it more.
If we don't find a solution for the problem you can have a refund, no problem.

Cheers,
Micha

255d3a3f-fc50-43e7-b51c-50a622488695.nimbSave 94.23 kB · 0 downloads

OK, thanks for replying. I'll have a try. I modified it by improper tool called "Cheat Engine". And the Tutorial system is connected with "resource amount"...I see.