The rustling stopped, but there were voices

"Where could she have gone?" a tom asked, confused and angry

"She couldn't have gotten far," answered a she-cat

"Deadstar is going to kill us!" exclaimed another she-cat

"Deadstar won't kill us, he's a reasonable cat." the first she-cat said

"Well, we better find her anyway. Just to be safe." the tom hissed

The cats' pawsteps faded into the undergrowth, leaving

(oooo, glad I was in the den)
They had to be talking about Panther. What sort of trouble was the she-cat in? (And how come they didn't find our food/skeletons of prey? btw)

2 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(oooo, glad I was in the den)
They had to be talking about Panther. What sort of trouble was the she-cat in? (And how come they didn't find our food/skeletons of prey? btw)

(They assumed it was some sort of eagle, falcon, etc.)

Dog was the first one to leave the den, "It's safe! They're gone." he called

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

(They assumed it was some sort of eagle, falcon, etc.)

Dog was the first one to leave the den, "It's safe! They're gone." he called

"What a relief," said Dove, "I'm glad we went in the den as fast as we did." She turned to Panther, "Did you recognise any of them?"

16 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

Panther nodded, "The tom was Foxleaf, the calm she-cat was Hollowwhisper, and the other she-cat was Croweye.." she explained

"From your old group? Was the leader called Deathstar?"

13 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

"Yes, from my old group. And no, Deathstar was not the leader," Panther said

"He must be a new leader then, probably seized power from the old. Who was the old leader?" asked Dove. (also are willow and dog around?)

5 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

(No, Willow went outside when Dog said it was ok)

"The old leader was Star," Panther said

"Star eye? Maybe he just added Death to the front, I don't know what kind of derranged cat would put the word death in their name on purpose, but these guys seem to fit the bill," commented Dove.

12 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

"No, Deathstar was Star's brother.." Panther confessed

"Well, perhaps, Star just died of natural causes and his brother took over, not that it really matters. Deathstar's in charge now, and he's having those in his group look for someone. Do you have any idea who that someone would be?"

8 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

Panther hesitated

Dove could press the issue, but why? Panther might get really upset. And what did it matter if they're looking for someone? Then again, it did matter if Panther herself was that some-one. Dove should at least know if she was helping and hiding a fugitive. "Do you know who they're looking for?" asked Dove.

5 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Dove could press the issue, but why? Panther might get really upset. And what did it matter if they're looking for someone? Then again, it did matter if Panther herself was that some-one. Dove should at least know if she was helping and hiding a fugitive. "Do you know who they're looking for?" asked Dove.

"Uhh.." Panther still wasn't sure if she should tell you, let alone trust you

• Paw up 1

11 hours ago, __________________________ said:

Panther looked away, "They're looking for me.." she confessed

I feel for her, but we've already sacrificed so much for this stranger. My siblings must come first, and by taking her in I've put us all in danger. "Do you mind telling me what for?" asked Dove in the gentlest voice possible.

12 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I feel for her, but we've already sacrificed so much for this stranger. My siblings must come first, and by taking her in I've put us all in danger. "Do you mind telling me what for?" asked Dove in the gentlest voice possible.

"Because they believe I was responsible.." Panther answered

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

"For what? What happened?" asked Dove.

"For Star's death.." she said, "We were walking along a gorge, talking.. then a dog appeared from the undergrowth. Star and I got scared, and darted in different directions. Unfortunately, Star ran into a dead end, and the dog backed him up, and over the edge of the gorge, I wanted to help him.. I really did.. but I didn't have enough time between the dog running away, and a small patrol from our group showed up.." Panther explained

• Paw up 1

5 hours ago, __________________________ said:

"For Star's death.." she said, "We were walking along a gorge, talking.. then a dog appeared from the undergrowth. Star and I got scared, and darted in different directions. Unfortunately, Star ran into a dead end, and the dog backed him up, and over the edge of the gorge, I wanted to help him.. I really did.. but I didn't have enough time between the dog running away, and a small patrol from our group showed up.." Panther explained

(Is this the murder or just another plot addition?)
"Well, sounds like you're in big trouble then. They're wanting to avenge their leader's death. Since you told me the whole story, and you've trusted me thus far, I'm not kicking you out. But we best get moving. It won't be long before they discover our den. I'll tell Willow and Dog," should I tell them the whole story? I trust them, but do they really need to know? They might turn on Panther, or worse... But lying to them isn't protecting them.

10 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(Is this the murder or just another plot addition?)
"Well, sounds like you're in big trouble then. They're wanting to avenge their leader's death. Since you told me the whole story, and you've trusted me thus far, I'm not kicking you out. But we best get moving. It won't be long before they discover our den. I'll tell Willow and Dog," should I tell them the whole story? I trust them, but do they really need to know? They might turn on Panther, or worse... But lying to them isn't protecting them.

(Plot addition)

Panther nodded, her eyes filled with grief

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, Chiyanna said:

Dove walked out of the den and went to where Dog and Willow were talking.

They were arguing near a small oak tree.

"Would you quit starting arguments over this?!" Willow hissed

"Then Loop shouldn't have left after mother died!" Dog retorted

"It's not Loop's fault!" Willow argued, "You know Loop loves us! She wouldn't-" Willow was cut off

"How do you know she loves us?! Did she tell you before she left?" Hissed Dog

"I know she loves us! I don't have to hear her say it when I already know! You should know it too, she is your sister too!" Willow argued, grief in her tone

"She was my sister." Dog corrected her

Willow stood there, shocked.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, __________________________ said:

They were arguing near a small oak tree.

"Would you quit starting arguments over this?!" Willow hissed

"Then Loop shouldn't have left after mother died!" Dog retorted

"It's not Loop's fault!" Willow argued, "You know Loop loves us! She wouldn't-" Willow was cut off

"How do you know she loves us?! Did she tell you before she left?" Hissed Dog

"I know she loves us! I don't have to hear her say it when I already know! You should know it too, she is your sister too!" Willow argued, grief in her tone

"She was my sister." Dog corrected her

Willow stood there, shocked.

"Enough you two!" said Dove from the side, "How'd this even come up again?"