Stray Fawn Community

So um

Sky

oh holy-

geez, I'm usually not one to reply to topics like this, but I just wanna say that I'm so sorry. Like, that sucks. A lot. (sorry if I sound sarcastic, I'm tired)

Diabetes isn't fun, which I know is pretty obvious, but that stuff's pretty serious. You'll be okay for the most part, I think? (I'm not a health expert, but I grew up around some friends with diabetes and they seemed pretty normal, they mostly just wore insulin pumps everywhere)

This probably failed at being comforting, but point is-I uh...send my regards? That sounds dumb but I think you get the point.

Hang in there, Sky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sky said:

I want to cry now but my parents are in the car

I'm so sorry to hear you feel like this. It must be hard to process so soon. I can't relate but if you ever need any support we're all here for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sky said:

I was feeling really fatigued this week so today we went to the doctor and just a few minutes ago they came back with the results of my urine and blood tests and um. Apparently I have diabetes...fun...

I want to hug you, but I can’t so I’ll just-

2D1C6A64-A52B-40F0-9B54-F36C29DB1F3D.gif.ce157c64fbb88d0967fc9836209ef4e8.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got some Christmas hallmark movie on the tv that look at every so often. The main lady was like "pppfffff I don't think of Max like THAT" and ten min later I look at the tv and she's holding Max's hand at a romantically lit table

• Haha 3
  • Eek! 1

13 minutes ago, Sky said:

I got some Christmas hallmark movie on the tv that look at every so often. The main lady was like "pppfffff I don't think of Max like THAT" and ten min later I look at the tv and she's holding Max's hand at a romantically lit table

ok. good thing you're doing well.

It's 12:40am and they have to come and check my blood pressure or something every hour so I've gotten no sleep and probably won't get any at all. Also I'm not allowed to eat or drink until probably morning, I've just gotten IVs and occasionally some crunchy ice. IM SO THIRSTY UGGGHH

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Sky said:

It's 12:40am and they have to come and check my blood pressure or something every hour so I've gotten no sleep and probably won't get any at all. Also I'm not allowed to eat or drink until probably morning, I've just gotten IVs and occasionally some crunchy ice. IM SO THIRSTY UGGGHH

That really sucks. I'm sorry. But on the bright side, it could've been something much worse. Like something life-threatening. But, I hope you'll feel better? Sorry, I'm not very good at sounding sentimental. I feel really bad for you, but I just don't know how to put it into words without it kind of sounding like I don't care.

On another note, I'm pretty sure we're in the same timezone. It's currently a couple minutes past 1 am. And it was 12:40 here when you made that post

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please, be okay, alright?

From what I've heard, you should be able to live a pretty normal life aside from the insulin stuff and watching your sugar, but I'm not an expert on this stuff.

Just- hang in there. We're here for you

• Thanks 1
  • Paw up 1

It's 10 pm here, I'm still in the hospital but I may get to go home tomorrow. Basically now I have to count how many carbs I eat and not eat too many, as well as check my glucose (needle prick) and get insulin (needle prick) every time I eat. At least I'm allowed to eat now, and I can watch movies (I've watched the new Annie and I'm currently watching Dolittle--not the best but I've seen most of the small selection). Last night I got no more than two hours of sleep because they came and checked my glucose every hour. Tonight they'll have to do it at 4am but otherwise I'm good.

The scariest part is realizing that this will, unless a cure is miraculously found within my lifetime, never go away, and I'll always have to check my glucose, inject insulin, and count carbs (though the first too have easier but more expensive alternatives that don't have needles, so hopefully one day I'll have those). There's also foods I can't have anymore, and restaurants I may never walk into again. Like, I can have Chick fil a nuggets and fries, but along with a lemonade it's a bit too many carbs. Their milkshakes are off the table, and the cookies are pretty carby so it's unlikely I'll eat one again. :(

p.s. I can't wait to get out of this hospital bed, my butt hurts

• Sad 10

On 11/14/2020 at 3:00 PM, Sky said:

I was feeling really fatigued this week so today we went to the doctor and just a few minutes ago they came back with the results of my urine and blood tests and um. Apparently I have diabetes...fun...

I will be thinking of you, and I hope things get better ❤️

Encouraging cats - neko atsume - rooting for you - you can do it - i  believe in you - you are awesome - stickers" Canvas Print by frnknsteinn |  Redbubble

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good luck.

I honestly don't have anything positive to say. Insulin's cost absolutely SUCKS in America. 

I hate the american healthcare system. Canada has nice healthcare though.

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1

9 hours ago, Aetherstonks said:

Good luck.

I honestly don't have anything positive to say. Insulin's cost absolutely SUCKS in America. 

I hate the american healthcare system. Canada has nice healthcare though.

our insurance paid for the insulin so it's free for us, we just have to pay for some smaller stuff that is either cheap or lasts a while.

anyways I'm out of the hospital now. soon I'll eat dinner which means finger prick (check glucose) and stomach stab (inject insulin). (then I gotta do the same thing before bed...) at least I can still eat chick-fil-a nuggets. I got a small fries tonight too but its pretty carby so goodbye chick-fil-a fries :(

also, we talked to a second educator today and we talked about these glucose monitors. our insurance covers both so we're gonna get the better one, the Dexcom G6. It basically continuously tracks your glucose without the use of a fingerstick (the finger pricker) which is really nice. I actually like doing the insulin more than the stick because the insulin shot doesn't hurt if I do it on my stomach (and there's plenty of stomach space so I don't have to switch to a different spot if I don't want to) but the stick does and my fingers get tiny dots and are sore. so yeah the educator said the thing would probably be ready in the next 2 weeks so hopefully it comes really soon because 4 pokes a day times 14 is 48 finger pokes and my fingers do not like that at all

p.s. at least there's some fun diabetes accessories :) 

• Eek! 3

On 11/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, Sky said:

Every single hallmark movie in a nutshell