Stray Fawn Community

Teachers failing to teach genetics

My teacher said that amphibians and/or reptiles are invertebrates. 

Don't know what this has to do with niche, but... it was very painful because my classmates believed the teacher and we were 11 at the time. 

And, to make that worse, that was the only genetic stuff we were taught that year. 

AND it wasn't just a slip of the tongue! THE TEACHER WROTE IT DOWN AND KEPT IT UP FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR! 

I'm so sorry teachers, I love you! But somebody had to make this post, okay?

I'd like to petition for extra info about nichelings. Such as if they are mammals, give birth to live young, are vertebrates, are warm-blooded etc. Also if there could be fancy words like 'diurnal' or 'adaptable' or... I don't know. Ooooooo... perhaps more info about other creatures as well? Hold on... I'm making a features request.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 2
5 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

they aren't (or at least not all of them are), idk how the teacher got that in their head

All amphibians and reptiles are vertebrates

• Like 2
21 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

they aren't (or at least not all of them are), idk how the teacher got that in their head

It could be because they don't 'look' like vertebrates, even I can't tell if they're verte or not, but yeah if thats true they should've done more research as a 'teacher'

15 hours ago, alex602h said:

All amphibians and reptiles are vertebrates

Got that right ^^

• Eek! 1

Vertebrates are just animals with vertebrae (backbones). Even though there is "bone" in "backbone", the vertebrae doesn't have to be made out of bone, it can also be made out of cartilage. A lot of fish have cartilagious backbones, and they are considered vertebrates. 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1