Stray Fawn Community

Indiegogo InDemand Campaign until Dec. 18th

Markus

Hello everyone!

Thank you all so much for your support during our Kickstarter campaign. With all your help we were able to raise $185k. This means a lot to us ❤️ 

For the people who missed the initial Kickstarter but still want to support us and want cool rewards, we have opened a time-limited Indiegogo InDemand campaign. This campaign will run until Dec. 18th.

http://igg.me/at/TheWanderingVillage

This is likely the last chance to get some limited physical rewards like sketches and commissioned artworks.

Please note: Since the Kickstarter was successful, the InDemand campaign does not have a funding goal and if you buy a perk, you will be charged instantly.

Thank you again for your support! We're now finally back to focus our energy in making the best game possible ❤️ 

• Like 7
  • Eek! 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Flèche des NeigesI think we count "pre-launch access to the game" as Early Access. So if I recall correctly by getting the "Scout" perk and above you get access to the "Early Access" phase.

@Zixvir More money means basically either we can work longer on the game (=improve the game) before we run out of money and HAVE to release (to get a new money influx), or we can hire additional people so we can work on it faster. We're still a small team and we're still fighting for survival :) Money doesn't make a game better by itself, but it makes the two things mentioned above possible :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/14/2020 at 3:25 AM, Markus said:

@Flèche des NeigesI think we count "pre-launch access to the game" as Early Access. So if I recall correctly by getting the "Scout" perk and above you get access to the "Early Access" phase.

@Zixvir More money means basically either we can work longer on the game (=improve the game) before we run out of money and HAVE to release (to get a new money influx), or we can hire additional people so we can work on it faster. We're still a small team and we're still fighting for survival :) Money doesn't make a game better by itself, but it makes the two things mentioned above possible :) 

~ h i r e ~

(as long as you keep on doing updates after official release (if you have enough money from sales) so it's still improved on)

On 12/14/2020 at 4:25 AM, Markus said:

hmmm, well usually the longer the game is worked on, the better it is.

you're gonna need to have the early access players do bug checks, as in, try to break the game. yeah if you hire, it lets you work faster, but even if you hire more people, you should still work on it for the same amount of time. for quality.

of course, who am I to say this, I don't know about all the school of trade stuff and all that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zixvir said:

you're gonna need to have the early access players do bug checks, as in, try to break the game. yeah if you hire, it lets you work faster, but even if you hire more people, you should still work on it for the same amount of time. for quality.

bold of you to assume a literal game development studio doesn't know these things

• Haha 5

No worries, no harm done :) 

I just want to quickly note/add that it's not a given that after a full release a game gets new feature updates as long as money comes in :) For most studios except the most successful top ones, the money coming from and after a release is barley enough to make a new one. So money/time spend on making new features for the released game often means less money/time for the new one :) 

Games on Steam which get updates year after year for free (not DLC) are mostly the most successful ones and might convey the impression that it's becoming the norm. But for most indies it's not possible or even a good business strategy :) 

Indiegogo InDemand campaign has entered it's last 24h ^^

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 12/14/2020 at 10:25 AM, Markus said:

It's me again...

Still lost...

I donated 40 for the Scout, but I can't find how to enter Early-access. Steam says it's on but there's nowhere to enter the Indiegogo code...

I need help. ^^'

10 minutes ago, Markus said:

@Flèche des Neiges I'm sorry for the confusion. Currently there's no Early Access available for anyone. We plan to launch the game into Early Access in Q4 2021.

Oh... that's why...

I'm disappointed, but I'm sure I can wait a little longer and survive it. ^^

Thanks for clearing things out.

• Like 3

Thank you for your understanding. I'm sorry that the Early Access launch date wasn't clearly enough communicated for you. We're working on making a good game until then so please look forward to it. Thank you for your ongoing support ❤️ 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 4:46 AM, gamingcookie said:

bold of you to assume a literal game development studio doesn't know these things

no, more like dumb.

7 hours ago, Markus said:

No worries, no harm done :) 

I just want to quickly note/add that it's not a given that after a full release a game gets new feature updates as long as money comes in :) For most studios except the most successful top ones, the money coming from and after a release is barley enough to make a new one. So money/time spend on making new features for the released game often means less money/time for the new one :) 

Games on Steam which get updates year after year for free (not DLC) are mostly the most successful ones and might convey the impression that it's becoming the norm. But for most indies it's not possible or even a good business strategy :) 

Indiegogo InDemand campaign has entered it's last 24h ^^

hmmm... maybe a dlc would be better then an update, you could have a dlc after the 5th update, when you have it together a little bit, if that is a good buisness stratagy, or there might be other ways to make money. hmmm... I'll make a post about it here!

• Like 2

All good @Zixvir :) 

Yes, making DLCs is one way of expanding the life of a game. But on the other hand (from a business point of view), only a small portion of players often buy DLCs, so that's also not without caveats 😅 Making games is difficult :D 

But worry not, so far it looks okay for us :) 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 6:51 PM, Chiyanna said:

I thought this might be recent too LOL till I read december in the text of the post

is early access out yet?

• Philo unpinned this topic